World of Warcraft Pays Homage to Diablo with the Greedy Emissary Event

It wouldn’t have mattered. People would still complain. People asked for this one, they got it. Twice.

To me, there’s nothing wrong with what they did. It’s marketing. You got it for six months before those who get it now. Six months for $25. Seems like smart marketing to me.

For me, the “standards” thing doesn’t really give me perspective, because this isn’t the first time in the world that a company sold something then gave it away later for a promotion.

But again, I’m not telling you that you can’t be a little salty. I just believe this “standards” thing to be a bit it much. That’s just me, though.

Sorry if I annoyed you. I probably shouldn’t have gotten into this debate. That’s my fault. I didn’t mean to make this into a frustrating conversation.

3 Likes

Totally not annoyed, sorry if it seemed that way. We can agree to disagree. :smiley:

3 Likes

It’s kind of slimy to list a mount on the store and charge $20 for it just to give it away for free a couple months later.

Give the players who spent money on it a $20 credit

5 Likes

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts: You’re good people.

1 Like

Sorry, blowing on the spicy wings won’t help. They’ll still be hot.

Where the goblins???

Can someone clarifies to the community that Server time is PDT? Since Servers are located at Irvine.

Maybe using Realm Time on Blue post will be better for the game or change the calendar to use Realm time instead of PDT

When : May 25 at (10:00 a.m., Server Time) through June 14

2 Likes

Apparently they messed up and EU were spawning the goblin back to back to back, they had to hotfix it. Probably double checking for NA release now lmao

That is how most events work, so I would be surprised if this is different. 10am Pacific is 1pm my time so…that is what I was planning on.

I know because of love rocket event but it’s always confusing for a lot of players, calendar should use realm time, We don’t have pdt in game and there’s players from a lot of different countries and time zones.

Or do blue post mentioning something like PDT instead of “server time” , some players confuse server and realm .

They are not, well, not all of them.

Halfish of the servers are located in chicago.

BUT, for some reason events always say “Server time” but really its 10 am pacific.

1 Like

You’re right but they take the main server located in pacific time as reference…this shouldn’t be this confusing :S just use a standard time in game or type PDT in their post.

The announcement said “Server time”

that is literally 11 presses of keys that someone had to type out and then post to the website. I’m pretty sure it’s because they messed up on the EU release that it’s not on US servers rn

1 Like

There is a reason for that now …many many promotion events have by laws for which ever region they are offered in …so blizzard lawyers have to go though all the fine print to make sure they are not in wrong on giving away or selling past products from former events …there is a lot of mumble jumble in laws from around the world now.

Guessing this is actually PDT then, since nothing has popped in Azure Span.

2 Likes

Eh, I have it and I don’t even remember how I got it. It doesn’t bother me if other people can get things I acquired, regardless of how I got them.

Bring everything back, IMO. Cosmetics are cool and seeing stuff you like and learning it’s no longer obtainable kinda sucks. I don’t see any value to having something someone else never will. Doesn’t make me use that mount more. lol

You more then likely got it back during Cata when there was a promotion for it…The Annual pass that came out during Cata you agreed to keep a active Sub for 1 yr in order too get Diablo 3 free …the mount and a Beta Key too MoP …

Goblins have so little HP, the server lagged longer than it was alive lol.

Wait it spawned in NA!? God dang it. Spent an hour and a half waiting and decided to do a M+…

I think they take a second to scale. Just had one spawn and get knocked down to 50% instantly before it went up to 40 million health or whatever.