WOTLK doesn't need RDF

After weeks of the same talking points I don’t think pro or anti is going to give ground and agree on anything.

Does anyone think that the current spam to find others in the text scroll is really the best option though? There has to be a better way than the current method of out-spamming other groups.

Honestly with all the griping I see about “It was in the 3.3.5 patch and that’s what were getting so it should be there”. Y’all remember the guild bank? that was in the last patch of TBC but in TBCC we didn’t get it till Phase 2 and they didn’t want to put it in till Phase 4 with ZA like it came out originally

1 Like

Firstly, we’re not getting EVERYTHING on Patch 3.3.5 at launch - Blizzard has said that that is the patch they will be using for SOME features (Class Balancing is the main thing) Secondly, I don’t think anyone expects LFD to be available on launch (though, honestly, there’d be no point to delay it) What we DO expect is for LFD to be available at some point in the expansion, just as it was before.

4 Likes

That’s because features like this (even minorly) affect the overall experience of the expansion and adding them earlier than they were originally added potentially can warp the re-treading of it.

In some cases I think it’s fine to just let it go, depends on the feature.

There’s nothing wrong with engaging with chat (the singular form of communication in WoW, because it’s a computer game) to find groups.

If TBC needs RDF, then WotLK needs RDF. The state of making a group in TBC right now is awful. Making a group is such a pain in the rear that most people pay for boosts.

Even a tank + healer combo right now have trouble finding DPS for normal dungeons. RDF would make grouping with other players easier and would make boosting less appealing.

By removing RDF all you’re doing is benefitting boosters. That’s it.

2 Likes

I know. You’ve been saying that ad-nauseum for a month now. You might like sitting in chat repeatedly typing group needs tank when your friends list runs dry, but I don’t. It sucks. I just want to play the game without spamming over and over.

As usual you’re vastly over-stating the difficulty of finding groups. Finding DPS to do anything is definitely not difficult, and I say this as someone who has been putting groups together for various heroics/10m raids lately. The DPS slots are dime a dozen.

Getting proper tanks and healers can sometimes be a challenge, but this isn’t a “problem” so much as a fact of class census. There’s less of them. Have to stop seeing the natural state of things as a problem in and of itself, and just arm yourself to overcome it.

You can type in to LFG from anywhere within the world.

You can also press ALT + ^ to scroll through previous things you’ve said in whichever chat to simply “copy/paste” what you already said. It’s as simple as pressing enter, then ALT + ^ and then hitting enter again.

You can also make separate tabs for whispers, guild, or LFG chat, so that you can parse things out better.

I’m sorry to say but these things are not difficult, nor are my recommendations profoundly new or inventive, but they are simple.

As usual they will give some bull about it’s soooo easy to put a group together for dungeons while I sit here looking at a who and one other person with in 10 levels of me in both directions being on. at this point they have to be a toll.

Really. Thank you for informing me of something I’ve known for 15 years. Thank you.

OMG? I don’t have to retype every single time? Alt+C? OMG? This is earth shattering news? I’ve been using that in word documents for 30 years but I never imagined Alt+C was universal? WOWIEE?

Separate chat tabs? Total game changer!! Never again will my damage and chat be in the same chat panel! My goodness.

They are sooooo simple. Man, you are a lifesaver. And here I thought you were a socially inept weirdo who’s only contact with real humans was the forum. Man was I wrong.

Alt+C? You should work in the tech center with that vast knowledge.

2 Likes

Well you clearly have the tools for group making to be a simple process, so as it stands I think you’ll A-OK in this version of WOTLK :slight_smile:

This is what some people fail to grasp, LFD was not just some random feature they added for fun. It was added to address very real problems for a lot of people.

Like great you play a tank on a high pop realm and you play during prime time, great obviously you don’t have a use for LFD. Guess what that doesn’t apply to a lot of people.

2 Likes

And you clearly know all about tools. Big tools. Little tools. Curvy tools.

1 Like

You obviously don’t try making or finding groups, or you’re making them with guildies. Pretty sure you’re just a troll at this point. Even Healers and tanks are having trouble finding DPS for their groups.

3 Likes

Finding groups is far easier than you try to make it out to be.

Unless of course, you are on a blacklist…

I may have found out why you push for rdf so hard now…

1 Like

Yes clearly this is the sole, or even the most signficant, thing that can impact how hard it is for someone to find a group.

1 Like

It can be very significant.

For example whitemane has 12.6k horde population.

The server discord has 11.2k registered horde.

So about 90% of the server is a part of the discord server that people can search for blacklisted people on.

Lets say the total population is 12k just for simplicity and only about half of the discord people use actually look at the blacklist data.

That essentially means about HALF of the server wont invite you if you are on the blacklist.

Now lets look at a low pop server.

Old blanchy has about 450-500 players on horde and alliance each. If we assume the blacklist is just as effective that means someone on the horde who has been blacklisted will not be invited by about 200-250 of their fellow horde. That leaves about 200-250 people left to group with.

Even on small servers the black list reduces your chance to get into a group by a large percentage.

Who hurt you to make you this way?

Yes clearly this is the sole, or even the most signficant, thing that can impact how hard it is for someone to find a group.

And of course doesn’t apply to most people at all since they aren’t raving dbags who get blakc listed.

1 Like

There are no blacklists on Faerlina or Benediction because there’s too many damn people for that. There’s too many people for a LFG chat channel. You obviously don’t play the game at all if you think blacklists exist in TBC.

1 Like

he’s already admitted if they put RDF in he would be an enchanter and roll need on everything to DE it.

1 Like