Worst support experience ever

So i recently got suspended for using some rather colorful language against a paladin who followed me for 2 hours harrasing and trolling me while i was trying to roleplay in orgrimmar. I went to appeal the suspension and both times i tried i got a technical error. So i contacted support like it told me to and instead of fixing the issue for me i was informed the appeal(the apparently imaginary one because i never even got to make one) was denied. So not only was i suspended for going back at someone harrasing me(yes i used language i shouldn’t have but as with most things the context should matter) i was basically told to go screw myself by support and they had no intention of even letting me submit an appeal.

1 Like

There is nothing really to fix though. You appear to acknowledge you broke the rules, you appealed, and were denied based on the in game logs that were reviewed over the original issue.

An appeal is not a discussion with GM’s about how your should have been penalized, or why you might have chosen not to follow the rules to begin with.

I’m sorry to hear that, but apparently you did eventually put through an appeal ticket, so you probably had a browser issue, so make sure to whitelist blizzard sites so this does not recur in the future, or a different browser.

8 Likes

Idk if you just chose to half read what i wrote but I NEVER EVEN GOT TO SUBMIT AN APPEAL. how do you deny something i never submitted??? Also so your victim blaming? Youd rather me let myself be harrased than tell the person off? Thats the problem with blizz. They suspend people like me but entire guilds kicking people out for being black or women(which theres video evidence of) get nothing done to them. Also just read the other part, no i never typed anything. As soon as i clicked the submit appeal button i got the error so i didnt get to submit an appeal of any form.

1 Like

An appeal is not a means to tell your side of the story. It’s a chance to get another GM to look into why you got a suspension and if you deserved it. Two wrongs do not make a right.

If they are doing something against the rules report them. If they are just doing something that annoys you, while a jerk thing to do, it is probably not against the rules.

There is never a reason to use foul language in a game no matter the context that is why you report people and let the GM staff handle it.

2 Likes

So by your logic the appeal button is for craps and giggles since an appeal isnt meant to ask for a second look into the case.

1 Like

I just told you it’s a chance for ANOTHER GM to look into the issue.

2 Likes

When it takes them 10 minutes to respond to a ticket they didnt look too hard

1 Like

To be frank, trying to use ‘But they did it first!’ isn’t going to fly as you broke the rules yourself. Along with the fact that the appeal team don’t randomly send appeal results out of the blue. Along with that idea, the forums has no means to try to bypass the ticketing system, nor its for ranting about account actions.

4 Likes

The forums are for criticism and discussion which i am doing.

1 Like

So you admit a violation of the rules and are upset the penalty was upheld?

I just want to make sure i understand correctly

Assuming i do, two wrongs do not make a right. Further the data shows YOUR violation in the report.

I suspect this is what the other person wanted. Next time just totally ignore them. Do not give them the satisfaction

3 Likes

They looked, found you did use language that was against the rules, and upheld the suspension.

4 Likes

Then i suggest trying again, but again, it’s not a court to argue a penalty, only to review the in game logs. A ticket is the only means to do this.

Your original post had me thinking you did manage to put in a ticket after your had a technical difficulty submitting, and ultimately that appeal was denied.

5 Likes

So i can harrasse another player and provoke a response outta them to get them in trouble. Cool thanks for the info.

1 Like

Sorry mate, but talking about account actions is against the rules. More so when the blues here have no means of handling account actions.

I’m going to close this topic because posts about disciplinary actions are not permitted.

1 Like

Never needing to use the appeal form myself I don’t know exactly what is needed to fill out on there.

However it is possible for another GM to review all the information dealing with the suspension within the time frame you mentioned.

And although context is important it still doesn’t give you or anyone else to use language that is deemed inappropriate.

Remember if someone is harassing you. You need to report them and make sure you ignore them and do no interact with them.

4 Likes

Every player has a right to a space. It is not exclusive. If you want to follow player X all day and emote to them, talk to them etc, that is your perrogatuve. So long as none of it breaks any rules.

Jerk move for sure. And i am not condoning what happened to you. However, it is sounding like that other player was just being a jerk, not violating rules.

Next time i would put them on ignore so you cannot see any speech from them. Nothing you can about any emotes or following you though.

4 Likes

Ngl i see why everyone is ditching WoW for final fantasy. Harrasing people isnt tolerated over there.

By the by, FF14 much more harsh on this then you think and can just ban your account rather then getting temp ban like in WoW. So…

9 Likes

Neither is it tolerated here, as you clearly demonstrated with your suspension.
Bottom line is, if someone harassing you, the best course of action is to ignore and walk away. If they continue to do so, then by all means report them and move on. Never engage with them.

6 Likes

I did put him on ignore he got on his second account to come back :). But wow doesnt care about harrasment like that apparently