World of Warcraft Has No High Heels

we need converse high tops as well.

Most people who have worn high heels can tell you they absoutely suck.

They exist purely because human monkey brains decided woman heel in funny position make horni. And at the same time our monkey brains want to conform to fit in, so we wear them.

4 Likes

Iā€™m sure this has all been said before, butā€¦

1. Wonder Woman is a nigh-invulnerable demi-goddess, she can wear w/e she wants and doesnā€™t have to worry too much about how much it protects her or is practical.
  2. WoW has a lot of other issues with armor and such, like I think night heels would be a great addition to WoW if they could figure out hitbox/model changes regarding their use.

High heels were originally used by ancient calvary to secure the riderā€™s feet to saddle stirrups, but were eventually phased out and adopted by civilians as a status symbol. So they do have a place in martial aesthetics.

Iā€™m not against high heels or armored boots with heels as a transmog option. But before that, Iā€™d rather have stilt modifications for my mechanized legs so I donā€™t always have to pester my Elf partner to get stuff out of the top cabinet for me.

1 Like

You bettaā€™ zug!

They also didnā€™t have skirts for the longest time because of a technical limitation. Considering what certain lawsuits revealed about their frat culture Iā€™m sure it was more a limitation of the engineā€™s ability than any thoughtful, feminist intent towards the world of Azeroth.

Fact is WoWā€™s model system is incredibly janky and backwards, at this stage itā€™s a disgrace. Sure painting things on makes it easier with all these differently shaped furry races compared to say FFXIVā€™s relatively simple selection of human and human-ish races. But even that doesnā€™t work right, holstered items go through characters, sit in the wrong places, clip through each other, fit on some races right and not on others. WoW frankly isnā€™t a game you play if you care about character looks. Cheapo Asian MMORPGā€™s and even many more popular western ones like BDO, GW2, etc have it handily beat in quality of the wearables, variety, and the way it fits on characters.

Hooves are built in high-heels.

2 Likes

Lets be real here they donā€™t have high heels because model issues no other reason but yeah running in high heels is a bad idea definitely not adventuring shoes.

1 Like

Searching memory, sorry old man here,there were appearance slippers in Draenor somewhere my mage looted and vended, but I donā€™t recall where at the moment , so they do exist. I will sift through the wardrobe and get back to you if I see the mog saved.

There was a post about gender identity that looks like its been deleted that I replied to and the same male , troll, mage received a purple 444 gown for the emerald dream rep quest .
Just letting you know, My mage will strangle the monster with his epic boa and gouge his eyes with his plainsrunner breeze stilletos , if that is what he has to doā€¦

I dont see why the slippers cant be a trading post item and maybe some dress shoes or something in the future for female players. ( and angry troll mages)

Hereā€™s my contribution to high heel(ed) content

High heels would likely require a skeleton tweak. Since humans move a certain way when we wear those. Walk on your tippy toes like a dinosaur for a bit and youā€™ll see.

Then again if Tim Curry could chase Susan Sarandon in heels for Rocky Horror Picture Show, its really not that difficult to make work in a combat setting.

Is that the reason they were dragged by the stirrups when they fell off? ouch.

I want these

1 Like

Imagine what an Draenei engineer would do with this heels even if they had them, :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Didnā€™t Tyrandeā€™s Cata model have high heels? Also like, all the female venthyr?

Edit: then again those were built that way . . . Ainā€™t happening any time soon for players.

High heels arenā€™t ever a good idea, but everyone has the god given right to embrace horrible ideas.

Possibly. Definitely not a position Iā€™d want to find myself in. :joy:

What they were used for was it allowed soldiers to draw their bow more effectively on horseback by being able to take their hands of of the reigns, and straighten their spine to draw without being thrown off as the horse charged at top speed.

The design didnā€™t go away completely as even the heels of cowboy boots help secure the feet in stirrups, but are better designed for walking after the rider dismounts. Calvary was as good as dead when thrown off so heels werenā€™t ā€œmeantā€ to be walked inā€¦thatā€™s why high heels practically require training to move in.

Blizz art fails hard with hands - Iā€™d hate to see what kind of twisted mess theyā€™d make of high heels.

Linden Labā€™s ā€˜Second Lifeā€™ worked out all those details back in 2005 on a shoestring budget; creating an engine so flexible that even user-created community-driven clothing designs are commonplace.

So much more could be done by Blizz - if they wanted to.

Second Life Marketplace - Womenā€™s Heels

I didnā€™t say it would be difficult. I was just rambling.