World of Warcraft - Midnight

I wouldn’t bet on Quel’thalas only being a temporary expansion hub. I don’t think they’ve ever done that before, and it’d also screw with mage portal locations.

Hypothetically it could be a phase toggle, true, but it would only be to an alliance player’s deficit to leave that toggle set to “no hub allowed”.

2 Likes

There’s no way Azshara doesn’t show up as a villain to be put down again, likely for good this time.

It is an odd choice of word, because when you think of the communities and civilizations the various elves have spawned, the word “tribes” isn’t the first word that may come to mind to describe it, but it is still accurate descriptor.

The tables I will flip if they kill off Lor’themar. I also hope they don’t sideline Thalyssra during these events by making her pregnant or something. :face_exhaling:

That’s really cool man. Thanks for telling me about this High Elf idea. As a staunch Horde Blood Elf player, I’ve always disliked calls for High Elves because, as you said, there’s a lot of trolls. But if the High Elves actually were added as an allied race with the kind of focus you mentioned, then I’d be okay with it. I’d still have a lot of fun being a Blood Elf in game having a distaste for High Elves on par with that of the Forsaken/Worgen.

On a related note, I’m glad Metzen’s news is troubling to more than just Blood Elf players. As someone who wanted High Elves, did many High Elf hopefuls agree with your wishes for the race? Most of what I see from that crowd is just “give Silvermoon to the High Elves” or in the case of Turtle WoW, retcon out the Blood Elf story.

3 Likes

I’m going to hazard a guess on, no. It’s hard to sift the trolls from serious players, but there’s a lot of High Elf fans out there excited by Midnight, and who seem perfectly fine going back to Quel’Thalas. I mean, any port in a storm I guess. It’s not what I personally would have preferred.

Speaking for myself, the idea of the Void Elves wanting Quel’Thalas has always been a headscratcher. They’ve got the Telogrus Rift. Imagine if all of Silvermoon City was contained inside the Sunwell. That’s basically the Telogrus Rift for the Void Elves. Why should they want to leave that? But Alleria wants Quel’Thalas back in the Alliance and a lot of players jumped on that.

Didn’t Cata and BFA make Orgrimmar and Stormwind the respective hubs for their factions and then move to a different hub for the next expansion? If Silvermoon City becomes a hub (which is still an uncertainty), it’s unlikely it’d remain the hub for Last Titan when events are happening in Northrend.

I mean, it would be to an Alliance player’s detriment being on the “no hub allowed” toggle, but I don’t think Blizzard really care about which toggle the rival faction will be on. The toggle system was primarily to the benefit of the respective faction, allowing Alliance to still be in Darnassus and Horde to still be in Undercity. Likewise, adding an easy toggle for post Midnight would be primarily for the Horde’s benefit with the Alliance still benefiting from being on the Midnight Toggle.

Amen. You and me both. Either of those scenarios would be terrible

Ahh, yeah… that makes more sense I’m afraid. That lines up more with my own experience.

As for the Void Elves, that’s a great point. It really is just Alleria who wants Silvermoon. Void Elves have largely moved on from it.

As for Midnight though, I honestly think it’s too little is known about it. I think the best route is to assume nothing and just wait for more news. I think High Elf supporters are setting themselves up for possible disappointment and Blood Elf players potentially are dreading an expansion they might love.

1 Like

Like I said before, if Blizzard is smart, we’ll get Ethereals as an Allied Race in Midnight, and Blood Elves and Void Elves will get some more, ‘High Elf,’ flavored customizations to round it out.

I don’t have high hopes for Midnight otherwise. I’d be willing to put money down on Sylvanas coming back and stealing the show somehow.

1 Like

Hopefully Liadrin gets a unique model, similar to her hearthstone appearance

1 Like

All of those seem like the best case scnario (albeit I’m unsure if its too soon for Sylvanas to return). Here’s hoping we get Ethereals as an allied race.

1 Like

I know neither is a monarch but if they ever solidified power (even though neither want to)… their child could pull a Moira’s son (can’t remember the name) and be the ruler of multiple Kingdoms.

Long live the Sindorei-Nightborne Alliance.

Here! Here! May the Shal’Dorei and Sin’Dorei be forever allies!

1 Like

Moria’s son is Dagran Thaurissan II.

3 Likes

Thank you can never remember his name always want to call him Dagger.

2 Likes

Rommath, too. He’ll have been in line for a glow up for longer than Phil Leotardo did time by the time this thing releases.

I’d say Halduron deserves one too, but I worry for him. He’s unfortunately the more expendable elven ranger-general.

5 Likes

Your welcome and Dagger honestly sounds like a fitting dwarf name.

1 Like

Amen! :smiley:

2 Likes

What efforts are being made to differentiate all 3 coming expansions from each other?

Each expansion will be a full expansion with a full suite of activities and zones for players to do. While the story will carry over, there’s also a lot of individual smaller local stories that will animate these new environments. Want to ensure that we can cohesively tell the story across 3 expansions, but that each one is independently exciting and standalone. Zones and story in Midnight are already underway. Very good now at working at multiple things simultaneously and have built out that pipeline to be able to work on expansions in parallel.

Zones and storyline work for WoW: Midnight is already being developed. I’m going to try my best to be content with The War Within info in the meantime, but I’m already itching for more about Midnight.

She’s long past due for getting a unique model. Beyond that, I’m worried about Liadrin in an expansion where the void is running amok. If they pull some garbage where she is corrupted by the void and becomes an enemy… :face_exhaling:

3 Likes

“Watch ya back” - Dagger the Dwarf.

3 Likes

The presenters being like “Finally, elves! It’s our turn. We finally get content.”

Yeah, finally some elf content. We’ve waited weeks for this. :roll_eyes:

7 Likes

Hey now, if you are good maybe we will get some troll content.

It will be us probably exterminating the remaining Amani, but it will be troll content!

Nothing brings together the various Elven subgroups like wiping out our checks notes ancestors.

12 Likes