World of WarCraft: Ashes of Galakros

“Overwatch 2 CBT starts in late Feb. Public Test in mid March.”

Someone please tell me what this means, because theres a zero percent chance it means what I think it means lol

Closed beta testing.

Thanks.

It wouldn’t happen but if it did, I would poop my pants if zovaal resurrected Galakrond in a cinematic. :joy:

Thing is, there’s a history of WoW devs denying future expansion stuff.

Tom Chilton blew off Mists of Pandaria after it was leaked, pretty much saying that they only use Pandaria stuff for comics and toys. MoP was announced a month later.

WoW dev on Twitter in early 2015 said they had no plans for a Demon Hunter class, only for a Demon Hunter class to be announced as a class a few months later at Gamescom.

If history is any indication, Ybarra actually confirmed the Tinker class.

3 Likes

He was trying to throw everyone off. Must feel bad to be a blizzard dev and hear these leaks and think that people won’t like what you actually deliver. Anything that isn’t dragon isles at this point is going to cause some upset.

1 Like

That’s like saying Priests made First Aid redundant back in Vanilla.

Tinkers are everywhere as NPCs in WoW and appear in WC3, Hearthstone(I think) and even HotS.

The leak itself is just another in a long list of throwing darts at a laundry list of what some players wanted over the years.
For all we know this is the real leak :

:upside_down_face:

Yeah we shouldn’t get Galakrond at the end of Shadowlands. I do wish to see him and fight him as a boss but i dont really want a big bad in this expansion and rather them work on things for the future.

1 Like

I thought the part about going to the moon was kind of funny. Maybe a reference to endwalker

Yeah, I thought it was a bad idea to do that and immediately was denying the leak. It does have some good parts I would like to see in the game. But going to the moon is dumb to me.

1 Like

Tinker starts at current level cap. Boom I fixed the problem

Legion is going to be optional content, and when I leveled through BFA content in Shadowlands, I didn’t need to obtain Azerite powers or even go to the Heart Chamber to complete any content, and I got through 10-50 just fine.

1 Like

That’s why I put why in parentheses. Azerite armor is still available in-game. No one needs it, but it’s there. It still works on Azeroth too, so it’s used a lot for time walking.

That could work. It’s how they introduced Death Knights & Demon Hunters.

2 Likes

Yeah, but you don’t need it to reach max level content, and all of its abilities are gone. Same with artifact weapons from Legion. Once we move on to the next expansion, all these current systems will be deactivated, and only the quests will remain.

1 Like

What’s in feb18th?

“Hey. I don’t work on Team 2, but I’m good friends with someone who does.”

lol

1 Like

You missed my point, but it’s cool.

The good thing about this leak is that we’ll know it’s fake or not in a few days.

1 Like

When the “leak” claims that all of this will be announced.

1 Like

Blizzard doesn’t touch old content unless it’s for things like the updated zones in BfA, old raids being made easier to solo, everything changed in the name of political correctness in SL, etc. Order Halls, Artifact Weapons, and Azerite Traits are old systems, they were designed with the 12 current classes in mind and it would be too much effort updating them to accommodate classes that didn’t exist when they were relevant.

Honestly, with the last three expansions’ focus on class and spec identity, I was led to assume they aren’t planning on adding a new class ever again when they can just keep adding new passive and active abilities to the ones we have now. Adding another class at this point would most likely require either having them start at a higher level like DKs and DHs used to, or disabling Legion, BfA, and SL content for them until they reach that higher level and changing the older expansions to scale to 60.

What hall could they put a class like bards in, the rogue hall? Would be pretty out of place for them to keep calling you Shadowblade when you’re a non-stealth class whose main weapon is a lute, and you wouldn’t even be able to wear their rogue-specific armor set. Can’t imagine tinkers getting access to the hunter hall, either. A case could be made for necromancers getting the DK hall, but that’s about it.