[WotLK] Let's talk Dungeon Finder

You lose everything when you start again referring to random people only YOU know.

State an opinion and own it. Leave out the nonsense about “everyone I know” or “most people I know” to make your arguments, it doesn’t hold water and doesn’t move your point forward.

Appreciate the actual opinions that belong to you alone.

Have you been playing TBC? The stuff you’re worried about happening…is already happening. All of it. Without RDF.

People don’t talk.

People are easily replaced.

You never play with the same players or remember their names because there are thousands available on megaservers.

The people playing the game are the “next generation of gamers” as you put it, and they play the same whether we have RDF or not.

5 Likes

The few people I know IRL who were considering playing Wrath Classic immediately bailed when they found out no RDF.

And a lot of people I chat with online decided not to play.

It’s rather relevant to the issue. I’m well aware anti-lfd posters want to ignore reality when it conflicts with their stance, but it is what it is.

8 Likes

The “vocal minority” is and always has been purist gatekeepers making up inane excuses for why rdf shouldn’t be in the game.
Most people do not have an issue with rdf, even if they’re OG WoW players. If Blizz truly thinks that the majority of people don’t want rdf, then surely they would have 0 issue with releasing a poll to players simply asking if they want rdf or not.
Coz I’m pretty sure that Blizz hasn’t released said poll because they’re worried they sh!t the bed with the rdf and the poll will only show it.

Can u guys at least take the time to come up with an original argument?
People ruin the community. Not a tool meant to make running content more convenient for people who don’t have time to sit in LFG spamming “lf inv.”

How exactly is there “interaction” between people being minmaxing elitists and people psting “dps/tank/healer avail, inv plz?” There is almost none.
If people want to be social, they’ll be social regardless of if a group was formed from rdf or lfg.

Wanting something made easier and more accessible for people who do not have time to sit in LFG or want to be able to quickly return to their questing area once the dungeon is finished because they want to try and catch up with the rest of their guild for endgame content is not “wanting everything spoonfed to them.”

People are trolling the LFG channel now. It’s being used for guild advertisements. Half the people who are listed in the tool don’t even respond when u pst them for an invite.

There isn’t now, and there wasn’t in vanilla or tbc.
This is not rdf’s fault. Currently, u also partly punish ur own group by kicking someone because u now have to go back to lfg and sit and wait for someone to fill in (which would take longer since people are usually less inclined to join a dungeon that’s partway done already).
U want to blame something for that? Blame Blizz for not having a report option for it.

If u guys want classic so much, then go to the classic servers. They were left up for a reason. Stop dragging the rest of the community down with these farcical excuses for why rdf shouldn’t be in the game.

5 Likes

Made up and made up. You guys really need to provide better arguments.

RDF is not in game, because a lot of people Blizz may have interacted with don’t want it.

You want that to change, but use words like “most people I know”… That’s not an argument, it’s not a point. It’s you saying what you want, then trying to multiply it’s effectiveness by backing it up with your own personal census.

Not coming back here, you guys can keep burying your hope of RDF and I’m all the more happy for it.

Made up.

Blizz didn’t interact or ask any players about it. They simply removed it.

And the only people happy about its removal are trolls and elitist gatekeepers.

13 Likes

So, I’m one of those cynics who doesn’t believe that people do police bad behavior on their server. At least not enough to make a difference. Seeing as how you have a different take, what would you think if Blizzard added a feature that could help report bad behavior from cross-server group members? What would you like to see?

2 Likes

Me saying RDF isn’t in game isn’t made up, it’s fact. I went on to give a guess as to why, cause I can’t be bothered to really dig on that part, I don’t care.

But to then respond “they simply removed it” …

Yes I’m sure a big company just decided to remove game functionality on a whim…

If you think its about forcing people to play slow you are wrong.

This is an mmorpg. People should be interacting with the world and other players, not sitting in a queue based system to not have to interect with the world and not have to interact with other players to form bonds that help you do grouo content.

If you want world of queuecraft you can go to retail for that. You can go to FFO for that, ESO, exc.

You have dozens of options. Those who want an mmorpg that plays like an actual mmorpg however do not have nearly as many options.

Everyone I knew would go out into the world to quest or farm while in the rdf queue. Dps had about a 30 to 40 minute wait in the queue. Why would anyone sit in a city and do nothing for 40 minutes. Even if dungeon xp is greater than questing xp questing xp is better than doing nothing. And while questing you get mats for leveling professions or to sell and greens and many a blue to use or sell. Perhaps there are a few who hate questing so much they’d rather do nothing but the vast majority of players will go quest or farm while in the rdf queue

It when you have to spam the lfg channel to get a group or stare at it to make sure you didn’t miss someone else spamming for a dungeon you want that people stop interacting with the world and sit in the city doing nothing.

If you and your friends sat in the city doing nothing that a you problem. The rest of us were in the world questing or farming while we waited in the rdf queue

6 Likes

good news! wotlk is there for us too. kkthnxbye

I like how you say the “Vocal Minority” is the crowd in favor of RDF but I never see any Anti RDF people with hearts on their posts and you are very far and few between. Are.you not reading these comments? 90% of them are in favor of RDF.

This is seriously ridiculous, RDF was already in WotLK and we are being gate keeped by Classic Andy’s like you.

10 Likes

Blizzard is hiding under a rock on this RDF subject. Thread after thread. Silence.

Blizzard knows they are wrong to remove RDF.

10 Likes

“I tried to make dinner in the oven the other day but WOW I can’t believe people actually sit here and stare at it for hours!!1”

1 Like

weeks ago they told you it wasnt coming, and that they wanted you to know it wasnt coming so you could plan on it not coming.

Seems pretty clear here they told you to plan accordingly, and they view the topic as settled.

1 Like

The lack of RDF is an improvement. Lots of confidence in Blizz since they are not adding it. Cata wasn’t interesting for reasons beyond RDF.

2 Likes

I’m not sure you actually read my post.

How do you figure?

Anyone who has played WoW long enough knows Blizzard has flipped on these controversial topics more often than they have not. It just takes them forever to do it but eventually they do. Just look at:

Covenant swapping
Conduit Power
Renown
Torghast
Tier Sets
Titanforging/Warforging
Account wide Essences
Corruption vendor
Tradable Azerite gear
Azerite respec cost
Azerite vendor

Just to name a few things from the latest 2 expansions where these topics were originally “settled” then changed later on.

5 Likes

Considering everyone who quit playing left around Firelands because it was too hard for most guilds and then following that up with dragonsoul and LFR i would say these were the two biggest factors.

Cataclysm was actually the best expansion of the game in my opinion and everyone who complains only seems to mention “the old world changed” which is just a few low level zones that don’t really matter at end game and the “talent trees” which are actually way more customizable versions of having talent trees than what we have in classic.

Going back to the topic… not having RDF is a terrible decision and undermines exactly why it was implemented in the first place. I guess Blizzard is just so out of touch they forgot their own reasons for doing things.

1 Like