WOTLK doesn't need RDF

Which is fine.

Actually, RDF is so popular every wrath pserver has it from launch, but like I said, fine with it from ICC on.

8 Likes

If they add in RDF with ICC rollout, I’d probably not have any issue with that.

However, even if they didn’t, I still think WOTLK-C will still be fine.

If it’s just RDF changed i’d stick around honestly.

Don’t mess with dual spec, hell don’t mess with ToC.

What do you mean don’t mess with TOC?

TotC

Leave it 4 times a week, it doesn’t take long

1 Like

This feels like an “I like world pvp and want blizzard to remove to battlegrounds and arena from the game despite the fact that the classic expansion had them in it so that I am able to have more people forced into the aspect of the game I enjoy despite what everyone else wants” argument. If you don’t like the dungeon finder, then don’t use and be happy while the people who do like it get to use it and every single player is happy.

11 Likes

Let me get this straight.

You want a controversial feature in the expansion because you think it improves the game with no downside.

Yet you want to "revert* a completely non-controversial change that was nearly universally heralded as a great move back when they changed it.

Nobody liked doing TOC that many times.

Sorry but there is zero consistency in your “wants and desires” list.

You crafted your list based off nothing but sheer personal wishlisting, with pretty much no consideration for what is actually beneficial to the game.

It would be actually quite easy to dismiss your feedback as such.

3 Likes

It wasn’t controversial when it was put in, people loved it.

for personal reasons, not that I care if they do or not on that one, as long as they don’t touch lockouts beyond that.

I just liked doing it 4 times a week.

5 Likes

Dungeon finders effects on the game happen whether anyone uses or doesn’t use it.

Also, I play on a PvE realm…
World PvP isn’t exactly popping here.

This is some revisionist history to the the maximum degree.

2 Likes

You’re right, wrath doesn’t need LFD.

I question whether you actually played in wrath at this point. yes, people loved it when it came in, wasn’t til later most started blaming it for things.

At least on the servers I played on.

8 Likes

Correction, mega realms do not need LFD. Small realms do. There’s a big difference here. Do not roll every realm in together.

Lmao question whatever you like.

There are literal dissertations and bachelor’s thesis papers out there focused on the deteriorating social experience of WoW, with the dungeon finder always front and center of the discussion.

If you actually believe that dungeon finder came out without any controversy, then you definitively, without any question, either did not play Wrath, or never, ever, ever visited the forums.

5 Likes

I didn’t visit the forums back in wrath, my servers loved it. The forums hate everything, only time they ever came together on anything was Real ID.

Though they’re pretty heavily in favor not fully removing LFD right now. Even a lot of anti-lfd people would be fine with it during ICC.

And if LFD was so negative to the social experience all these other mmo’s wouldn’t be doing fine with it compared to wow.

8 Likes

And how many sit afk to have a booster boost them???

6 Likes

Different games, different situations, and different needs.

It’s sort of like how some laws don’t equally effect all states or countries in terms of results.

http://www.diva-portal.org/smash/get/diva2:1270798/FULLTEXT02.pdf

Here’s a dissertation (complete with data based on polling) on how players felt the social experience was affected by various features throughout the expansions. I believe it’s current up through WOD so garrisons are a part of that discussion too.

As much as you might hate to admit it, dungeon finder did have an effect on the social experience. There is plentiful content out there from many different mouth pieces, even articles on major gaming sites where people give their insight on why they think it harms (however nominally) the overall social experience of WoW particularly.

WoW doesn’t lend itself to socialization like other games do with its systems, that’s why, not because “lfd”

Regardless, it should be in ICC no matter what.

4 Likes

It’s never just one thing.

RDF was not single-handedly responsible for the collapse of socialization in WoW, no.

It was just one element. So they’re gonna withold it for the greater good.

It’s the same thing with their removal of the disenchant button, which they’ve already announced.

Does telling the enchanter to roll need so he can DE the item dramatically save socialization in WoW?? No, of course not, it’s a fairly arbitrary moment of communication…but it all adds up.

1 Like

I would say the internet itself changed… wow players just blamed random systems in WoW for how society changed over time.

We used to love myspace and socializing and having friends and networking.

Now its toxic and flaming on reddit and twitter. The world changed around WoW… we for some reason just blamed WoW for it… Theres nothing wow could have done and its laughable to blame something like LFD on that change in community focus.

11 Likes

Maybe, hopefully we can sway them to put it in when it was originally. If not then, at least by cata classic.

I’m somewhat annoyed by that honestly, as an enchanter i was looking forward to it lol.