[WotLK] Let's talk Dungeon Finder

You’re right. That will never change, it was added in the ICC patch. That doesn’t mean we can’t learn from servers that are VERY much like our community, but like, 4 years ago. Lorderon was the “Hardcore server”. They were lots on NA/EU, unlike their other servers. They experience this already, learned the lesson already, and we’re going through this cycle again.

I can guarentee you this will be added in, and likely way before the ICC patch when people learn that Sweaties only do the fastest Heroics, it creates a horribly boring meta that we don’t need to be championing for when we have a better alternative.

it was released in 3.3.0 icc patch

wasnt one of the key points was the play the game as it was back then…if you want wow with all the convenient changes there is a game for that…and you can play it now.

They can add it in with the patch it came with as that would be accurate to the experience with all its unbalance/group finding trouble that comes with it.

If 80% of the player base want an alternate means from a “sweaty group” why not just make a party? There will be plenty of you by your own math

as it was back then

We moved past this when we learned World Buffs are garbage. The PServer community told us, we didn’t listen. It made Classic a lot worse. We don’t need to purposely make mistakes that PServers have made already and learned from.

This is the way.

Exactly. I actually find it insulting that blizzard assinged this sham “representative” to distract you guys into thinking they give actually care about what you think. The fact that 2000+ people ate this up is honestly sad for humanity in general.

Corporations are going to Corporation. This is as much PR as the companies that put rainbow flags on their social media to try to trick consumers into believing they give a damn about LGBTQ rights.

They want your money. And providing you this sham representative to talk to is about as good as giving you an A.I. chatbot. But if it gets you guys to keep subbing, they’ll do it.

Explain guild banks and mounts at level 30.

And? We’re going to be getting quite a lot of 3.3 things at launch, just not the actual content. Which LFD is not.

world buffs was part of the game. You can only blame the playerbase for bringing that into the game. We wanted the bads with the goods with classic as to play it like a museum piece. Not to have “can we change this for balancing?” “can we add this as it makes it easier for some of us?”. The point was to experience a similar to what it was like back when it was originally out. You take the good parts you should also take the bad parts.

We haven’t been “No Changes” since post-Classic Vanilla. We aren’t “No Changes” anymore.

Things exactly as they were isn’t perfect. And we shouldn’t purposely strive for making it worse.

1 Like

Classic was 15 years ago and if they hadn’t fubar’d retail so bad none of us would be here arguing about what we want. It won’t be the same because it can’t be. I just want to play the stupid game without waiting around. RDF minimized that.

6 Likes

exactly so we should keep it as close to how it was back then…instead of bowing to a section of players.

1 Like

which includes adding, at some point, RDF.

2 Likes

ya thats fine it was added with ICC patch which I said im 100% ok with at the start with me original reply.

there’s over 2K replies, I missed your post saying that.

no problem on that i get that alot of the stories are lost in post length lol.

tldr:
ya add RDF as it was in wrath.
Add it where it was added in wrath as to allow the same sort of flow.
my understanding of “classic” was an experience of old non balanced version of game. you take the good with the bads. even if the bads are how players beat known systems for an advantage.

Blizzard never said it was, either. It’s a design decision where they are trying top reserve something that RDF demonstrably impacts.

So you’re totally right about this part, but where we disagree is in the actual reasoning behind it, which is to say, I doubt pretty certainly that there’s some in-the-shadows dark financial motivator to get people to buy microtransactions. That’s just tinfoil-hat nonsense.

2 Likes

I would say blizz should throw out a poll to see where people stand in regard to the dungeon finder tool, they can put it on the launcher to let people know about it. That way it is not on any sort of 3rd party site or anything else. In regard to people saying it killed the community i see other issue’s that have killed it off also not just 1 tool that they added in, classic has to few of a population to allow good low lvl dungeons to be ran so it is causing a lot of people to either not look for them at all or look inside of their guild’s.

Blizzard already knows that the overwhelming majority want RDF. They don’t care who wants it. Its an arrogant choice to remove it from the game for inadequate reasons and they chose to gaslight the community instead.

1 Like