World of Warcraft doesn't respect your time

No. It’s just that the game mode is too rewarding and it’s become an expectation for any sort of progression. Even if you don’t think AOTC is progression, it is and I’ve yet to see it not be an expectation for that. And if you want to do any sort of mythic progression, forget it.

It’s quite popular on these forums. Most players don’t use these forums. Also, I had no idea that poll existed. I wonder how many others missed the four days it ran.

1 Like

There are a lot of groups in the finder right now, and they get filled in seconds.

It’s still slow i got several now waiting to rise ,the wq content gear only rises when you gear and level that’s it.

Oh yeah, if you persist in doing it solo, it’s gonna be slow. But on my part, I was in a m+2 the same day I got to 70.

For sure, I would even bet most are in the same boat as you and like doing both, but pick M+ as the one they enjoy most. The reality is there really is not this weird divide some of the people on the forums make it out to be, and there are plenty of guilds out there that do both and don’t care if you only want to just raid or just do M+.

I personally only enjoy M+ myself nowadays, I’m permanently retired from raiding.

I spent all morning doing three +8s and pet battles. I could only upgrade 2 pets and got an 2% upgrade for shadowpriest spec.

It’s the journey that matters. Not the destination.

My biggest roadblock is flightstones when gearing a new alt. I have enough crests to upgrade all the stuff on my DK, but even with the reduced flightstone cost for alts, I still find myself hitting a wall. Outside the big flightstone acquisitions from the weekly things, Researchers, Aiding the Accord, etc, other open world content rewards so few.

1 Like

Things you can do right now to get gear:

1. The niffen quest chain will get you gear that can go to ILVL 398.
  2. Crafted blue gear can be upgraded to 408 with whelpling tokens.
  3. You can get all 5 sparks of inspiration automatically if you’ve already done the quest chain to get you 395 crafted gear.
  4. Every 2 weeks you can get a crafting token that will at it’s basic level take you to 424 with one of the purple peices of gear.
  5. The niffen have rep related gear that’s veteran and champion level.
  6. The Suffused camp’s drop gear that ranges from adventurer to champion as drops or rewards and these peices can be fed into the catalyst to get your tier set.
  7. every week you can get a champion peice from running 5 heroics as well as getting adventurer gear from the dungeons themselves.
  8. During the mythic week 4 mythics will get you a hero dungeon raid peice along with veteran level gear from the dungeons.
  9. LFR will get you veteran level gear along with a vault pick during the weekly reset.
  10. Completing the Zaralak storyline and capping rep with the niffen will get you 2 wyrm crafting tokens that can be used to push a crafted item to ILVL 437 (IE capped normal/heroic).

None of this requires signifigant skill, just some gumption and some friends.

Sad part is they have them in the tuskar fishing chest and treasure chest now,Yet i can’t get them for the life of me,only the alts.

Play classic!

Hahahahah

Yeah, but that carries an insult implication.

That casual players just arent good enough.

That they are bad players. Otherwise they would be able to get all that while playing casually.

I’ve held to the position that there exist in this game multiple ceilings for players and that stopping when you reach any of them is a perfectly valid choice; Like if you get to 70 and that’s where you decide to stop then god bless. for other people it’s going to be after they’ve gotten through all the auto cue content (Heroic dungeons and LFR) to which I can say congratulations. Some folks don’t want to raid and just roll into M+ or Arenas or RBG’s and good for them! Go as far as you want to go and reap that which is your due!

What I don’t have as much patience for however, is the people who see the rewards that people who have worked hard to learn their class and the dungeons and how to support their team and want those things but don’t want to put in the work to get them. The people who think that they should be able to get 431 gear from playing pokemon snap or because the game went “herp de derp you get 40 free ilvls from titanforging!”

Like me? I’m at ILVL 436 right now. Odds are this is about as far as I’m going to go in this season because of where my skills are at. It’d be nice for me to get up into the 440’s but I don’t think it’s a matter of life or death for me and my toons and I can look at my KSM, AOTC and Glory with pride.

MMOs function different.
And the way they function clearly isn’t for the OP.

Even FF14, which legit is all about letting people take breaks from it’s own game, takes time to do anything without a friend group or community

If you don’t want to build a group or community in WoW, then the game isn’t for you, move on.

1 Like

You know the full story. You have to join a good guild as most guilds will not help you be successful in high level content. Finding a good guild that has the same goals as you on the same time schedule is quite difficult. It’s getting more difficult as time passes.

People always say “make friends or join a guild” like it’s not pretty difficult to find those things that match your goals and schedule.

3 Likes

Those games all require their own learning curve. The ONLY difference is that WoW’s learning curve is more rapidly changing. What worked in PvP in one patch doesn’t work the same in future patches. Some specs trend in the higher percentiles, but that also exists in every game.

Do you remember your first game of league? Did you know exactly which items to buy to build the hero you picked or how to fight any of the other heroes? Do you honestly think the new player experience is great in hearthstone or counterstrike right now? Have you even fired up either game in the last 3 years?

You can get good at any game mode without a team, as you can in any other game. Coordinating with a couple friends just makes each person’s mistakes less punishing, and that’s also generally true in any other game.

Man i haven’t played countetstrike since 1997 when i helped run feed the need, the most popular west coast server lol… that takes me back

I’d like these changes because at least then I’d have a chance to play M+. I’d rather play and fail than not play at all. I don’t care about ilvl and rating. I just want to experience the content.

I wish blizzard could somehow make a dungeon LFR that hit the sweet spot between LFR/heroic dungeon difficulty and the M+ keys most want to run. Scrubs like me want to play 5-10 keys and many of us in scrubville don’t have a dedicated group to play with.

Play with friends and/or a guild.

Says you. I think people who have friends and dedicated groups to play with don’t realize they are in the minority. I’d be willing to bet most people pug and that’s why queue-able content is always the most popular content.

I’m happy you have these things though. But most of us don’t. It’s kinda like a fitness freak saying “just lift weights” and they don’t see how hard it is to know which gym to join, what workouts to do, etc…to them it’s easy and has been for a long time so they’ve forgotten how hard it is for those unlike them.

3 Likes

Incentivized to stick with a key is not the same as forcing someone to stay.