Account Closed while being boosted less than 24 hours after purchasing lvl 58 boost from Blizzard

I really wanted to expedite this process and actually talk to someone rather than continue dealing with automated ticket responses.

I had my wow account closed for Offense: Exploitative Activity: Unauthorized Cheat Programs (Hacks).

Two days ago (May 23rd), I purchased a level 58 boost to level my second warrior in preparation for WotLK. I name myself “Xiaoshaqming”, Shaq is a reference to a nickname I used and the Xiao/ming parts are Chinese names I used in reference to the popularity of Tauren warriors (this warrior is Tauren) in Chinese speedruns. I immediately mail myself 3500gold to pay for dungeon boosting to quickly level. I have two monitors and played my main account while running this account in/out of dungeons while being boosted for several hours. I imagine this character was reported many times due to the suspicious Chinese name while in Slave Pens, a notorious dungeon that people bot in.

The really disappointing part about this is that my entire account was closed automatically due to reports I’m guessing. I’m the guild master for a very competitive speedrunning guild, this account is extremely important to myself and the guild. I don’t know what type of cheat or hack Blizzard has in mind that I would be using. I’ve already received my first automated ticket response where they “Reviewed and verified their initial findings”.

1 Like

I’m sorry Maddxx, but that is not an option. We will not be able to expedite your appeal or provide you with any additional information here on the forums. But to clarify, the ticket responses are not automated. Game Masters review each appeal and the account information associated with it. For consistency, appeals may receive a template reply since Game Masters are not able to provide you with specific details about what was detected that caused the account penalty.

An appeal ticket is the only way to have an account action reviewed.

I’m going to close this topic because posts about disciplinary actions are not permitted.

6 Likes