Worthless titles?

A PVP healer? You are the real hero here. Cheers.

3 Likes

To me its useless because people stack brackets. How you could be proud of something you waited your turn for with your hand held out is beyond me. Plus, as we all know rank 14 just means you spend more time in BGs than most others. You don’t have to be good you just have to have a lot of time on your hands.

https://i.imgur.com/BXQhG2k.png

This basically sums up the issue some of us are having. The trouble with The Meta is you either conform or be cast out. There is no middle ground with the classic system.

On one hand, we can say just let the thing collapse as is going to happen organicially or we can look at it from a larger context. The premade needs the pug to keep queuing and vice versa.

The second one side gets bored and quits its over for everyone.

The pessimist in me says the #nochanges crowd wants this to happen and emphatically yell “get gud newb”.

I believe like everything else, it’s a player made problem and until it reaches some boiling point or a huge blip on the profit radar, nothing is going to change.

I know it is a ironic twist with me here, but I’m saying that you’ve got a retail development team in charge. And while I don’t see Classic+ happening, the BGs would probably be high on the list of improvements.

1 Like

Yep, it’s ridiculous. It’s either you’re no life or you’re no skill is the comeback. It sounds like jealousy for whatever reason, who knows the reason. Rank 14 isn’t harming someone who plays less.

I mean I ranked to 14 with a decent full-time job and a family, where I kept both. My house is almost paid off and I didn’t spend money on useless crap when ranking so I have a nice amount of extra money now. I just sacrificed some sleep and didn’t do whatever these people are doing instead which I probably don’t even enjoy.

However, if someone is doing it because they have a back injury, or they are off work for cancer (yes I have seen this) or even if they are doing it because they are unemployed and want something to do who cares.

Then you have the people bashing the skill of rank 14s. Well at least on this forum most of the rank 14s don’t talk about how skilled they are or how great they are. Nobody says ranking directly means skill - although plenty of rankers especially the early ones are proven skilled in arena already. These people who bash rankers though, well they think they are at the top, amazing players. They can’t look in the mirror and see how full of themselves and arrogant they are (acting).

That’s awesome, keep going. Healers are often underappreciated in pugs etc but are super important. I PVP heal so I know how it is sometimes with people not being nice. I think I ran into you on my alt alliance in one of the BGs, if I see you again I’ll say hi. Thanks for healing.

1 Like

R14s actually being victims might be good for a sketch comedy show but not so great for forum talks.

If you have to start spewing details of your private life to make your case that youre just a poor misunderstood soul then yeah…

2 Likes

You keep saying

but I dont think you’ve been in a premade lately. Its mostly non-competitive pug stomping.

1 Like

I can barely be a good father trying to get to ranks 8-10. I dont think you can even be a parent going for 14. Your partners back must hurt.

3 Likes

Nope, I still did a lot with my son. There was plenty of downtime between queues for real life. There are many parents who either come home from work and immediately leave the house to “go out with friends” or are actually not there but working remotely or whatever and are with their kids a lot less.

Honestly, I will say it was not as if having to schedule family time between queues was optimal. When I talked about ranking an alliance the answer as a flat out no so yes you are correct in a way. I won’t lie about that.

1 Like

You’re horde. You wouldn’t understand.

Like I said earlier. I don’t believe BGS the way it’s implemented in classic is pvp. Just an inefficient catch-up mechanic… Waiting on TBC…

1 Like

Try doing it on a server of turbo NEETs like Stalagg or Whitemane - you wouldn’t have made it.

1.8 million caps in AV meta, something like 1.6 in Warsong on Whitemane.

Stalagg was something silly in P2 too, people staying up for days at a time - to the point of being accused of account sharing.

I’ve always said that while R14 in Vanilla wasn’t really something you acquired specifically via skill the person who got it probably was skilled simply because if you have to PvP for thousands of hours you’re going to get skilled, but given the premade meta in Classic it’s far from the truth.

And I’m currently R7 courtesy of AV queueing to avoid that meta.

People who can do the R14 grind multiple times without winding up mentally damaged are skilled.

Some very skilled PVPers come by R14 as a by product of their love for PVP - which is what I think the original intent was.

When it was server vs server it was more so about being good. You have to be good to get on the teams rank 14 team. Our rank 14 team stomp the alliance rank 14 team. They started just afking out since they new they wouldnt get a flad cap. Wow skill you have to use loosely. Its more strategy,time and prep. Rank 14 now is just time and no strat or prep.

2 Likes

congrats either way no1 GAF

They’re enough to rustle your jimmies.

They’ve rustled my jimmies long enough!

1 Like

Cool story bro

no life or maby these people had to stay home for some world wide pandemic orso … just a guess thou