Worthless titles?

Back in Vanilla the guild I was in had a Grand Marshal. She was hopelessly incompetent, both in PvE and PvP. It turns out she got her little brother to do most of the PvP grind for her. I later heard (though don’t have firsthand knowledge) that account sharing was rampant among PvP rankers in Vanilla (on our server, at least).

So no, I haven’t had any respect for the GM/HWL titles for a long time.

5 Likes

gyazo dot com/ccfc7e9bfe1027b2d2f448818c5d9376

They don’t deserve any respect. This game is so flawed, and this premade, pug stomping, private server meta sucks too. Honestly, screw their #nochanges drivel.

speedrunning, thats about it

Thats now how ranking works.

The more people playing the easier it is to rank.

1 Like

They sat at their computer and clicked buttons and got a title in a video game.

I sat at my computer and clicked buttons and got into grad school.

Hmm.

3 Likes

bruh, they last a week, nobody cares

Tell that to the premaders who think smashing pugs, and being rude to them on the forums is a good idea. Most of the guys I pugged with for the last 6 months unsubbed, and I’m out too.

I say, let this game fall apart. Good riddance.

I mean they’ll find out in tbc won’t they

2 Likes

The hateraid is real in here

1 Like

Or the gear is fantastic for PvE.

The massive crystal ball gazing nonsense happening in this thread is hilarious.

Most of the rank 14’s are really bad this go around, but occasionally you will encounter a good one and that will take you buy surprise because being that use to just pub stomping rank 14’s is what you get use to right now. Back in actual vanilla only pvp players really got into doin PVP and so the players were more into it, and were actually trying to improve overall in skill. That’s just not true in classic, now days its all about honor per hour and they dont really need to be good because there is no real personal skill improvement made, only team play skills. Team play is important, but it does not make for a good player in a 1v1, its just different now, and you are right, most of them do it for pve.

2 Likes

r14 makes people hella salty for whatever reason.

I think either your jelly, the rank 14 a bot, carried, or actually pimp. Only way to find out is fight them.

Same as glad. Paid, jelly, carried, or a pimp

Some rank 14’s did not earn their rank by killing, but by saving.
I am a Healing Priest at level 52 and I am already a Knight Lt, next week I will be a Knight Captain. I am not bragging, the reason I am confident of my upward mobility is that there seem to be few from my server who are engaging in the BG’s.
I have noticed that there are Sgt’s from other servers who have twice the honor I have. It all depends upon if the people on your server and faction contribute to the BG.
I should mention that one of our Rank 14’s that I know of is a Healing Priest.

I don’t think they are worthless, they’re definitely not related to skill, only ability to play the game for a long time every day for a long period of time. However, I still respect what I am unable to get.

There are plenty of humble and cool rankers. Or people just doing it without wanting massive attention thrown their way. I wouldn’t even say theyre a minority.

Then there are those who make fun of rank 10s because its not rank 13 or 14.

Titles and achievements don’t mean much to me. One of the aspects about Classic, that I love, is the almost total lack of them minus the PvP ranks.

And I know all about those path of least resistance players from my days of being camped in Battlefield and Call of Duty.

I know it’s comparing apples to hamburgers, but the point is that there were people who always equated no life tryharding as winning when I only see games as recreational fun whether my prestige is 3 or my rank is grunt.

Then again, this occurs in real life with almost any sport, hobby, and entertainment venue. You go somewhere to go fishing, and despite your efforts to fish in peace these guys show up as if you catch X number they’ve got to brag they caught triple and been there since 4 AM last Monday.

Not everything is a competition. Call me ludicrous, but WoW is my relax and smash murlocs game not sit in a BG memorizing how many snowflakes landed on that goat and will it give me an advantage.

Its okay to like a different playstyle or to hold a different opinion on something. Its when you take that and try to bash other people over the head with it.

I guess you can say that’s happening on these forums between the two camps but one is trying to justify maintaining a sub and the other is trying to justify bad behavior.

I mean youre right, its gonna happen regardless but you might as well point it out.

And I wholly agree. And I understand those with a strong competitive spirit, but it’s like either you are in it 110% or you are wasting their time.

As a grunt, I’m happy to grab any honor. I keenly understand now why retail has rated and unrated pvp. Yet, I want to play a few games of PvP in Classic, but the constant threats and frustration I hear about premades makes me as a solo player want to avoid it completely.