World of Warcraft: Dragonflight Talent Preview - Priest

Forreal! Why would they not include flash con but include lightwell?

2 Likes

If we’re bringing back older thematic spells for holy, the old sparkle floor back as an upgrade to sanctify would be neat. Cast sanctify at the location and it leaves the old heal pool there for like 5 seconds to do extra healing. It was a really pretty graphic affect that i think is just used for a pvp talent now.

Looking at the damage options, holys gonna be gcd locked while dpsing between the holy fire build multidotting and mindblast/mindfiend mangement for burst periods so having lightwell throw out healing while being focused on damage seems fine as long as the heal is decent. Maybe not end point talent worthy but Definity fine having it back.

2 Likes

Meaning that you didn’t want it in the game at all, correct? If you’re being fully 100% truthful, you did not want this spell to make a return. Now that there is the leggo effect thing of it going to you you aren’t as mad about it, but still to a degree are mad about it.

I liked most of the things in the Spriest tree, what I did not like is their placements for said talents, though, as half of them do not make sense in their placement and then the other half are good where they are.

I like them doing more DoT things for a DoT spec, I dislike that they throw in more direct damage talents/approaches with the DoT things, instead of focusing everything into a DoT side, a direct damage side, and then some middleground.

Mostly good tree, bad placements for a bit of these rows and talents, bad choices for some rows, period.

It’s not needless. PI is very cool and fun in keys. Just because raiders make about it it isn’t a good reason to get rid of it.

3 Likes

So replace my “class” with “spec” and my comment stands lol. The only valid concern is if necessary content requires an interrupt. And even then not every spec can solo every piece of content so I’m ok with saying “you might need another player to help you solo the rare elite mob…”

90% of the time it would be a dead spell I guess, because there are not that much situations where the group cuddles together for healing. Most of the time the raid is moving or spread out and with a 10(?)yd range this thing will be useless. Just as it was useless before and finally got removed…

Yes please. I’d like that.

3 Likes

Discipline is still entirely Atonement based.

Was there no thought at all to making bubble-spam a possibility again? Some of us remember and enjoyed that playstyle. Clarity of Will?

5 Likes

Seeing new Priest spells and talents are cool, those are fun and exciting things to look forward too.

However, this:

• “Does this mean it’s possible to make very ‘bad’ builds?”
    • In short, yes. There are limits and guardrails here, such as those abilities that are automatically given. And furthermore, our goal in designing the trees is not to trap players in complicated choices in order to make a functional build; in fact, it’s the opposite—it’s to set up the trees with intuitive paths that lead you to reasonable builds. But a key philosophy of this rework is to keep the player in the driver’s seat of their character’s growth within their class.

This feels very bad. And that’s not to say that people shouldn’t have a choice or shouldn’t be able to experiment, etc…

But knowing that there are “bad builds” implies that there are “good” or “correct” ones as well. And if those “correct ones” are what people should be playing anyways… then why even have the bad builds to begin with?

You’re setting players up for failure and non beneficial choices of needs vs wants.

I want to play with these new talents, but I NEED Dispersion, cool. That took away 6 talent points from things I actually want.

7 Likes

It can be rid of, or it can be a self only buff is what I’m saying. It being there able to be casted on others is literally what is creating the drama. Why can’t they just literally make it a self only buff? That wouldn’t kill people’s fun.

Hoping that Kyrian Spear and Conqeror’s Banner make it into the Warriors tree.

It’d be super cool to have the Diablo/Hots Butcher hook as a physical spear instead of kyrian magic.

Yea…I had to laugh at that.

Shadow tree feels very awful when looking to dumb 10 points at the very bottom and having to take up 6 points just to get to one node at the bottom leaving to have very little choice.

1 Like

Please… just remove PI from the tree, it’s completely degenerate gameplay and causes unnecessary friction.

2 Likes

Love it when DPS players talk about healers and what should be removed…

5 Likes

No. To reduce degeneracy they just need to put a forbearance debuff on its use. The friction is entirely player made, its not the spell’s fault.

4 Likes

That or just make it the same as every other class’s CDs: like no other class gets to share their important CDs with anyone else. Warlocks can’t share DS:M with others. Druids can’t share their Incarnation with others. Paladins don’t share their wings. Like, why is this one able to be shared at all?

You’d avoid unnecessary drama just making it a regular Priest CD. It can still stay in as a talent, just make it only on that player and nobody else.

Or just make it a self only buff.

3 Likes

Blizzard I am begging you. Do not waste your developers time trying to make Lightwell work. We have been through this so many times.

8 Likes

Make PI a personal cd

3 Likes

Honestly I’d just make it party shared if they must have it be shared at all. Put it on a 2min CD.

1 Like

You’d still create drama then, because parties can only be 5 people. If it’s raid wide, you’d avoid the drama since everyone would get it. If it’s a personal CD, you’d avoid the drama. Those are literally the only 2 ways to keep it in the game and not have it cause a lot of drama.