World of Warcraft 15th Anniversary Collector’s Edition

Gets home from work, sees notification about classic, sees notification about LE 15th set, clicks link on WoWs site to buy, sold out. Must be very LE. Honestly, at this point why is it still on your game site? I am generally a supporter, but given all the negativity lately, this seems a tad tone deaf.

7 Likes

This feels like a slap in the face to people living over seas. The Promotion was offered in the early hours of Australia, and by the time anyone could wake up and order they were sold out. I wanted to order 1 myself, but just wanted to check with my wife if we had any bills due, but she was asleep.

Blizzard knows that products with mounts do well, so why would they attach it to product they have VERY limited stock to? By doing this, they have basically made it something not exclusively for fans, but for vendors to bulk order and inflate the price to line their own pockets. This is how you show fans of your franchise that you do not care about them. If this was a true celebration of those who have devoted 15 years to world of warcraft, you would make it purchasable in your store for all equally. If you care about your customers, you would also be willing to manufacture as many possible as long as you are still turning a profit, and not respond with “You can aquire it from 3rd party vendors still!”.

Please, fix this, nothing is more infurating as a mount collector and a support of blizzard as a customer.

3 Likes

What I’m not understanding is how a pre-order can sell out?
Also there was nothing stating that it was a limited time/quantity thing so what the hell?

15 Likes

I think the post should have said “extremely limited edition”.

3 Likes

I will be checking my local gamestop to see if they sell it.

I really wish the mousepad was also sold separately. Have always liked the function of the collector editions ones better than most you could buy.

Let me translate the original question for you, will these be restocked for purchase on the blizzard store or was the limited amount that went sold out before most people read that these were available the only stock expected to be available directly from blizzard.

1 Like

Newegg has them in stock (limit one per customer) as of 7:25 am EST 05/15/2019. I just placed my order.

2 Likes

Really hope they do a round 2 of orders for this!

Missed out on the initial sale here in Australia :frowning:

1 Like

For those in Aus you can still pre order from JB Hifi.

I’m not.

From what I’ve been reading, a lot of the resellers have an automated way of buying up multiple copies rather quickly. So that could be why it sold out so fast.

I’d love to see how many actual players were lucky to get a pre-order versus resellers. It’s probably a very small number.

1 Like

thank you!

Just got it off newegg, thank you for the info!

1 Like

Saw your post, and managed to snag one for myself. Thanks!

Thanks for the update about newegg. I have every WoW CE since vanilla and would of hated to miss this one.

I just want to know if they are going to restock it on the gear store, since I have a 25% discount cupon.

Thank you!

THey have it on sale on Newegg

they have it on sale on Newegg!

need Link pls

1 Like

Gone, you all have be quick!