WOTLK doesn't need RDF

so they’re going to reverse the paid boost right?

I mean if this is for the “greater good” fuzzy wuzzy feelings of the good ol’ days

7 Likes

Well…one could hope, but that’s a different discussion. I’m not really “about” whataboutisms :slight_smile:

uhm wrath never had lfr. it had LFD.

1 Like

lets face it, removing LFD is to make more money on boosts, if you have a fun way to level you don’t need a boost that much

3 Likes

RDF = Random Dungeon Finder

well if they’re going to change the game to be more convenient with a paid boost and the ability to play a DK without having a 55 character then they can make the game convenient with LFD

5 Likes

wotlk had RDF, so classic should have it. it was great for people catching up or people that play at off-peak hours. u will still have to spam lfg chat for raids. people will still group up for proto drake achieves. idk why people are so against this.

6 Likes

It didn’t have it until the final content patch, so if you’re OK with it being added in ICC…then sure.

I mean… technically it was the second to last content patch.

RS wasn’t MUCH content but it was still a “content patch”

why? the classic devs dont have to create it, it’s already in the 3.3.5 client theyre using.

2 Likes

Ok so then ICC should just be available at launch then, since you want everything from 3.3.5 available at the start.

1 Like

Well… they’re likely using a 9.0 client.

Classic was based on a legion client
TBC on a bfa client

Hope we get addon updating without logging out in wrath.

honestly cba with your 2head takes

2 Likes

Not everything that existed in WOTLK needs to be in WOTLKC.

There’s plenty of precedence for these sort of changes in TBCC, so you can’t use #nochanges as your sole argument here. For example they removed squawking, drums were changed, pally seals balanced, druid energy completely modified to something un-seen ever in original TBC…and more.

“It was in original WOTLK” just isn’t a good enough argument. Plain and simple.

1 Like

None of those changes were as fundamental of a change though.

And they were all for the benefit of the playerbase, not having LFD really helps no one.

Not having LFD sure helps blizzards pocketbook though.

2 Likes

How does not having RDF make Blizzard money?

If what you’re stating about how universally good for the game it is were actually true…I don’t see how you could then reason that leaving it out is the better financial play?

Imo I agree with you, nixing RDF is 100% the right call, but you’re not really being consistent here.

You can’t in one hand argue that it is financial suicide for them to leave it out because they lose so many people as a result, while also saying its a play for the shareholders because, I assume, you think leaving out RDF somehow correlates to better sales of the boost.

RDF is a fun, convenient way to level, not having it is a ploy to sell boosts, 100%, regardless of what they say.

The question is will it backfire. I say they’ll end up losing more than they gain.

5 Likes

And the same people who are cheering no RDF were the same ones decrying #somechanges until they got a change they like. Bloody self-righteously hypocritical.

9 Likes

*again /10char

3 Likes

I honestly think people won’t walk the walk.

I think people who say they will quit won’t actually do so.

This is not the main event feature for anyone’s attachment to WOTLK. It will still be popular and played by many if not more than TBCC.