World of Warcraft®: The War Within™ Goes Live August 26!

When they sold the epic edition, they said at least 3 days early access. I’m sure they are giving that extra just in case the game is down all day, so they don’t have people complaining.

They did say that outages/ disconnects would still count as part of the three days but they’re likely just giving themselves some leeway.

1 Like

That dwarf guy will NEVER compete with Stony Tony though. He should give up.

Long ago, realistic cinematics were like a cry for battle, an inspiration and a legacy for the entire community and the game, please dedicate time to it.

2 Likes

Truth is they probably were not planning to launch TWW so soon.

Rushed expansion incoming!

:thinking:

:surfing_woman: :surfing_man:

2 Likes

Yeah I probably reported several bugs multiple times in DF and not many were fixed.

:surfing_woman: :surfing_man:

1 Like

That I understand. I kinda figured, if anything, they would reduce the number of days, not add an extra day (though I’m not complaining)

Very pleasantly surprised by this short break between expansions. Great release time-table!

1 Like

3 Likes

It’s odd when people say things so inaccurate but with conviction.

4 Likes

I’m glad there was a bunch of positive replies before the Doomsayers saw this thread :dracthyr_nod:

1 Like

Guess I may take off Aug 23rd to play early assuming the servers don’t crash and burn.

1 Like

I would have liked a release in September, August is holiday time so I guess many are away from home and can´t play the pre patch.

:expressionless:

1 Like

Crossing my fingers the servers won’t be unplayable for weeks like DF launch.

The irony in this statement is hilarious.

Ever since they opened alpha to more than just F&F, betas have had little to no changes.

It’s literally just a stress test for them. Any bugs go unfixed until live, which you’d know if you played.

2 Likes

A lot of the things that weren’t ready were balance issues. Most of which carried into S1…well some are still aren’t fixed/reworked as we speak in TWW beta(poor shamans). For example the S1 M+ Affix, it was hated in beta, changed, still hated, changed, still hated, went live…still hated. People weren’t happy with the DF dungeons and many of the M+ dungeons required a lot of nerfing and most people were not happy with the DF dungeons in M+, especially not seeing them all return in S4. How many classes got mid expansion reworks? Oh how about the whole healer/tank nerf/buff that everyone told them was a terrible idea and spoiler! It was! And the healer population by and large has disliked how healing was in DF. Turns out if you buff players health and then buff mob damage by the same amount they cancel each other out, who could have guessed that wouldn’t solve spike damage!

There was plenty of stuff still buggy or broken when DF launched, just instead of there being 1 forum where it all gets posted it was posted in multiple forums so you wouldn’t see it unless you visited them all.

What I can say for 100% certain is that DF beta was MUCH further along. As far as I know there hasn’t been any M+ testing or raid testing done yet. Both things were in full swing at this time in DF beta. On top of that some hero talents aren’t even fully implemented, some are downright bad and need reworks, and PVP is a complete mess. Then there is the whole no PvP vault change that is really really bad and I’m betting they walk that back. On top of all this they are introducing delves so a whole lot of bugs and balance that also needs done there.

They are massively rushing this out the door.

2 Likes

Except that the Roadmap that they literally gave us at the start of the year said that TWW was releasing during summer of this year.

We knew it was going to be a summer release. We just didn’t know when during summer. August 26th is at the tail end of summer.

1 Like

Playable Harronir shaman please!

2 Likes

continues to wait to be able to play as a Dracthry that ISN’T an Evoker, eye twitches

┻━┻ ︵ヽ(`Д´)ノ︵ ┻━┻

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

_| ̄|○

1 Like

Will The War Within run on lower hardware like Dragonflight?

1 Like

My body is ready!

1 Like