World of Warcraft - Midnight

Works for me, I’ve been wanting to shank the void goddess since she returned and felt she actually had the right to say Quel’thalas should be Alliance.

1 Like

It’s weird to be talking about an expansion that’s coming out in… what, late 2025 at the earliest? I’m not sure what the point of the triple announcement even was.

That said, I’m going to be the contrarian here: I adore Blood Elves, but I’ve always seen them as allies of convenience for the Horde rather than “real members.” If they split off and form what is essentially a third faction (for story purposes if not gameplay) then so be it. I think that’s a cooler story than pretending that they have some kind of sacred bond with the Orcs that has to persist forever.

And, hey: maybe if they do blow up the Sunwell we’ll get our edgelord mana-vampire Blood Elves back. Fingers crossed.

6 Likes

I’m worried about that as well. Hell, give alliance gilneas or something if they must. Blood elves shouldn’t be sharing their city with alliance.

9 Likes

Quelthelas will probably be the new neutral capital and the Sunwell will send us to the voidlands. I very much doubt this expansion will revamp any of the old world in any extensive way.

1 Like

Northern Lordaeron through might have a Alliance High Elf City.

2 Likes

hopefully it does and blood elves can be edgy magic addicts again and suck the light as atheist palas and all the stuff that got neutered from bc

6 Likes

They had screenshot leaks for the revamped Northern world for quite sometime, if I remember correctly, Stratholme was actually updated and more primed to be a central hub. Much of the mushrooms were cut down and a lot of greenery was added to the zone.

Imgur
Imgur

This was in, 2020? Pre-N’zoth encounter-- whenever that was.

2 Likes

that looks like private server stuff

5 Likes

I’m thinking that refers to Xalatath. First death was whatever caused her to be put into the dagger, second being when we killed the person whose body she now inhabits, third being her defeat as a raid boss at the end of TWW which somehow causes Midnight to happen.

7 Likes

Not currently, but if she offers the only means to stop the Void. What then? What would the elves do if their former Queen offered them one chance to save them all? I’m just thinking who can unite and lead with all surviving elves agreeing. They have two years to build a narrative which justifies all the surviving elven tribes being united under one banner and building on what this new Elven faction would look like.

We know Quel’thelas will be updated, but I don’t think they’d miss the opportunity to revamp Lordaeron and the Eastern Kingdoms. Least the Northern part. If Midnight is the Void Expansion, then logically Void Elves will be front and center, and of course this army of Light fighting against the Void trying to turn the Sunwell.

How are like twenty guys going to help against the void?

4 Likes

I posted this in the other thread, but again, I think it’s just too on the nose not to be true.

In the short books Blizzard relased awhile ago, Alleria made note that she believed when she gave herself to the Void Naaru, that felt as if she died for the second time.

High Exarch Turalyon says: It is unsettling to look upon these memorials to our passing.
Alleria Windrunner says: Indeed. Sometimes I feel that I have already died twice. Once when we were presumed lost on Draenor, and again when gripped by the shadow of the fallen naaru.
Alleria Windrunner says: Perhaps death is the true legacy of the Windrunners.
High Exarch Turalyon says: You’re anxious. You hide it well… but I know you.

Alleria is becoming a major figure in TWW, and it’s said we are going to Sunwell in Midnight… it’s just too convenient and I don’t think Blizzard is going to do any crazy “gotcha” moments with these 3 expansions.

1 Like

Not to mention the “rivalry” between her and Xal’atath. Plus the void did use Alleria before to try and use the Sunwell as a gateway. As seen in the Nightborne recruitment chain.

2 Likes

yeah, even in the Seat of the Triumvirate, Xal’atath mentions Alleria’s folly.

Xal’atath whispers: The caterpillar has become the butterfly. She is all but ours now. (after Alleria Windrunner’s transformation in the Seat of the Triumvirate - Cutscene here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ii1-JEPHGw)

1 Like

Sorry to say it but it’s probably destined to happen. Why? Because it isn’t TBC anymore. Modern blizzard cannot fathom adding a capital city for one faction. They need people crammed like sardines to facilitate that there are many players playing all the time illusion.

3 Likes

We had faction only capitals in BFA. What are you going on about? Like how Modern is “Modern Blizzard” for you?

Only TBC, Wrath, Legion, Shadowlands, Dragonflight and the upcoming expansion have had neutral capital cities. And for two of them it is the same city.

Also weird how you said

Given that TBC brought in the first neutral capital city with Shattrah.

5 Likes

TBC was the original team up for peacecraft expansion and I dont like it
actually TBC worst expansion ever. worse than shadowlands and warlords cool art though.

He’s probably referring to Silvermoon and the Exodar.

1 Like

Flip her the bird, team up to kill her in the blink of an eye, and proceed to save themselves.

8 Likes