[WotLK] Let's talk Dungeon Finder

Maybe this is goodbye forever :pleading_face: I get the feeling wou won’t be doing anything meaningful in classic wrath rdf notwithstanding :heart: my logs are on Whitemane btw if u want another hit of jealousy,

ps under bt I have a rank 1 on illidan :slight_smile:

Cool. Bye.

That’s fantastic. Bye bye now.

Is the poll ip locked to a single vote?

My opinion for LFD was very negative as late as mid TBC classic. Recently though I’ve come to realize that LFD would be good for the game. Literally 3/4 of the messages in chat are GDKPs. I have nothing against them really but the fact its just gold farmer spam half the time instead of actual players making the GDKPs is super frustrating.

I have 3 70s so don’t necessarily want to level another one but I do have a couple alts in the 20-60 range that I wouldn’t mind running some dungeons on to burn rest when its capped out LFD would facilitate this. I don’t really want to run with the same people even. Just hop in. Pump some damage/healing/whatever move on.

The number of people I’ve added to my friends list after meeting in a 5man that I then spoke with again are in the single digits. On larger servers I also RARELY group with the same people more than once in a 5 man, so it destroying the CoMmuNiTy isn’t really a valid reason to exclude LFD either.

So yeah I’m kinda bummed with the lack of LFD.

6 Likes

It’s interesting.

Nothing about my experience in Classic has at all changed how I feel about the feature since it was implemented back in original WOTLK. I see the same chatbox. I have the same day-to-day dungeon forming experience. I just arrived to 2022 with a completely different idea of what would be good for the game.

Personally I really liked LFD as it existed in Wrath originally, and I suspect I will play less without one, at least after the initial rush where everyone is running everything all the time.

Maybe it’s the pov of an introvert, but I don’t enjoy spamming LFG, and I hesitate just long enough in responding that I usually miss out even when there was a slot I wanted. Dungeons are arguably my favorite part of the game, but without LFD I do very few.

I’m also a west coast player on a server that is technically west coast, but where the majority of the player isn’t, so a fair amount of my play time when I’d be available for groups is when my server is (ironically) less populated.

The challenge with LFD I think is two-fold - 1) is community (e.g. the question of whether cross-realm LFD) though honestly I think the current community isn’t ideal anyway and has many problems as is, though I think the bigger issue as always is how to incentive healers somewhat but particularly tanks to pug content. That’s a problem that exists now, and LFD in theory has attempted to solve in the past by tweaking the reward structures.

I do however, see an argument for not having it available at launch (considering lots of people will be spamming dungeons to level in any case) but adding it in say, phase 2. Will there be headaches with it in the game (kicking, AFKers, etc.)? Sure.

1 Like

You cant use these polls for WotLK. I would definitely answered no to RDF for both Vanilla and TBC because that is how it WAS. Just as I am ok with RDF in WotLK because it WAS in WotLK.

However, the reason i think it is needed in classic more-so now is to help off-set some of the MASSIVE problems that blizzard has created that are more crippling to the social experience than RDF due to server mismanagement.

This is why i am heavily in favour of a phased rollout that helps providing cross realm population support for content as it moves out of “current content”. I feel that the place you should be focusing on the social experience is the relevant dungeons and raids for the phase you are playing. Older content should be supported tgrough RDF

Struggling to find groups for Occulus or Culling of stratholme is not fun or easy when 70% of the playerbase has BOTH their main and alts in TotGC gear or better.

1 Like

He isn’t!!! He posted it in response to someone who said vanilla players wanted LFD. People need to read the context.

1 Like

I can’t believe that man posted these polls for WotLK

to be fair the Dungeon finder DID come in Wrath during the ICC patch…

the simplest answer and to stop the nonsense of the forums crying on both sides would be to put out random questionnaire via email for bnet players anything else is just clumps of people with a bias one way or the other.

I don’t think it’s about what players want. I think it’s about what blizzard wants. They have a habit of going against popular opinion the last couple of years.

2 Likes

As I stated before, I’m not sure a simple majority is really the deciding factor here. It’s a design decision that they knew would be contentious, but they have a plan that they want to execute to see the results and they’ll probably see it through.

I don’t predict that the lack of RDF will be a big thorn in WOTLK-C’s side either.

This.

However it’s also what I want so that’s a plus.

2 Likes

Zipzo trolling the community council now LOL. This is exactly why i watch the forums :popcorn:

You omit a huge, highly anticipated, useful feature of the original expansion for dubious reasons (and no matter how you slice it ‘spirit of the community’ is vague at best) and I don’t know how you can expect anything but a whole lot of pissed off people.

Personally I have made alot of posts on this issue and tried to keep calm and civil but…I’m very angry about it…and sometimes slipped into some ‘hateful garbage’. I’m neither proud of that nor particularly regretful either. Bait and switch (and thats what this is) has historically pissed people off and this is no different, so if the forums have been filled with ‘hateful garbage’…oh well…like you said…

Edit: “your demands”…LOL…yeah the nerve of wanting a feature in the original xpac

1 Like

How would it be a big issue if you dont even see the tool till mostly through the expansion where most dungeons are not even needed anymore.

The tool did get added to address an issue specific to Wrath’s design. The need for LOTS of Heroics, especially when you alt.

I absolutely see not adding this into Vanilla, the game isn’t designed to need it. But Wrath added it to address an issue.

Having played a Wrath PServer during their RDF Removal and After, I can safely say Wrath with Sweaties and no Dungeon Finder is literal garbage.

It’s just people standing outside the daily heroic of the day, and people standing outside of Gundrak.
You will never run Oculus/CoT/Nexus/OldKingdom/UtgardeKeep/UtgardePinnacle

It creates the worst timeline. The server I was on added it due to how bad it ended up being with modern sweaties.

1 Like

“What if” isn’t an argument and adds nothing. You’re trolling.

Jon, i like you, but the reality is you arent going convince blizzard to revert the LFD removal without making a convincing presentation to their finance department, clearly showing that profits are projected to increase with the addition of LFD. Until you can prove that definitively, they arent going to budge.

Get it out of your head that this has anything to do with “what the community wants”. That is completely irrelevant and you’re being played like a fiddle.

6 Likes

I can say maybe wrath isn’t for you then. Bc that’s how it was for 3/4 full content phases and I enjoyed it immensely