[WotLK] Let's talk Dungeon Finder

I’m not ignoring you there’s just nothing I can say because it’s fictional and you seem adamant about this fairy tale to the point of weirdness. You won’t even take the handful of minutes necessary to bother proving it (if it actually did exist) because you either know it doesn’t exist, or you’re just that lazy in your accusations.

I don’t even really know, but I’d venture to say I couldn’t really care less.

Oh no no no… I would never say Anti’s don’t exist. I just don’t think most of your opinions matter because it’s all trolly and weird.

Big Difference.

what?

not sure what the point was at all…your on the forums but your moving on? other than just arguing for the sake of arguing I dont see any subsistence. go ahead and play whatever pserver you want your 1 number wont be noticed.

Yeah I don’t want to minimize or fog the results of a 28k poll, especially. Even if people have a goodfaith believe it is biased, that is still ~17k people who want LFD in Wrath Classic. That’s a lot of votes.

1 Like

Frankly I wouldn’t be surprised at this point if Blizzard refused to reasess their removal of RDF out of spite to all the hateful garbage that people who want RDF are spilling all over these threads…

I know I wouldn’t exactly be feeling like meeting some of your demands the way you all come off…

Absolutely. And Blizz could always run their own poll.

By the way, I obviously wasn’t referring to you. Just our resident troll who’s here trying to push peoples’ buttons.

And here you are fueling the garbage heap fire with your own special brand of nonsense. Don’t even act like you aren’t part of that problem friendo.

You reap what you sow.

Unless you’re telling me you’ve been a good little boy, totally not out of line at all this entire time.

This Survey I dug up really does shed some light on the way the playerbase felt on the topic.

This is exactly it, I’ve done nothing in 2 days in this cesspool but try to answer and voice what I think would be acceptable compromises and I’ve been screamed at dismissed and gaslit.

This is y’all’s problem, my needs are already being met, act like you want a solution.

1 Like

My willingness to find a compromise or to care has dwindled by existing here for a mere 48 hours, 17k people can get wr3cked for all I care lawl

Well… Bye.

Would argue that such a poll is a bit biased. Before Blizzard announced they were removing Dungeon Finder I posted a lot more anti-Dungeon Finder posts. After announcing they’re removing it I haven’t come on to the forums much to continue my support of this decision, nor have I once considered seeking out a poll to vote on regarding the Dungeon Finder decision. People with an axe to grind have a lot more motivation to shout from the rooftops. Probably not thoroughly vetting that these are votes from people that play wow classic either. Trust me when I say there are lots of people out there that have strong opinions on this game that don’t even play it.

2 Likes

Maybe this is goodbye forever :pleading_face: I get the feeling wou won’t be doing anything meaningful in classic wrath rdf notwithstanding :heart: my logs are on Whitemane btw if u want another hit of jealousy,

ps under bt I have a rank 1 on illidan :slight_smile:

Cool. Bye.

That’s fantastic. Bye bye now.

Is the poll ip locked to a single vote?

My opinion for LFD was very negative as late as mid TBC classic. Recently though I’ve come to realize that LFD would be good for the game. Literally 3/4 of the messages in chat are GDKPs. I have nothing against them really but the fact its just gold farmer spam half the time instead of actual players making the GDKPs is super frustrating.

I have 3 70s so don’t necessarily want to level another one but I do have a couple alts in the 20-60 range that I wouldn’t mind running some dungeons on to burn rest when its capped out LFD would facilitate this. I don’t really want to run with the same people even. Just hop in. Pump some damage/healing/whatever move on.

The number of people I’ve added to my friends list after meeting in a 5man that I then spoke with again are in the single digits. On larger servers I also RARELY group with the same people more than once in a 5 man, so it destroying the CoMmuNiTy isn’t really a valid reason to exclude LFD either.

So yeah I’m kinda bummed with the lack of LFD.

6 Likes

It’s interesting.

Nothing about my experience in Classic has at all changed how I feel about the feature since it was implemented back in original WOTLK. I see the same chatbox. I have the same day-to-day dungeon forming experience. I just arrived to 2022 with a completely different idea of what would be good for the game.

Personally I really liked LFD as it existed in Wrath originally, and I suspect I will play less without one, at least after the initial rush where everyone is running everything all the time.

Maybe it’s the pov of an introvert, but I don’t enjoy spamming LFG, and I hesitate just long enough in responding that I usually miss out even when there was a slot I wanted. Dungeons are arguably my favorite part of the game, but without LFD I do very few.

I’m also a west coast player on a server that is technically west coast, but where the majority of the player isn’t, so a fair amount of my play time when I’d be available for groups is when my server is (ironically) less populated.

The challenge with LFD I think is two-fold - 1) is community (e.g. the question of whether cross-realm LFD) though honestly I think the current community isn’t ideal anyway and has many problems as is, though I think the bigger issue as always is how to incentive healers somewhat but particularly tanks to pug content. That’s a problem that exists now, and LFD in theory has attempted to solve in the past by tweaking the reward structures.

I do however, see an argument for not having it available at launch (considering lots of people will be spamming dungeons to level in any case) but adding it in say, phase 2. Will there be headaches with it in the game (kicking, AFKers, etc.)? Sure.

1 Like

You cant use these polls for WotLK. I would definitely answered no to RDF for both Vanilla and TBC because that is how it WAS. Just as I am ok with RDF in WotLK because it WAS in WotLK.

However, the reason i think it is needed in classic more-so now is to help off-set some of the MASSIVE problems that blizzard has created that are more crippling to the social experience than RDF due to server mismanagement.

This is why i am heavily in favour of a phased rollout that helps providing cross realm population support for content as it moves out of “current content”. I feel that the place you should be focusing on the social experience is the relevant dungeons and raids for the phase you are playing. Older content should be supported tgrough RDF

Struggling to find groups for Occulus or Culling of stratholme is not fun or easy when 70% of the playerbase has BOTH their main and alts in TotGC gear or better.

1 Like