World Quest: Are you kitten on me? Bugged

What’s amusing to me (not really) is they seem to have fixed the player workaround some folks were using to equip the climbing gear and then hop on someone else’s dragonriding mount as a whelp passenger to get carried partway up past any blockages – but they still haven’t fixed the quest itself.

C’mon, Blizz, seriously.

If you can stealth hotfix player workarounds but not fix the quest we needed the workaround FOR, just take the quest out of the WQ pool already. It’s been WEEKS now.

6 Likes

i found that if you get on your freindsmount first then enter climbing gear it still works… for now…

1 Like

Still bugged. On a week where we have both the World Quest weekly, and we need world quests for Aiding the Accord, two world quests are impossible to complete because of missing handholds.

2 Likes

Yep this quest is bugged for me too. It’s up in Thaldraszus right now and u can’t get to any of the rocks, they aren’t even clickable. RIP

1 Like

this has been bugged on and off since the start. It’s so weird that they don’t seem to care enough to fix a broken quest they made.

3 Likes

Agreed. the fact that they’re leaving this and other WQs in a broken state like this for so long is just ridiculous.

4 Likes

Again. Today 1/23/2023. This time 1-6 are fine but block 7 is missing. Unable to continue climbing. I toggled on War Mode and returned. Same problem. Again.

1 Like

All climbing quests are now broken more often than not.

Seems doubtful at this point that they even care enough to fix their broken quests. These haven’t worked for months, and they still don’t even show up in the, “known issues,” posts. Are they farming out game development to some cheap 3rd party? I’d say they’ve gone down the toilet, but my toilet’s looking a lot better than blizz rn.

wq up again today, still broken. seriously blizzard…

3 Likes

2nd handhold missing on stormrage… come on, blizz. disable it if you can’t work out what’s causing the bugs.

2 Likes

Still bugged on Moon Guard. :frowning: I believe it’s the 4th handhold when I went there.

Yup on Stormrage-second rock is not there. I just want to save the kittens.

WM off: Second Rock
WM on: Fourth Rock

Yep, bugged on Stormrage both in and out of Warmode.

Bugged on wyrmrest accord as well.

1 Like

Appears to still be bugged on Area 52 server. I had tried joining various groups to hop shards that may have it non-bugged. No luck. Even tried Warmode.

However, If you play a Mage there is a work-around. Fly up above the rock you cannot reach and use Altered Time. Once you use it, Go down and grab the supplies to climb as normal. Once Altered Time expires it will port you back up allowing you to do the quest as normal.

Player on Area 52 server gave me that tip tonight.

You shouldn’t have to resort to exploiting in order to do a broken quest people have reported for over 4 months now with no actual permanent fix. The company needs to cut corporate board salaries to pay for better devs to actually fix this service everyone pays monthly for.

4 Likes

I guess if you see groups from Zul’jin in LFG give them a try.

Not sure why shard would matter, but haven’t had an issue with this WQ yet, on multiple toons.

Was broken on MoonGuard last night too, had to use the Drake Passenger trick with my friend to get the quest completed for the two of us.

Okay here is how ridiculous this broken quest is.

From my account I have had the quest broken on 2 toons and working on 3 toons.
On the same server and within a period of 20 mins.

I literally flew all the toons down to the WQ, logged in with each of them to see if I could do the WQ and three could but the other two couldn’t.