World of Warcraft - Midnight

I mean wiping out trolls is mostly what troll content is. We’ve ran out of cities to hit so we may as well give Zul’Aman a third pass.

15 Likes

Technically there is still Zul’Dare so if they’re stubborn they could make out of it another instance. But I am still annoyed that the foreshadowed plot of uniting trolls was dropped and elves got it instead. The prophecy in the book, Rastakhan’s death, Rokhan’s Attempts in Arathi, Sand troll skin available… Vol’jin’s words “For the Darskpear and all the tribes!”… like come on…

If I would put my tinfoil hat on, I would take the wording “elven tribes” as a wink from devs to show that they did it on purpose.

(Btw tinfoil har should be a true cosmetic item available in this game. I’d use it).

3 Likes

I wouldn’t expect it to be the same Quel’thalas map as the BC one currently in-game, tbh. The zones are way smaller than the current standard, especially with dynamic flying, so they’ll probably remake them from the ground up to accommodate that. There will probably be two QT’s once Midnight is out, like how there’s two Dalarans.

6 Likes

How about:

Silvermoon revamps the abandoned, destroyed half of the city and non-Horde people can use that. The current populated side of SIlvermoon stays Horde only.

That’s how modern military forces operate out of other nations’ bases.

2 Likes

Unsure about what her previous deaths were, but if Xalatath’s third death is the end boss of the last raid in TWW, then the usher in our coming would make perfect sense as to why Midnight is the expansion after TWW.

1 Like

This feels like an exaggeration, I see no issue with the Alliance (our allies) being able to be in Silvermoon.

Didn’t he already surpass him by not selling his people out to the Legion?

3 Likes

As long as lorewise the Sin’dorei remain in the Horde i have no issues with it. Give the Ren’dorei like an exclave somewhere.

6 Likes

No it was buried as a trophy, Guruabshi priest revered it as a loa and empowered that thing, once it woke up Aquir Wars started. It was thanks to Amani that this thing was slain as they made a heroic stand. They killed a beaing Tyr failed to kill and in a way avenging him. And look how they were repaid.

1 Like

That’s what they have to be careful about, yes. One thing for Quel’Thalas the zone to serve as a neutral questing hub - 95% of content in modern WoW is functionally neutral - but quite another for Quel’Thalas the kingdom, home faction of the blood elves, to canonically leave the Horde.

Amirdrassil will be an interesting canary down the mine. If the Forsaken’s involvement in the patch somehow compels the night elves to declare their new capital indefinitely and officially neutral to their good friends in the Horde, I’ll know we’re in trouble.

3 Likes

What would be cool would be if it was another step in loosening the factions. You have “Old Elves” (Nightborne and Night Elves). The distinction is arcane which Blizzard undercut a long time ago with Night Elf mages. And you have Blood Elves and Void Elves, which just become difference factions in the war of light v. dark.

And Blizzard simply has all kinds of Elves on both sides.

I don’t see Slivermoon actually being neutral without Amadrasil (or whatever capital they give to the NEs) also being neutral.

2 Likes

I wonder if there will be some Amani caught up in the Voidstorm, giving us Void Trolls to encounter (and play as later on).

It would be reminiscent of how Void Elves joined the Alliance.

“You wanted High Elves in the Alliance, you get Void Elves.”

“You wanted Amani in the Horde, you get Void Amani.”

5 Likes

It would be pretty funny if Amani was the Earthen of Midnight.

6 Likes

Id love if the revantusk became playable on horde side. Have been allied with them for a long time.

8 Likes

When Chris metzen said uniting the Elven tribes, in my mind I considered only the thalassian variants, so, High Elves, Blood Elves and Void Elves, and Nightborne would help as being part of the horde and Thalyssra being married to Lorthemar.

While I personally am very interested in protecting the sunwell and Quel’thalas, I doubt any night elf in universe would care, but this story happening one expansion away can lead to many developments.

Of all the elven groups, all their leaders are at odds in more than one way.

Tyrande, Lor’themar, Vereesa, Alleria/Umbric and Thalyssra and if We include the Naga, which is more wild since they served old gods, There is Azshara.

Tyrande, Lorthemar and Thalyssra hate Azshara, Lorthemar doesnt like void elves and is wary of Umbric and Alleria, Thalyssra and Tyrande don’t see eye to eye (reminder that Tyrande is also from Suramar), vereesa doesn’t seem to like Lorthemar and so on and so forth.

So, there is weirdly only one character that could potentially make all those groups work together, and that character would be Illidan, exception being the high elves, but all other races have worked with or for Illidan in some way, and the Last Titan will supposedly be when all titans arrive in Azeroth, so maybe Illidan returned earlier?

They’re building up Alleria Windrunner as she chases after Xal’atath which reminds me of Khadgar chasing after Gul’dan. If Midnight is the Void expansion, I don’t know any other race better fit to represent this theme and know everything there needs to know about it among the playable races. I figure with Quel’thelas being attacked by the Void the Void Elves will be there to defend it or subvert it, but I bet by the end of this expansion the Ren’dorei will become invaluable allies to the defence of Silvermoon.

I think it’s silly to doubt the void elves will be front and center when the main villain is Xalatath and one of the main heroes is Alleria.

2 Likes

I meant her faction she leads. The Void will be invading and transforming Quel’thelas. The whole point of Void Elves researching the Void was to defend Silvermoon. These guys will be on the front lines along with all flavor of elves, but wouldn’t you want the masters of shadow magics on your side? Especially considering who’s invading.

Oh, I’m agreeing with you.

Midnight is about the void and about elves. It’s clear void elves are going to be the most prominent group.

2 Likes

Could Etherals and Karesh be one of the content patches?

Also with Alleria calling herself a Void Hunter, could be a new hero class.

2 Likes