World of Warcraft: Dragonflight Talent Preview - Priest

I think the class tree is going to see some change in alpha/beta. The bonus while shielded doesn’t belong on what is arguably the only “holy” column of the four capstone paths, holy doesn’t want to shield others, let alone itself.

If Mind Blast doesn’t get replaced by holy fire, the pet path down the shadow side of the tree is hit with a barrier to use of being forced to take a mindblast talent and incorporate it in your rotation with the later talents for the pet.

In the end playing it in beta is going to be necessary to really see how it goes, but I have a few doubts.

Terrible, just awful.

The only way I won’t use it is if it heals bosses, so it being good doesn’t particularly matter to me. You could just… not take it and take one of the other talents instead? That’s the great thing about talent trees, there are choices.

Oh no. A single spell won’t make me main a class. Truly it is the worst spell ever created.

I bet you main Holy for Renew, the single coolest and most awesome spell in the game.

1 Like

Please remove external CDs like PI. Or at least rework PI to be a self-cast-only ability that boosts healing and damage for X seconds.

1 Like

I get that. What I’m saying is every healer should have one or none of them should.

You mean the thing that is actually CORE about the priest and not the memewell? The thing that literally got you laughed at for taking?

Lightwell being the last talent for the Holy Tree is not ok.

3 Likes

Thank you! <3 And thanks for keeping PI, since a lot of toxic gamers that don’t play the class want it to be deleted.

Also thanks for Mindgames, I really like that spell!

5 Likes

That might be the thought from one of those devs working on it.
No f’ing clue about the spec or how it works, but has some nostalgic memories from 13 years ago and builds the talent tree around personal happiness and something they saw back then.
Isn’t that just great.

2 Likes

What’s even funnier is the guy I’m responding to doesn’t even play priest. He did back in WotLK and that was it lmao. These are the folks that support this garbage talent.

3 Likes

But hold on, consider this for a second:

What if it’s good?

1 Like

Yay,gotta wonder about the logic of bringing back a completly useless spell like lightwell.

3 Likes

There’s a reason this thing is not in the game anymore and ascended to meme status.

2 Likes

We’ve been through this talent with 5 iterations. It will NEVER be good. It is a failed experiment that keeps resurfacing for some freaking reason.

3 Likes

It’s an annoying spell to use. There are some spells that, regardless of the intention and regardless of how good or bad they actually are numerically, they’re just too annoying and need to go and stay gone. Apparently for a lot of players that spell is Lightwell.

1 Like

Except it is a poorly designed and clunky mechanic that needs to be fixed regardless if you have other options. The solution to a poor built mechanic shouldn’t be greatfulness that you might be able to skip it.

It has been universally disliked by those that have played the spec since it was introduced. Its not really a choice if one of them is just not fun to play.

3 Likes

This looks so amazing to me. I have looked through the shadow talent tree and i love that there is more emphasize on vampiric touch. I also like the new iteration of dark thoughts.
PI is still in the game, but that doesnt matter too much as i can see that you have added the legendary effect where the effect also applies to the caster.

Overall i’m very satisfied. Keep up the good work! (Hope the tree doesn’t change too much to be less fun just because people complain a lot. Remember that you can’t make everyone happy and that people like me who enjoy your work exists :slight_smile: )

Only feedback I have is that it would be nice if you could make shadow’s aoe rotation more fun. Currently it would be nice if there was anyway to spread dots around, or a better alternative to mind sear. Maybe mind sear spreads dots? I just wish the spec was better in m+.

1 Like

I don’t remember saying I don’t play Priest. I said I didn’t main Priest.

Yeah and it shows.

2 Likes

People are complaining about lightwell but the main issue with it back in the day was clicking on it. In practice this one might be similar to an aoe placed heal like the druid’s mushroom circle thing

1 Like

It hasn’t been that way since WotLK. Folks that have played Holy for years know that Lightwell just doesn’t work. It’s been automated for years now when an option.

2 Likes