WOTLK doesn't need RDF

WOTLK does need a RDF.

It was in the original game, it should be in the classic game. We’re getting classes and everything based off the -final patch- of WOTLK, the only things being delayed are raids.

I find it amazing that people have been told for years to wait until wrath comes out for features like dual specc and LFD to be added to make life instantly better and more convienent, now that we’re here, these same people are trying to argue that massive changes being made to the game to remove these functions is somehow a good thing?

Miss me on that bull crap.

Blizzards catering to a whiny bunch of players that want to dictate how other poeple are allowed to play the game.

If you hate looking for dungeon so much, do not use it. Period.

You can spend 1-2 days trying to get low level dungeon groups together in LFG chat, you can spend hours spamming the same LFG channel and using a broken buggy LFG tool.

I have zero interest in doing so. LFD was a net benefit to the game regardless of what naysayers said.

34 Likes

RDF isn’t the only element that harmed social interaction.

People keep arguing in extremes as if they think Blizzard is doing this under the assumption that removing RDF fixes everything about socialization forever.

Keeping RDF out simply contributes to more social interaction. It’s one factor, that’s all, and nothing of real value was lost I might add…WOTLK will be fine without it.

4 Likes

Not really, there’s no actual proof that LFD erodes the overall social structure of the game, actually, there’s proof it really doesn’t change much and that WoW just has not the most social of players.

11 Likes

“I appreciate that this has pissed off a lot of people and I don’t take any pleasure from their unhappiness, but this is without a doubt the best decision they could have made.”

No you don’t. No changes = NO changes
You people argued this in TBC Classic, now you are arguing the total opposite.
Stop with the whole “You think you do but you don’t”

13 Likes

Frankly I don’t really care either way. The general ease of classic has been something that has continued to surprise me this whole time. There’s just something about coming back to a solved game. I don’t really have a horse in this race. I don’t plan on doing anything other than raid logging.

Although…maybe there is something to be said for rolling a tank and getting rich. Knowing my luck, they’d revert the change once I finished leveling it haha.

2 Likes

We all played the proof. I lived the experience.

Dungeon forming and running was a much less sociable and immersive experience post RDF. That’s my personal experience and it seems it lines up with Blizzards assessment.

1 Like

LFD didn’t erode anything.

This is a hypobolic statement made by people with zero evidence for such.

No one decided to suddenly become a anti-social, becausee they could queue up their alts for dungeons, and actually manage to get into dungeons, or be able to queue up for heroic dungeons on a queue.

Raids were not hurt, PVP was not hurt, no one was hurt by Looking for Dungeon, the worst experiences you had was getting the occulus in the random dungeon roll (Despite it being an easy dungeon) and people just ragequitting because for some reason they couldn’t handle the dragon’s part of it even though it literally was the easiest boss in the game.

Oh no, people ninja’d gear in LFD? WOW THAT NEVER HAPPENED BEFORE LFD EVER DID IT? Oh wait. It did. People still ninja stuff to this very day in TBC and Vanilla classic and even retail wow. Huh, it’s almost like garbage people are garbage regardless of LFD.

But no,

Blizzards supporting people buying their new unlimited level 70 boosts instead.

No low level dungeons for Alts, No LFD For alts, no getting boosted by friends or guildies or a mage service. We’re gonna make leveling alts as unbearable as possible then push our unlimited level 70 boosts. Because apparently blizzard would rather you spend $60 on a level 70 boost than add in features that made people’s lives easier.

22 Likes

Except not.

It’s not RDF causing the issue, it’s the players.

This well hidden secret might come as a huge surprise to some players, I don’t want you to be too surprised though, so prepare for it:

WoW is not the only mmo out there, shocker.

Many other mmo’s have RDF and are far more social than WoW, some may be more social than wow has EVER been.

WoW is so anti-social it’s a meme amongst other mmo’s, including those with RDF.

16 Likes

Ff14 has it, they are doing great.

8 Likes

That game is likely more social than wow even when people would say it was most social.

7 Likes

I find dungeon forming and running to be a much more personable and fantasy-immersive experience and so far this has been true in vanilla classic and TBC classic…all the way up until ICC when they introduced RDF I felt this way.

You’re telling me this is a very convenient coincidence? That the players instantaneously the world round became all unsociable players?

Lol.

2 Likes

Exactly.

Other games just have better communities

2 Likes

Right, and there are right and wrong ways, depending on that community, to spur social interaction.

FFXIV is notable for a community that is very invested in the roleplay elements, and the story/narrative.

Wow not so much. The techniques to bring about social interaction have to be done different.

Removing RDF is a strategy that will, uniquely, work for WoW because of it’s particular community, even if other games like FFXIV still thrive with it.

You find it more immersive and personable, that’s you.

I don’t really consider the forming of a group to be the pinnacle of the social experience. There’s much more out there that matters a LOT more.

16 Likes

Except it won’t, it’s not social NOW without it.

8 Likes

It’s also Blizzard, and it’s also enough of a “voice” (their words, not mine) that they felt it was the right call for WOTLK-C. Brian specifically said they felt very confident it was the right call.

You don’t have the support, sorry.

LFD is in every single successful modern day MMO, many of which will forever be more social than wow can ever dream of being.

LFD is not what causes Anti-social behavior.

Being tired of uptight people who get angry, and decide they know better about how to play the game than you leads to anti-social behavior.

Being tired of people constantly wanting you to spend 3+ hours to try to find a dungeon group makes someone less social.

Being burned out about having to put an unnecessary large amount of effort into something simple or basic, is what leads people to being anti-social.

LFD doesn’t cause anti-social behavior, interacting with other players in negative ways leads to anti-social behavior.

WoW is not a social game right now with it not being in the game. Poeple actively ignore people looking for help, people actively stick to their cliques and their guild and do not branch out. They already have everything they want, why would they go out of the way to help others?

This behavior is MASSIVELY apparent on mega servers, but also happens quite alot on smaller realms too.

16 Likes

Mythics can’t be queued for
normal-mythic dungeons can’t be queued for
rated BGs can’t be queued for outside of a premade group

It didn’t create more social interaction in game

Social media and things like discord simply placed the chatting that took place in trade or forums there instead.

I get the same level of chatting in dungeons today as I do in normal mode dungeons in retail you aren’t going to make a bunch of 30 year olds looking to complete their daily suddenly become bubbly 12 year olds desperate for social interaction passed their bedtime

12 Likes

We have a lot of community support. And eventually they will change it or lose those people as paying customers. And that’s because it’s not JUST RDF, there’s a lot more they’re talking about changing.

We’re not asking for it at launch, just that they uphold Wrath as it was.

5 Likes

If anything I’d argue we didn’t need RFD back then, but in today’s current gaming ways we definitely need it.

These are Prog servers, not having RFD is a terrible idea.

9 Likes