[WotLK] Let's talk Dungeon Finder

I don’t even think a dungeon finder would have worked in BC. The tokens stayed the same and you still had to get attuned.

Vanilla, BC, and Wrath are three entirely different animals.

Here we go, Boss Troll has arrived. It’s not differing opinion. You anti-RDF people literally attack anyone who wants it and act like animals, yet can’t give ANY valid reason for it to be COMPLETELY REMOVED. (Since ya’ll can’t understand we don’t want, need it in at launch, but at some point like it was originally) Anyone can have an opinion, but the fact you anti- RDF people can’t debate is due to not having any literal, valid reason for not wanting it. Just typical cry babies that get what they want from blizz. No better than a damn democrat IMO.

5 Likes

Wrath was succeeding before RDF, and it was succeeding after RDF. Conclusion: WOTLK-C will be fine without RDF.

1 Like

Alright purist, go back to classic era then. Ya’ll got classic and an expac, let the people who actually want wrath ( and yeah, RDF was part of it, no matter when it came into it) get wrath. We grew up, we got jobs. They added RDF then for QoL, and it’s even more of a QoL feature now that we grew tf up and cant play all day, every day.

1 Like

Why?

Why don’t you let the people who are looking forward to a Wrath without RDF get Wrath without RDF?

True facts.

I not only grew up and got a job but I have 2 additional humans in my home, one of them smaller and looks like me, the other I consider to be a life-companion that deserves a lot of my expendable free time…

…and I still don’t want RDF back. Good riddance.

1 Like

If you utilize the ignore function, the only time you’ll even remember the trolls exist is when other people are being baited into responding to them.

If everyone ignores the trolls, they have no fuel. They go away.

3 Likes

Argument is completely invalid given the fact this is “wrath classic” yet change remove major features. So it’s essentially a different game now. Literally. I can go play a damn pserver for free and have what blizzard cant do. P servers have been popular for over a decade with that feature, why? because it works.

Awwww. How cute. Soooooo happy for you.

Background:
I have a raiding main on Mankrik I play a two days a week. Most of the rest of the time I do pug content and 10m raid stuff on Bloodsail Buccaneers, one of the smallest active horde populations, but an example of one of the best communities classic has to offer. My current guild on Bloodsail is comprised of people I met while running dungeons leveling alts.

When it was announced that Dungeon Finder was not going to be in Wrath I was shocked, but also very happy.

Convenience only.

It is a community killer.

The convenience of doing something by yourself whenever you want drives down the social factor of meeting people and making friends to do group content. Makes an MMO one step closer to a single player game.

Tacking daily rewards onto the random dungeons was also a mistake. Instead of people wanting to do this content for the sake of doing the content, or for fun, they’re now just running through it to get their daily reward as fast as possible.

Dungeon Finder queue takes away a lot of control over what roles/support you want to bring. A new tank might be looking for CC. A DPS might want to tailor a group around not competing for an item. I don’t know how Dungeon Finder interacts with ignore lists, but that would be a concern as well.

Cross realm groups are also problematic. Behavior definitely changes when there are no consequences for your actions. In a real community jerks tend not to get invited back to things. When its someone not on your realm you don’t have much recourse when they waste your time by ninjaing an item or ditching after the boss they wanted to kill didn’t drop their thing.

Realm only Dungeon Finder is probably the only partial solution that would work. It would help folks on mega servers with trying to navigate the boost spam of LFG and they won’t need the fastest “inv” reply to land a group. Doesn’t do much for small pop realms, but they’ve got communities to rely on for content.

2 Likes

In my house we are not allowed to talk about RDF at the dinner table.

2 Likes

Correct. Some in the thread are drawing conclusions from it not presented. :sweat_smile:

Actually, your argument is invalid because we’re already living in a #somechanges world right now. No Classic release has been perfectly #nochanges, so expecting it now is pretty unreasonable.

Yeah, I don’t think this is a question of whether Blizz “can or can’t” do it. They just don’t want to.

If you like p-servers go much, go play on them.

Haha, if I’m the “troll”, can you really say that this is been effective on me? I haven’t stopped posting…

Using out of context information is what this thread does!

2 Likes

It’s a poll regarding subsequent classic vanilla players voting on whether they want LFD, during an exchange where Ziryus directly stated the classic vanilla players in the “vast majority” wanted LFD.

It was directly in context, and a literal direct stomp to the claim Ziryus made.

I don’t know what your definition of “out of context” is, but this ain’t it, chief.

“some changes” not the removal of a major feature. Done feeding you.

Again, what I find absolutely hilarious is the guy who says 8 Wrath Dungeon Finder polls from various sites all that skew about 70-80% pro-lfd are meaningless, immediately turns around and points to a poll about Dungeon Finder in Vanilla as some kind of proof players are against dungeon finder.

Just more hypocritical nonsense.

1 Like

A change is a change is a change.

Addition, removal, whatever.

Sometimes removing something adds something else to the experience. In this case, the feature is merely a huge convenience that confers better rewards for doing nothing, so the only fallout is now having to engage with the lack of that convenience for the same reward.

Some see this as tedium and annoying.

Players like me, we appreciate that kind of thing in our “classic” games.

I don’t personally believe them to be meaningless. It does show that there are vocal activists out there who show up to share their thoughts about RDF. In fact, I wouldn’t even doubt the assertion that pro-RDF outnumbers the anti-RDF.

That’s not really what the debate is though.

The debate is about how Classic WOTLK will fare without RDF as it has been removed thus far.

I think it will fare just fine, there’s really no reason to worry so much.

1 Like

A lot is not defined. I wasnt trying to prove a point or make a fact based argument. It was just a statement based on knowledege that we all want different things.

Couldnt care less at this point. I got what i wanted. Pserver with lfd. Not interested in the new blizz version of wotlk. Im moving on. Which i do believe is what the goal is. Mission accomplished.

Just bring up that time he said he was anti-LFD because he enjoyed meeting people while out flying to dungeons. He’ll ignore you after that.

They’ll cling to anything, even a five year old poll based solely on vanilla wow.

Confirmation bias.

These people try to flame and abuse anti rdf people here so they can run them off and say “SEE THEY DONT EXIST”