[WotLK] Let's talk Dungeon Finder

Well I mean 1st it depends on the class I would make an argument that a palatin and heck any tank is way easier to play in wrath And more fun for that matter as well then tbc.

But yes overall I would agree with you because most classes are one button rotations especially if we’re talking about a hunter or a warlock yeah I’m not disagreeing with that at all which is why I find it hilarious when people when people say that you learn your class so well and that’s why people should have to level.

This is very true I agree

At an entry level classes in Wrath are a lot harder. But I found that the little things that could set you apart from the average player of your class/spec and being much better individually were fewer in number and smaller in magnitude in Wrath than in TBC.

It was really the start of homogenization and making classes feel good to play at an entry level (which on its own isn’t a bad thing) but really started narrowing down strengths and weaknesses and flexibility. The state of retail where the spellbook is largely barren, you can’t really go wrong, and having an answer to everything is an end-state example of that.

Blizzard is already losing players in Classic and retail. Purposely alienating players, especially with removing a tried and true system, is a very bad idea and it is backfiring and will get worse.

Blizzard’s continued loss of subs over the years on what used to be the most profitable MMO is, well, their fault.

2 Likes

You mean like having a good raid composition, getting support from your rl, and using consumables, flasks and potions?

Kind of a low bar

The point I’m trying to make before anything else happens blizzard needs to address the gold mine or the gold in general because wrath is already doomed from the start if something isn’t done.

Because you know what that’s kind of a problem with retail it’s the fact that the game is built around the hardcore player and what worries me is the direction that they’re going it’s the stat same direction.

And it’s Frustrating when people are trying to argue the social aspect is still there when 90% of groups that I go in is literally Hi May I need for off If and for me it’s wait till the continent create hits.

That’s the extent of social interaction I’ll get and for pugrades at this point it’s even worse if I even get a response.

And you’re here… Because??

Nope. That doesn’t make you excell.

I wanted to play vanilla/TBC/Wrath again. Their continued sabotage is making me question that last one.

1 Like

Enlighten me then. What sets you apart?

Obviously you aren’t the target audience. Like I said other games have the instant gratification for you.

Looking into the various resources for all the nuances for my spec that I can improve on? For Enhancement, there’s quite a bit in TBCC. There’s still some things in Wrath, but it’s mostly on how quickly you can use your capped Maelstrom stacks.

Why is this now an inquiry into me?

Like what? :slight_smile:

You’re not the one that gets to dictate who the target audience is. Classic was made for the players that wanted to play the old content through as it was. The people who wanted to have sweeping changes weren’t catered to, originally. For some reason Blizzard has decided to start catering to them, and this is exactly what was warned about years ago when Classic was first announced and the pro-change players came out of the woodwork.

It’s not about instant gratification. It’s about playing the game as it was.

Maybe you can spend some time looking into it.

1 Like

Oh of course not. I didn’t make the blue posts. They did.

“Do your own research ok!!!”

Never a good arguement.

Outside of hunter clipping autos and previously in vanilla rogue energy management, classes are easy. You show up, drop totems and don’t go oom, it’s not that hard.we both have oranges and high ranks, we both know.

They brought back what we believed would be the good version that was gaining subs, but they’ve been working hard to undermine that now too.

3 Likes

Yes, they’ve, “heard from the Classic community”. And the Classic community right now is demonstrably not happy with the change.

Telling me to explain all the things that make Enhancement more complex than it looks at face value because you want me to prove to you that Wrath is easier to play is a terrible way to try and shift goalposts.

If all I did was show up, drop totems and not go OOM, I’d green or maybe blue parse. There’s a lot of things that I can do to push my parse higher and a lot of things that I can mess up that can cause problems.

One of those things I’m looking forward to going away in Wrath is no staggering autos, and likely no synching swings either.

1 Like

Nah we are happy with it. You’re not.

You speak for the entire Classic community?

1 Like

Obviously if a blue posted they heard from us :heart::heart::heart: