WOTLK doesn't need RDF

They are gonna use 3.3.5.

Patch progress is too much work and mean reintroducing bug/exploit like mages soloing Naxxramas.

As expected the “pro LFD” mass report OP because he doesn’t share their opinion.

3 Likes

I care.
You wanted to experience the classic wow as it was release.
Well that is what everyone is getting.

1 Like

Of course it doesn’t need it. It will still be a raid logging expansion. This is probably a great time to roll a tank that has enchanting. Should be able to make bank selling runs.

It’s not JUST the lack of RDF, don’t simplify the issue.

1 Like

In modern times literally every classic expansion is raid loggable.

1 Like

Sure, which is why I don’t think the LFD will really matter. Still though…with people farming badges early on, get that tank leveled! Big money!

i heckin LOVE spamming LFG, reading bulletin board and hoping for a dps slot!!!

9 Likes

Use the mythic lfg system from retail at the start of wrath[basically improved bulletin board]. Introduce LFD after a phase or 2. Ez

4 Likes

Unless blizzard gives us detailed information about what data they have and how they collected it – I don’t see any reason to believe blizzard has any credible data that indicates most players didn’t want LFD in WOTLK. Or that removing LFD is in line with ‘some changes’. Data interpretation is a complex field.

Yes, there is a population of people who believe LFD destroyed the wow they loved. Had blizzard just put LFD in WOTLK and said nothing about it a vast majority of the WOTLK audience would have accepted that fact and played the game without complaint.

But, Blizzard, with their next level genius marketing strategy(this is sarcasm), inadvertently fractured the community into two camps, which isn’t good for anyone. Had they left the issue alone and just put LFD into wotlk it wouldn’t be the mountain of an issue that people have turned it into.

Blizzard will lose more subscribers in wrath than they will gain by removing LFD and they won’t even be aware it’s happening until the damage is done.

33 Likes

I think it’s fair to say that Wrath was the beginning of the end. I would disagree that LFD damages the social interactions. Unless my experience is much different than everyone else’s, there’s not much talk in BC dungeons and heroics.

2 Likes

:clown_face:

These forums could just be nuked entirely with no real loss to the games development at this point…

It’s not about the talking during dungeons…why do people keep insinuating this…

It’s about the organizational skills required to form a promising group, prior to entering the dungeon. That which is completely eliminated by RDF, and exactly what they cited in the broadcast as something they want to preserve.

4 Likes

It’s wrath. you can go in with a group of monkeys.

I love how people think the LFG tool from retail is somehow better? You press a button and get a group. No need to say anything at all.

Its the people that are not social, not the systems, pretty easy to prove that wow just has a lot of people who don’t socialize with others no matter what.

8 Likes

I’m not sure if that really matters in classic though. We’re not talking about challenging 5 man content like what they have in retail. Which combination of tank, 3 dps, and healer can’t faceroll any dungeon?

And what would stop you from using the LFG channel if you really need to stack a team for a dungeon?

2 Likes

Hell, later on you can even delete the tank and then the healer.

3 Likes

ok then no dual finder til ulduar
overpowered DKs at launch, and able to cast [[Raise Ally] in arena til ICC
Priests don’t get divine hymn or hope til ulduar

1 Like

This is selective memory.

Yes by the end, the heroics were a big faceroll (and nobody likes that either).

Earlier on, however, it was not necessarily as easy.

Anyone who actually played is going to know the appropriate reaction to these words: Halls of Lightning :zap:.

Another issue with your argumentation is that you are predicating your logic around group forming being the sole element of social structure in the game.

Group forming is simply one single tent pole in a collection of changes that collectively harmed the games social factor.

Blizzard is simply addressing one single :point_up: point. It doesn’t solve everything by itself, but it contributes to protecting the social element. That’s all.

3 Likes

I was there back in November of 2008. It was still easy, easier than any TBC heroic

5 Likes

Anyway who need LFD when you can just spam dungeons to level 80 with your guild ?

If they do add LFD how will I be able to interact with the community and engage in such phenomenal interactions like asking someone if they’re tanking and them replying yes and then not speaking to them ever again?

13 Likes

SAVAGE!

1 Like