[WotLK] Let's talk Dungeon Finder

Yup and I think that’s more on the low end I could see people asking for 4K gear score For heroics.

And get ready for link achievements because that’s going to be everywhere too Except it’s not gonna be at the end of it it’s going to be at the beginning and with gdkps.

It’s going to be so toxic not even funny

1 Like

Nahw, anyone who made any groups in tbcc knows that gear and achieves mean nothing, logs reign supreme. I’d rather take a t5 purple parser with no t6 logs to bt than a green glaives or dogstaffer.

green glaives exists btw idk how, I’m pretty sure a rogue with glaives could auto and get a 60% so idk how they do it

Yeah except you’re missing something extremely Just because you make your own group doesn’t mean that people are going to want to join you especially if you are playing a class that’s not optimal.

If you’re not a tank or a healer You don’t have Is any leverage for people to wanna join your groups especially for especially for early gearing.

Like if you’re a rogue for example yeah you do really good single target damage but in heroics it doesn’t matter I mean it may matter now it’s going to depend but still.

You don’t have any AOE it’s only single target damage so why would I join your group Over somebody That already has a mage If that’s the issue that no lfd brings.

Like it or not the a very big portion of the player base is very mid maxi and the problem with that Outside of certain groups obviously your luck with people is probably been different than mine but speaking from someone as a paladin tank.

That tanks heroics Extremely often I can tell you people have no patience whatsoever do you really think that’s going to get better with wrath where people have more survivability more damage more AOE and less reliance on manna.

I hate to be one to tell you bro but that aint how that’s gonna work it’s going to be 3 times worse than the original because we know how to play the game so much better.

Don’t catch yourself it’s going to be so much more toxic than it was in the past and that’s what you’re not seen.

My claim is that the entire premise of using “amount of posts” for proof is a poor one altogether. I never said that the amount of posts of anything was proof that pro-removal was in the majority. This applies in either direction, and does not require me to acknowledge any sort of binary contrast of anything. The whole thing is a flawed data set, for or against.

But why would somebody take all that time to go look at your logs when they can just mouse over you with an add on to make that determination.

Because goodness knows people are not patient enough to even say Hi or hello they want a simple method to simple method say whether I want you or I don’t.

If so why would they take the time to go to a secondary site just to look up your logs for something simple like a heroic.

I’ve played all 3 in tbcc, what you’re saying sounds reasonable… But it’s not, people are always looking for the person willing to put together the group and log check everyone. Less so for 5 man’s but deffff for pug raids

Because Ilvl indicates less than nothing. Even more so in wrath, that’s why they tried to widen the Ilvl gap, because classes take more than 1 button lol

OK when I see most pugs For Kara at this Point requiring tear 6 As an average if it’s not A GDKP.

Yeah mind you this is for the lowest level of content and I think that when it was relevant but I burnt out around ssc and came back.

If my point is people don’t wanna have this social interaction that you guys are trying to defend with no lfd People care way more about parses and higher scores more than anything else I don’t like it but I’m not blind to it.

Item level definitely means something, moreso in Wrath than in previous expansions. That’s when gear score became a thing, and players often replaced their entire character pane of gear per tier - there were some exceptions, but it was the first time that happened.

You are still looking at it as tbc class and content design.

Thats not how it works.

Every class has decent aoe in wotlk. Heck feral druids have some of the best burst aoe in the game. Rogues arent bad either at aoe.

You are equating tbc grouping with wotlk grouping. You are forgetting that every class will have decent aoe, single target, exc.

This is rediculous. I’ve geared up numerous characters since t6s launch, I feel you might be way overdramatizing this.

That’s the game tho. People don’t wanna play the game then. So unsubscribe.

How do you figure that I mean you’re going to have a replacement for replacement for every single slot every single tier unlike tbc waer dst Is is best and slide or if not best in slots 2nd best in slot for most classes even at the end of the game.

It takes more time for you to look at somebody’s logs and then figure out if they’re good enough then mouse over somebody and look at item.

Again it is going to depend on actually what they end up doing with dungeons so there is a little bit of unknown there But I can’t imagine they’re gonna make them as hard as tbc heroics.

Because we saw how that worked out in tbc If when 5 men are harder than the 1st rate of the tear there’s an issue.

No no I very much am looking at Ralph class design design a rogue has fan of knives a feral Druid not But comparison A Boomy An elemental shaman with chain lightning Or hack even a palliden with divine storm.

Everybody gets some aiwie but they’re definitely our classes that do it way better than other Again this is going to depend on what they do with dungeon so there is a little bit of unknown there.

However it doesn’t change the fact it’s still very likely going to be a meta the same way it was in tbc Even now at the end of the game if you’re a rogue Or a Warrior yeah good luck getting into anything heroic.

I’m saying classes are much easier to play in tbcc than in wrath. That’s why they widened the gap in tier Ilvl. If itemization in wrath was similar to tbc you’d have ppl in high skill classes and t7 gear topping meters in ICC on skill alone lol

I mean, people have. And are. And will.

That’s not a very good thing to say when Blizzard is intentionally pushing their playerbase away… again.

1 Like

This was definitely not my experience in Wrath the first time. The changes to classes made them far more playable, in my opinion. Ret Pally having actual abilities instead of auto-swing being their ‘gameplay’ for example.

OK as a protection palatin I have phase one best I am rocking 668 spell power 73.2 mitigation Without holy shield active There is literally one piece of gear I can get from from badges and that’s the Cape.

Before even talking to me Most people look at my gear and say yeah you’re not good enough to be a tank in kera or za.

Now granted I’m on pagle Maybe it’s different are your guys a server but I’m just telling you how things are going on mine but that’s how people are.

Either that or it’s A gdkps Everywhere This is one of the Reasons I say they should put in the wow token or get rid of them or have if them or heck increase the amount of gold everyone gets.

Because at this point I would rather see gold be worthless than what it is now which is it literally controls every aspect of the game And it’s going to be even worse and wrath mark my words 1st year of rating we’re going to see stuff go for a million to 2 million for certain items in naxx.

Seems like it’s not quite their playerbase. FFXIV is a good alternative if u don’t wanna wait for dragonflight. Unfortunately rdf in SL isn’t for mythics so ur out on that one :woman_shrugging: