[WotLK] Let's talk Dungeon Finder

He isn’t!!! He posted it in response to someone who said vanilla players wanted LFD. People need to read the context.

1 Like

I can’t believe that man posted these polls for WotLK

to be fair the Dungeon finder DID come in Wrath during the ICC patch…

the simplest answer and to stop the nonsense of the forums crying on both sides would be to put out random questionnaire via email for bnet players anything else is just clumps of people with a bias one way or the other.

I don’t think it’s about what players want. I think it’s about what blizzard wants. They have a habit of going against popular opinion the last couple of years.

2 Likes

As I stated before, I’m not sure a simple majority is really the deciding factor here. It’s a design decision that they knew would be contentious, but they have a plan that they want to execute to see the results and they’ll probably see it through.

I don’t predict that the lack of RDF will be a big thorn in WOTLK-C’s side either.

This.

However it’s also what I want so that’s a plus.

2 Likes

Zipzo trolling the community council now LOL. This is exactly why i watch the forums :popcorn:

You omit a huge, highly anticipated, useful feature of the original expansion for dubious reasons (and no matter how you slice it ‘spirit of the community’ is vague at best) and I don’t know how you can expect anything but a whole lot of pissed off people.

Personally I have made alot of posts on this issue and tried to keep calm and civil but…I’m very angry about it…and sometimes slipped into some ‘hateful garbage’. I’m neither proud of that nor particularly regretful either. Bait and switch (and thats what this is) has historically pissed people off and this is no different, so if the forums have been filled with ‘hateful garbage’…oh well…like you said…

Edit: “your demands”…LOL…yeah the nerve of wanting a feature in the original xpac

1 Like

How would it be a big issue if you dont even see the tool till mostly through the expansion where most dungeons are not even needed anymore.

The tool did get added to address an issue specific to Wrath’s design. The need for LOTS of Heroics, especially when you alt.

I absolutely see not adding this into Vanilla, the game isn’t designed to need it. But Wrath added it to address an issue.

Having played a Wrath PServer during their RDF Removal and After, I can safely say Wrath with Sweaties and no Dungeon Finder is literal garbage.

It’s just people standing outside the daily heroic of the day, and people standing outside of Gundrak.
You will never run Oculus/CoT/Nexus/OldKingdom/UtgardeKeep/UtgardePinnacle

It creates the worst timeline. The server I was on added it due to how bad it ended up being with modern sweaties.

1 Like

“What if” isn’t an argument and adds nothing. You’re trolling.

Jon, i like you, but the reality is you arent going convince blizzard to revert the LFD removal without making a convincing presentation to their finance department, clearly showing that profits are projected to increase with the addition of LFD. Until you can prove that definitively, they arent going to budge.

Get it out of your head that this has anything to do with “what the community wants”. That is completely irrelevant and you’re being played like a fiddle.

6 Likes

I can say maybe wrath isn’t for you then. Bc that’s how it was for 3/4 full content phases and I enjoyed it immensely

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

it doesnt change that it was added during the ICC patch. The question is adding Dungeon finder back in. which to me is like adding a raid for a phase where it would be added during icc patch. So not only do you want them to go back on saying they believe it isnt part of the “classic experience” but you also want content moved around for convenience that wasnt around during the start of wrath either?

That doesn’t change what this forum thread is about. Under this pretense, none of us should even be responding to the thread.

Sadly, I don’t think people will start quitting en-masse til p3 of WOTLK. Once subs drop, they’ll probably implement it to try and recoup players. By then it’ll be over half the expansion without such a useful tool.

That’s not what is said, but don’t stop me from letting you warp words.

You do understand the badges come from a specific quest that tells you the heroic u have to do right? You will do those dungeons or you will not get the quest badges. Rdf is what introduced the " first heroic you do" thing

LFD isn’t content, it’s just a tool to get to the content. And nothing about is ICC specific, hence why it works on all dungeons.