World of WarCraft: Ashes of Galakros

I also cant imagine Blizz would much care if it fit or not.

What they could do is not make those zones available for the upcoming new classes. Or make them start two levels lower than the max just like what they did with DH. But, not really sure if it’ll work.

I feel like the best way to add it in is to revamp the Kalimdor and Azeroth and bring those in for new players and for new classes while allowing timelines that make sense for those new classes to be in.

A new class wouldn’t get a class hall, and Legion content would probably just be an introductory quest that allows them to access the main storylines. Artifact stuff is disabled completely, so class halls aren’t necessary, and by next expansion, Legion dungeons and raids will be easy mode. It’s really not that big of a deal.

2 Likes

True.
Just like you don’t have DK tier sets in TBC
 because they didn’t exist.
Just like you don’t have DH tier sets in Wotlk
 because they didn’t exist.

Ashes of Galakros sounds like a patch name more than an expansion name. Just my 2 cents.

2 Likes

I’m not a fan of that name either. “The Dragon Isles” sounds better. Even “Legends of Galakros” or “Legacy of Dragons” sounds better than ashes. Also “Ashes of Creation” is coming out and the confusion there should be enough to put down the name.

It’s exactly what I hoped for (regarding revamp of Azeroth), although I want to see SEVERAL new ARs.

1 Like

I would rather see either some classes getting a 4th spec where it makes sense, or a ranger/dark ranger class, only problem with that idea, at least in my mind, is it would take away from some of the rogue fantasy, simply because when I think ranger/dark ranger I think of a class that has magic empowered ranged shots like old RSV for one spec, and then magic empowered melee attacks for another spec.

1 Like

The other thing is, there was a data-mined emerald green dragon mount that’s going to come with the expansion. So
maybe it could be real.

Though, the part I was skeptical about was the tinker class. Not sure about that one.

2 Likes

Ya that’s the part about the leak that made me skeptical about it - the tinker class.

1 Like

I’m going to be disappointed if Blizzard adds another class. I know why they’d do it: to excite people with something new to draw them back after failing as hard as they did with SL.

But the reasons they shouldn’t are both there aren’t very many niches left that make sense and don’t infringe on professions (engineering cough) or existing classes AND much more importantly they can’t balance the classes they have right now and haven’t been able to for years.

We often wildly swing back and forth in power and meta and it means certain player classes/specs are just flat out rejected from any current content groups of significant difficulty (mythic keystones or raids). It also means hamfisted changes to classes all too often that break the playstyle of those who enjoy playing them.

I’m sorry but Blizz has proven they can’t balance classes and they waste far too much development effort on tweaking them as it is that they could be spending on other things the game needs done. Piling more on that plate will only make the situation that much worse and will increase the number of unwanted class/spec combos that players are unable to enjoy meaningfully as anything but a casual (and often not even that with some of these nerfs, changes, etc).

There’s also tier class sets and the additional design work that would go into that each expac (and right off the situation of them cutting then bringing back tier sets and not I think because they just didn’t like class fantasy but probably as a way to cut down workload they struggled to handle) which would be an additional burden on devs who have enough on their plates and backlogs as it is.

Regarding the first point, without getting away from WoW’s medieval roots a bard class that uses musical attacks and has utility buffs based on some school of magic is about the only thing I can think of off the top of my head that even works without being too similar to others. And it would still be darn similar in theming to monks I feel, to the point I almost feel bard spec for monks would be the better solution. And even that would have drawbacks as they’d likely steal/replicate existing buffs from other classes which would mean less incentive to have people who play those around.

I honestly think short of a big infusion of people and money from Microsoft down the line they shouldn’t ever add another class. Focus on new races which are what people often want.

Tinker is a silly meme of a class idea.

Expansion names always sound weird until the actual expansion comes out. I remember people thinking cataclysm was fake because it was just one word.

A class won’t infringe on a profession. Classes and professions perform completely different purposes and don’t compete with one another (because a player could be a Tinker class and roll into the engineering profession under the same toon).

Also the classes will never be balanced to the point where every player will be satisfied. People complain about balance in every expansion, and will continue to complain about balance until WoWs servers shut down. The idea that we shouldn’t get new content because of a subjective thing like “balance” is ridiculous.

In your opinion, but it is a class idea that comes from Blizzard.

Something along the lines of World of WarCraft: Dragon Tales would sound more general/encompassing (gives plenty of leg room for developers to take the story from many angles); which could tell the legends or lore of dragons as it pleases rather than through the particular eyes of Galakros. Plus it’s rather punny to hear Dragon Tales as the tail of a dragon
well I think you get it lol.

Plus, Dragon or Dragons are synonymous with high-fantasy which is what WoW is at its core.

Speculation
nothing more. Love how everything includes “tinker” in it now to make it sound believeable.

Yeah, but that sounds really boring. Ashes of Galakaros sounds far more epic and interesting than Dragon Tales. I could imagine AoG having a huge image of Galakrond on the cover standing over a landscape with vegetation and volcanoes going off in the background.

“Dragon Tales” just doesn’t scream “WoW Expansion” to me.

It’s the last RTS hero from WC3 outside of the class lineup. It also just happens to fill in all the holes people want the next class to fill, so its inclusion is not surprising.

It’s always fun to speculate!

Summary

‘Cross faction play will eventually be extend to world content and guilds, possibly reputations and languages.’

Oh, Yes please! :seedling:

2 Likes

They better. If Jaina and Thrall can work together outside of instanced content, why can’t we?

1 Like

All the NPCs can speak to each other, and we can understand all of them; Blood Elf hearing Anduin and Jaina’s words, Night Elf hearing Sylvanas and Thrall.

So how are we, the players’ characters, so dense that we cannot yet understand each other?

I’d love to have to ‘learn’ the languages of the opposite Faction, and earn the Reps. I don’t want it to be easy; it shouldn’t be. (But not grindy, either!)

1 Like

2 Likes