World of Warcraft Has No High Heels

One of the better things about Wow and Women is that all of the foot wear has either flat heels similar to moccasins or has normal heels like shoes or boots. The women walk around in sensible footwear for female adventurers and fighters.

Why I’m I saying this? Well I happened to watch the movie Wonder Woman starring Gal Godot. A beautiful woman by all rights. I enjoyed the film immensely. But there was one thing that bothered me and I couldn’t place it right away but after some time I realized what it was. Wonder Woman’s boots. They had high heels. The reason I didn’t see it before was the shoe is one piece the heel isn’t separated but it is there about six inches worth.

I have seen this type of thing before where the female hero is running around, jumping, climbing. Martial arts fighting. Doing leaps and somersaults. Landing hard on her feet while wearing high heels. I find that is just ludicrous. That would be as bad as expecting a modern army female soldier to go into combat wearing Armani six inch stiletto heels.

So, I’m very happy that the blizzard art department portrays female footwear that is normal for the occasions. To be honest. I could never understand why women in the real world wear those spindly high heels. I think they are unhealthy for women. Easy to twist an ankle, loose balance and fall down. Those thin heels break. Etc.

So yeah, good for you blizzard art department.

10 Likes

I’m pretty sure it’s because of a limitation on the character models more so than an artistic choice lol.

37 Likes

high heels arent practical in war.

10 Likes

I think they dont do high heels because the user would be flying above the ground like Koranos, the guy is rock solid but always floating in the air

Cool transmog = better dps

13 Likes

Yeah, the models for WoW are incredibly janky so they keep things as simple as possible.

5 Likes

Neither are giant pauldrons but that’s never stopped anyone.

3 Likes

this is false. In Europe they held the shield in hand, but in Far East they wore the shield onto their arm and shoulder. (but i doubt they knew that when they made them).

1 Like

We have literal civilian mog sets.

“Valdrakken Civilian Clothing”

1 Like

Let me clarify: giant pauldrons aren’t practical if you’re actually going to get in a fight with a real army.

perfectly realistic.

ish

3 Likes

That’s ridiculously unrealistic! I mean, mutton chops and a goatee? :nauseated_face:

2 Likes

I want :high_heel::high_heel: stilettos!

4 Likes

[quote=“Robokappa, post:7, topic:1727401, username:Robokappa-sargeras”]
this is false. In Europe they held the shield in hand, but in Far East they wore the shield onto their arm and shoulder. (but i doubt they knew that when they made them).

Now this makes my point just look at this Samurai’s feet. See how comfortable that footwear looks. This soldier is ready for battle.

1 Like

Then roll a draenei!

2 Likes

Furtuna. Wouldn’t it be great if Draenei could paint their hooves! I wonder why no ones thought of that?

Yes, and elves should be able to paint our toes.

Yes indeed. I saw a shoe-less Blood Elf and her toenails were painted red. I think Blizz could allow for transmog on toenails.

Hi Rita. Hugs. Well ok just for you then. How about sparkly glass slippers.

But Blizzard I’m a MATERIAL GWORL :high_heel:

Zug zug!

17 Likes

I wonder if we can re-open some of those Southshore camps…