[WotLK] Let's talk Dungeon Finder

WHAT COMMUNITY?!?!

It’s called questing and queueing. However, the Devs you praise further down in your post are the ones selling level 70 boosts, which eradicates 1-70 levelling.

10 Likes

RFD is not for and never was for under-populated servers, and it never helped that problem. Blizzard has already shown a willingness to merge or delete low pop servers.

Creating group to get into content should not be the “pinnacle of achievement goals” in an MMO though.

1 Like

I’m on a off balanced server not under-populated I just want some other hordes to run dungeons with, it would have helped with that. (it’s not low pop so no free transfers, Ally side is full).

2 Likes

You’re providing valid criticism but I’m not sure RDF achieves independent adjudication. The vote kick option gives some power of justice to the players.

I think a lot of people would be fine with stripping the pure convenience features as long as they get their auto group formation. The number of people that satisfy your description is pretty small, at least a lot smaller than the number that are willing to click yes on an internet poll.

1 Like

It does, but that’s after the group is formed, and the vote kick for power levels is usually when a group of 3 or 4 already form then join the queue.

It is one of a couple reasons for wanting the RDF. Cross-realm grouping is wanted because some servers have such a low population for a given faction that finding a group ranges from very difficult to impossible.

Most of us on this side have repeatedly said we don’t care about the bonus rewards. Over and over and over again we’ve said “Fine get rid of them.” And yet you and the other two anti-LFDers keep bringing it up as if this is a hotly contested battleground issue. It’s not.

Cross-realm needs to be an option somehow and the teleport is such a non issue that I can scarcely believe it’s being argued over from either side. Given that it’s so pointless to have to fly I personally have no problem losing it, just to point out how much it doesn’t impact “socialization.”

I only want teleporting for low level pre-60 dungeons mostly. With how FP’s are and lacking a mount til 30ish travel sometimes takes longer then the dungeon itself. Badges can be replaced by a quest like we have now and extra exp is nice and all but people are gonna be 80 so fast anyway.

1 Like

I dunno man, it takes a lot of hours to get there for the average Joe. 5 hours a day of a video game is a lot for most people. At that rate it’d take weeks.

Even no-lifing it at 12+ hours per day takes a week or more of repetitive questing.

Joining queues for dungeons and battlegrounds would break up the monotony.

1 Like

Currently, Warriors can solo Utgarde Keep on the Beta. This generates massive amounts of experience. I imagine that most Warriors will follow this strategy to level incredibly quickly.

The other classes - I don’t know yet. I’m sure players are currently testing out the fastest methods. Granted, you can just group with a Warrior and take on Utgarde Keep as a duo.

I think the fastest clear so far is about 15 minutes and I’ve heard it’s roughly 750,000 xp per hour.

2 Likes

A few classes played by experienced players will definitely get there. I know of another method that will be slightly better than that, at least at level 71, but I’m unsure if it’s sustainable through to 80. It’ll be fun to try, though. A lot more fun than quest grinding to be honest. Hopefully I can hit max, then go back and do every quest to make a bit more gold.

But, the average player is not going to go that fast. I don’t know if that matters, since enough will power through to make max level groups and then raids fairly fast. So I agree with you there.

Let’s hope mage aoe farming is the only nerfed class. I know it’s due to boosting, but RIP mage solo shenanigans. I’m okay with it for mages, they’ve been ridiculous for a long time, but we have to stop with changes at some point or it’s not going to be Wrath Classic at all anymore. :confused:

Usually I would 100% agree with this. But, there are videos going into great detail of the spec, gear, and mitigation required to fulfill this easily. It also shows ‘cheap’ gear, as well as raiding gear. I don’t think there will be a separation between players this time around.

1 Like

Yeah, we’ll see how it goes. I know warriors with revenge spam can do it with cheap Northrend quest green rewards and the like. I don’t know if other classes can. Maybe BM hunters? I know they are really bad at scaling, but leveling they are less gear dependent. Prot paladins might be able to as well? I think even the solo bear tank runs need Sunwell gear to do it properly.

I’ll have to look up other classes that can pull off these things without end-game TBCC gear going into Northrend.

The YouTuber I was watching earlier today did it with the Warrior Dungeon 3 set. Only obstacle is making sure you pass 100% avoidance. It was actually quite impressive to see.

I’m very curious about this one. Only time will tell!

Yeah but here is a question More people are going to come in to wrath right are you really so naive that you think That other romes won’t get overpopulated and more people will just move to the Mega servers again.

And that’s before we talk about fresh realms How many people are actually going to stick with it or how many people are just gonna try it and then leave.

Yes granted this is all here say there’s no Proof that this will one million percent happen true however if histories anything to go by.

There’s a very high chance that we’re going to end up with dead servers again.

I’m confused which side this rambling mess is advocating for.

1 Like

And then all their alts will get cold weather flying at 68, so its still not a valid argument.

Thank God Blizz made the decision to not implement the RDF. Weird that some people continue to debate the topic on the merits when the expansion is now imminent and Blizz made the call.

To many comments to read but this seems like the most standard response to no LFD advocates…

I honestly don’t get it, how in sweet baby Jesus does this actually affect people??

Players ultimately have a choice in how they play this game, you will either use it or you won’t, guilds will still exist to run dungeons with, friends will still be around to group with, LFD isn’t a giant tumble weed rolling around Azeroth sucking up all social aspects of the game, it’s a players choice to be anti social…

All the nay sayers will be the first to complain when the expansion dry’s out 6 months after launch as they sit in LFG spamming for a tank for 3hrs while blaming blizz for the lack of realm population…

I’m still waiting for someone to come up with a real reason to not add it, sick of hearing people cry that is ruins the social aspect of the game…

11 Likes