World of Warcraft: Dragonflight Talent Preview - Priest

Sorry that I’m less than enthused due to them bringing back a meme talent as the deep talent option for Holy Priests.

Also sorry not sorry that people that don’t even play Priests don’t recognize how awful it actually is and stand on by with a 'wowwee this is something I remember existing!"

Like for real. Some of you keep sliding on by with this stupid “WELL YOU DON"T HAVE TO CLICK IT” Well no waaaaaaaaaaaaay. It hasn’t worked that way in YEARS. So you guys that want this craptastic ability don’t even know how it has evolved over the years.

3 Likes

Not saying to be enthused or anything, just the vitriol over an optional spell seems off. I get it that you want them to do your class right but such vitriol just seems aimless. Maybe it’s my undermining the point of it as it is a single spell option and all which could be likely.

Bruh.
Calm the freak down.
Most classes are going to have talents/spells that seem like a waste/easy pass. Hopefully if light well really is that bad then they will see it being bad and remove it. This isn’t the final say.

1 Like

GET OVER YOUR SELF.

Dude step off. Don’t message me about numbers when I’m not happy with them bringing back this lame ability.

Wowwee. How about a NOU :slight_smile:

1 Like

You’re literally freaking out like the game is completely ruined over one bad talent point. I chimed in thinking it could be done well and you swing that vitriol right back at me.

I hope they keep that spell now.

Telling Blizzard that this waste of development resources that is Lightwell isn’t me freaking out. It’s telling them that this talent is a waste of resources because it has been since it’s inception.

Already knew that once you tried to step in with your own vitriol bro.

1 Like

Replying to everyone like an angry karen kind of is.

:woman_shrugging:

Well the discussion is over.

1 Like

Yes it is, because instead of talking like a reasonable person you get angry and accusative over those trying to offer information or opinions. Instead of explaining why they are wrong and changing their minds you think your anger makes you right when it doesn’t.

It’s whatever, I am out.

In general, we don’t need all these WOW COOL INTERESTING THEME ideas. We need solid gameplay! Not proc city (Old God talents specially).

I want to choose the way I play and the buttons I press. I want to know that whatever happened on the screen was my direct input, I don’t want crazy stuff happening and I am like… wtf was that?

Give control of gameplay into the players hands.

Priests have only 1 DPS spec. This means if your going to go hardcore into a playstyle and theme that has seen nothing but issues for 3 expansions now, please at the VERY LEAST consider this new talent system as a way / method to split the ONLY priest DPS spec into very distinctive playstyles. You don’t need to include all this new flashy stuff. Just give us options that work.

Examples can include…

• Classic-Wrath style but with Dark Archangel as the main Burst / Powered up option.
  • Cata-WoD Style with Clarity of Power + Mind Spike as the focal Point. Also the Auspicious Spirits Crit proc granting Shadow Orbs + Devouring Plague spread madness fun.
  • Void Theme… Here is where you can go crazy with your ideas. Just as long as Shadow has other options that made us fall in love with the class.

Also, The balancing nightmare that is Voidform is enough reason to just get rid of that dead horse already. Give us back our Archangel wings. We are PRIESTS 1st… old god worshipers is far far far down the list.

5 Likes

Believe it or not, some people like lightwell and the point of this system is to give choice. You aren’t forced to spec into it.

4 Likes

Dont get me wrong. You are absolutely allowed to want this absolutely garbage talent.

Lightwell: Creates a Holy Lightwell. Every 1 sec the Lightwell will attempt to heal party and raid members within 10 yards that are lower than 50% health over 6 sec. Lightwell lasts for 3 min or until 15 heals are expended. 3 minute cooldown.

Me on the other hand. I’m going to request they actually put in effort and give Holy Priests something they deserve and not a meme talent.

Obviously not the point.

1 Like

Yo anyone who doesn’t PI their own mindbender is doing it wrong. Twins was clearly designed for this reason and this reason only.

1 Like

I hope you’re going to adjust priest’s pvp talent level requirements based on these talents.

Currently pvp talent ‘spirit of the redeemer’ requires lvl 29 because spirit of redemption is a lvl 29 spell. But spirit of redemption can be obtained at lvl 17 in DF. So the new level requirement of spirit of the redeemer should be lvl 20 assuming honor talents are still first acquired at lvl 20.

Similarly pvp talent ‘cardinal mending’ requires lvl 43 because currently prayer of mending requires lvl 43. In DF prayer of mending requires lvl 10.

Pvp talent ultimate radiance requires lvl 23 currently but in DF power word: radiance requires lvl 15.

Same goes for all classes. And of course you’ve made some pvp talent into regular talents. So hopefully that means you’re giving all pvp talents a makeover.

A little feedback for Blizzard on the trees from a DPS player.

On the class tree:

1. There are, at most, 25 talents which are interesting to a PVE DPS player. This means there is no choice and many players may run without a full loadout. Please take another pass at this. I’d like to see some tradeoffs.
  2. It looks like you can also get improved renew without picking up renew. This seems like an oversight.
  3. The Twist of Fate talent reads “when healing a target below 35% health”. The current shadow talent is about damaging a target with similar health. Is this meant to be a change encouraging shadow priests to snipe heals for the dps boost or typo leaving spriest with an execute phase?

On the shadow tree:

1. There’s a missing link between rows 6 and 7 leading into Insidious Ire. Since you can’t go up in any tree, there must be a link down.
  2. I’m curious what all the idol talents are.
  3. If you go straight through Vampiric Insight and don’t take Vampiric Embrace or Dispersion, the 20 points you need in the next tier result in taking all but two talent points on rows 5 and 6. This feels bad. It’s too many but the choice between taking healing/mitigation/utility talents vs damage talents will only end one way.

Overall, I’d love to see talents change the playstyle rather than just % damage buffs.

1 Like

You know not everyone has pve tunnel vision right? Even then some solo/casual pve’ers will want the utility.

1 Like

What happened to the Priest interrupt?
One of the specific points of the original release details mentioned priests getting an interrupt in their class tree.

Clearly not only has that not happened but Silence didn’t even make it into the class tree, only the spec tree. Is this something that just hasn’t been addressed yet? Or was it simply determined too powerful to give Holy/Disc access to an interrupt/silence in PvP?

1 Like

as a holy priest i have no issues with pi when i use it whats up with it?

2 Likes

For the love of god, please remove PI as a friendly target cast or just make it 5% to allies or something reduced.

It’s just frustrating that the first review of Priest draft has PI that can be given to allies, but its worse, now Shadow Priests can be given that.

We have had so many nerfs and balance issues around this particular talent and straight into Dragonflight you took the problem and somehow made it worse.

Please just make it Self only or make it Ally only receives 5% or make it a raid wide “Hero”, OR just final solution remove the dam thing.

3 Likes

Too much drama with the ability between those who want it, those who get it and those who don’t get it.