World of Warcraft: Dragonflight Talent Preview - Priest

Can you use the tree in the background of the resto talents as the tree of life form? The current tree of life is not very visually appealing.

Also can we get some more polys on treant form and some color options for the leaves in the barber shop?

Also add these to the resto tree?

Force of Nature
Summons a stand of 3 Treants for 10 sec which immediately heal allies with Healing Touch.

Insect Swarm
Command a swarm that heals allies or deals Nature damage over 12 sec to an enemy target, and increases the effectiveness of your periodic effects on them by 25%.

Upon expiration, jumps to a target within 25 yards, alternating between friend and foe up to 3 times.

Living Seed
10% of your overhealing received or done plants a Living Seed on the target for up to 10% of the caster’s health. The Living Seed will bloom when the target is next attacked. Lasts 15 sec.

Explaination:

Bake Adaptive Swarm into Insect Swarm (a beloved and original druid ability) more intuned with nature then the blight/ necrotic adaptive swarm.

Bake Living Seed & Empowered Chrysalis into a new talent, probably replacing Convoke Spirits (its kind of an unimaginative ability that just casts a bunch of random abilities) Also its more of a Shaman spell as they converse with spirits & elements. So it sort of outside the druids class fantasy. But this is a nice way to give druids something for their overhealing dilemas.

Let resto summon treants again and give them the old school/ beloved healing touch as a throw back node to the good ole days.

You can pick up mass dispell and leap at the same time, its not one per row, theyre just 1 talent point each and since they stem off the same combined node it’ll be super easy to get them 1 level apart.

I’d rather not have all these spells that are baseline now in a talent tree.
In my opinion it’s just wasted development time and it doesn’t even feel good. Those are abilities that I’ve played with for years and I don’t see the point in having them in a talent tree and getting them back.

What I wanted to see from new talent trees were enhancements to existing spells and some of the talents from the current talent tree and legendaries/covenants sprinkled in. That would’ve been innovative and much more exciting.

8 Likes

Disc has a option for silence. It’s in the 10th row of the Disc tree. Wickedness buffs Divine Star to deal Shadow Damage, apply a Shadow Damage Dot, and silence for 2 seconds.

brought that up in a later post yes.

Looking farther in, Disc does get an interrupt by talenting to improve divine star, and shadow gets silence like normal. Could holy get a talent or have it added to censure that if its on a stun immune target it acts as a silence like demo warlocks got with their felguards.

1 Like

This is deeply upsetting.
It’s just bad.
Shadow has the same lackluster utility for M+, which means unless they are top damage, they will never be brought to a M+ group. Our AoE CC options are either a very delayed pseudo interrupt or a melee AoE interrupt that is STILL limited to 5 targets… why??? Warlock’s Howl of Fear is just a straight up better version of Psychic Scream, silence being a 45 sec/30 sec CD for absolutely no good reason (you wanna make it a pvp thing with the stupid silence aspect? MAKE IT A PVP THING, GIVE US A STANDARD INTERRUPT, IT’S NOT THAT COMPLICATED)

PI is still there AND you’re giving Twins as a talent : read your comments, WE DON’T LIKE PI AS AN EXTERNAL

This feels like a mean joke
It’s like you guys looked at all the handicaps shadow has acquired over the years, never questioned them, and decided to carry them over. This is lazy at best

5 Likes

But now you will have the legendary power on talent: Twins of the Sun Priestess: Power Infusion also grants you [50/100] % of its effects when used on an ally. Two Rank Talent.
But it looks like it will be an obligatory talent or will not be acepted on raids or mythics xD

1 Like

Did healers lose mass rez? Am I just missing it somewhere?

With druids getting back mark I wouldn’t be surprised if paladins are also getting back more in depth auras or blessing back, especially since blizz says they like these kind of buffs, If true PI will balance itself out against all the other externals but at least priests get some more unique utility out of it.

1 Like

I like PI. :man_shrugging: Externals are cool to me.

8 Likes

After like row 4 the class tree has zero opportunity for meaningful horizontal cross over and the last three rows are literally just straight lines. Categorical failure at delivering on your mission to promote player freedom and creativity of specializations. I’m not even a priest player and it’s obvious this was a super lazy job done.

MUST be an error because there is no way you actually intend on making so players can’t move straight down from light of the naru on the holy tree in row 7 to the choice mode immediately below it. If that’s the case then you’re also confirming you can spec backwards up the tree? Because that’s literally the only way to get to that choice mode lol.

And shadow world death must be missing from automatically learned abilities on the shadow side? Otherwise you could theoretically spec into Death and Madness without actually having shadow word death if it isn’t automatically learned.

2 Likes

That will be gained baseline.

• Buttons whose impact is primarily non-combat and non-power related (Teleport: Moonglade, Path of Holy, Revive).
1 Like

COMPLAINTS AS A SHADOW PLAYER:

• SN is back lmao
  • PI/Twins still exists and will probably be mandatory because it “only” costs you a few talent points instead of a whole legendary
  • They removed dark thoughts because it over-incentivized mind flay uptime but then added a bunch of other talents that rely on mind flay uptime to get good value
  • 2 points required to do a little bit less self damage with swd… Why does the spell even need to work like that? You can literally nuke yourself for 50% hp if you crit in execute.
  • sanguine teachings. Bonus damage whiled shielded?? This is some bs parsing talent where you want healers to baby you so you can keep your shield healthy. Please delete.
  • Basically all current talents and legendaries are just copy pasted into the tree.

edit: didn’t even mention surrender to madness because it’s clear that blizzard won’t give up on it but also doesn’t want anyone to ever use it

THINGS I LIKE:

• some cool new thematic talents in the final row.
  • you can pick up the shadowfiend stuff in the class tree
  • some combos of stuff are now possible that weren’t before, such as both HV and AM talents to buff void form
13 Likes

Ah, yes! Ok I knew they wouldn’t take that away from us lol. Thank you! :slight_smile:

Please remove Power Infusion from the game. Or make it self cast only… PLEASE

3 Likes

The base priest tree seems quite cool/unique for discipline and shadow but the holy priest bottom talent seems extremely underwhelming. What is basically the necrotic wake healing trinket put in there :confused:

2 Likes

Possibly in the minority, but I really haven’t been happy with shadow since the Legion rework. I’d love to see a return to MoP or even WoD iterations. They’re pretty bent on making this void stuff work though.

8 Likes

It’s the theme of the spec, Shadow and Void are the same thing.

1 Like

The push on the “Void” aspect actively killed my immersion for Shadow.

5 Likes

That’s why Shadowform and Voidform should be merged into one ability named Shadowform.

1 Like