[WotLK] Let's talk Dungeon Finder

1. How do you feel about Dungeon Finder not being added to WotLK Classic?

That is isn’t LK without it. Most of the arguments from purists regarding Classic was no concessions. Keep it the same. Well, LK had the dungeon finder and I think a lot of people were looking forward to it as an alterative to grinding.

1. What do you think are the positives of having Dungeon Finder?

Can’t really think of none for myself. I know that people with 6 hours to burn a day playing a game will be happy so I guess their happiness is something.

1. What do you think are the negatives of having Dungeon Finder?

More gate keeping, a lot of casuals once again being locked out of dungeons because many of us do not have an hour to form a group and watch it fall apart. The whole “keeping these expansions pure” thing is kind of out the window.
The social aspect will be improved but that will simply mean people spamming for groups. Most of the people that like the social aspect are already in guilds and do guild runs. I was playing TBC on the weekend for the first time and there was ZERO social aspect in about 15 hours. Spamming LFG in chat and saying “Hi” isn’t the kind of social aspect I think is worth preserving. Classic on launch was very social but that is out of necessity, not because most people want to do it. I started in cata and the dungeons had social aspects as they were difficult but that is because the dungeons were hard. Maybe that is the key. Force the social aspect in the dungeon, not force people to waste time waiting to even get into it.

1. Do you think an hybrid solution could be implemented, whether it be a partial Dungeon Finder or a different solution altogether, and what could that solution be, if you can think of any?

Have it like it has been shown, but once the group is built have a teleport button. I don’t mind manually joining groups, but when the group is ready you can just teleport instead of waiting at the entrance. Also prohibit any sort of gatekeeping and make any addon to circumvent it “cheating” under the tos.

1 Like

Think you might have switched up your repsonses here.

2 Likes

It does not bother me at all that it has been removed. I’d rather not have it at all and do not want to see any dungeon finder or raid finder elements ever enter the classic renditions of the games.

Some people who want quick access to dungeons will be happier. Overall I do not think there are many positives.

A radical and ultimately negative change to the way content is experienced along with a weakened sense of community and player presence in the world.

1. Do you think an hybrid solution could be implemented, whether it be a partial Dungeon Finder or a different solution altogether, and what could that solution be, if you can think of any?

All of this said, yes, I do think there is a compromise. The “LFG Bulletin Board” app is something that so many players use and I understand their complaints about not having Dungeon Finder since so many of us use an app to help with this anyway. I’d prefer to see an in game solution that replaces LFG Bulletin Board style apps.

As an exclusive classic player who is very invested in classic currently and whatever classic’s future may be, I feel this interface should include:

• Bring people together easily to accomplish group content (dungeons, raids, quests, world bosses, etc.)
  • Bring people together who want to trade and sell items, crafting services, etc.
  • Prevent the endless LFG chat spam as a viable alternative.

I feel the interface should NOT:

• Teleport people instantly to any location (dungeon, raid, or otherwise)
  • Bring people across servers to play with each other (consolidate servers and create incentives for healthy balance of server faction balance instead)

Side Note:

I think creating in game incentives for people to run dungeons together (especially tanks and healers) is just fine. Additional badges, gold etc, are all acceptable. Also, allowing an optional “scale down” mechanic that can be toggled by each player that allows them to run lower level dungeons with guildies and friends, coupled with other in game incentives, would be a powerful tool to combat boosting culture. For instance, I’d love to take my level 70 (scaled down) back into Mauradon, SFK, or BFD, help guildies who are leveling alts, and receive extra badges of justice, nethers, gems, etc. along the way.

That’s my .02. Be well.

1 Like

And with these words, I bring you back to the land of the living.

1 Like

WHY are you not implementing the single BEST feature to be added to the game! This should have been with WoW classic. Trying to find a group in the dumpster that is the LFG channel is a nightmare please implement this feature YESTERDAY!!!

7 Likes

this is garbage they need to keep the game as it was and stop pandering to idiots dungeon finder would be amazing

3 Likes
  1. I am opposed to its removal because it was a part of the original Wrath experience.
  2. All positives to DF are summed up in this monumental benefit: Choice
    When players are able to choose a path of progress that fits their schedule and style, etc., the game is well served and remains healthy.
  3. If Blizzard 1) clearly defines abuses of the Dungeon Finder (if any) and 2) consistently holds offending players accountable in significant ways, there will be no negatives to DF
  4. There are always other ways of doing a particular thing, but I don’t think Blizzard needs to invest in any where DF is concerned, provided it defines abuses and holds offenders accountable as I suggested above.
1 Like

I don’t mind if it is removed or it is there (non cross-realm). I would rather not see any LFR or RDF type systems in Classic at all.

Quick dungeons, also leveling experience from 15-58 would be faster (would lower population in the old world questing though). But not a lot of positives.

Weakened sense of community.
Lower population in the open world.
People who want to look in LFG or communicate elsewhere wouldn’t get much luck with everyone using the RDF, or a majority going for the fast, easy method.
If it was cross-realm, reputation in your community wouldn’t matter/no accountability.

Yeah some sort of hybrid thing could work. The ‘LFG Bulletin Board’ addon is used by most of the classic audience since Classic through TBC until now, today.
A better bulletin board, or mythic+ style group finder, maker. Maybe only have it show the character level, name, class. And let them select a role (tank, healer, dps). Anything better than the current one they are working on, it is just terrible.
As long as it doesn’t teleport people and work cross-realm.

1 Like

Clearly radio silence in the face of so much back lash is the “socializations” Brian, Blizzard, and the anti-RDF crowd are looking to Nurture and coddle going forward…

2 Likes

So we’ve seen the “new” system now. Seen that it doesn’t work. And had tonnes of community uproar.

Could you maybe continue your feedback with Blizzard? It seems to have been over a month since the last time anything happened in the community thread you linked.

If there is a new thread, could you update the post with that?

(I am referring to the OP and the community council thread)

Have it from the start. Those who don’t like it just don’t use it. Everyone wants it apart from a few.

2 Likes

Lol, nice presumption and silly suggestion.

I could be wrong here or strict preference but these servers are getting out of hand. Other than imbalance. They need to merge servers or do something smart. Traditionally, I would log in and people would always be posting LFG for heroics all the time(my bias just fyi). Now, its sometimes a lack their of for a lot of players that have to rely on their low used tool LFG in game. Using Bulletin Board works yeah in ways. Its just not Optimal. I wouldn’t mind if they brought it in as something to “unlock” once you get hit 80.

Blizzard ruined it you mean

1 Like

What if we just don’t have it.
Sounds ideal to me

1 Like

I honestly think that the original system implemented worked fine. The problem is that it wasn’t a optional choice and was just forced into Wrath Classic as a change for the ‘better’ of the grouping experience instead of a optional feature you can toggle on or off.

In their ability to gatekeep people and selll their services or HR loot.

Once RDF is in the game, the pool of people willing to cave to leader demands dries up. Thats why they’re afraid, they are the antisocial ones, who know that if people have a choice between unknown randoms or known jerks who think things like “blacklists” or “server reputations” are more important than QoL or ease of access, they’ll take their chances with randoms 99 times out of 100.

8 Likes

This. On an alt I needed dungeons badly, so I put up with tanks taking all the, “unwanted” loot. And they even reserved nethers, too.

Sure, fewer tanks may run dungeons if they can’t do this anymore, but I’d rather wait in line for a bit longer than deal with having to play with them.

6 Likes

Yeah, I’d rather heal a shaman tank through heroic dungeons than let a tank dictate they get all the loot in a dungeon and reserve everything.

I block tanks that do that crap. I don’t care if there’s a tank shortage.

6 Likes

Myself and many others who are currently DPS would tank RDF due to sheer convenience, but wont tank for manual groups because of the annoyance. So it might end up the same or might be better.

When my warrior is prot spec I rarely if ever get to play because finding a healer takes a while and dps keep dropping and it bores me to tears to have to cycle through them. So I either spec DPS or not use it.

1 Like