World First Naxx 25 Shaman Tank (Warden)

The same reason people dislike off meta picks in Leage of Legends.

Also it’s the chest thumping early on in this thread about how good the shaman is because he’s a streamer.

This was a guild’s achievement… that’s what people are trying to tell you. It doesn’t take superior shaman knowledge or pro play to pull this off.

Shaman tank guides were available months ago.

4 Likes

I don’t play LoL, explain please.

Isn’t it more random match making and not a guild/group setting?

No one is saying that the Shaman carried them either…

This ^^^^^^^^

'bUt hE sToOd iN tHe RiGhT sPoT!!!"

2 Likes

Read the first sentence of the post.

You clearly skipped it.

Off topic, but also the reason that game is terrible. Like stale sailor bread.

After you read the first sentence in the post, read the second.

Since you clearly skipped that too.

Exactly… so if you play an off meta pick in LoL your team usually needs to pick around you to make the pick work and play a certain way.

It kinda sucks in pugs.

People don’t want this to become a meme in their pugs.

Don’t pug. Easy fix.

congrats, this is sick

3 Likes

Exactly… “I went 10-0” playing support Teemo isn’t as much a testament to your superior play as it is your teammates…

1 Like

Did you read the first post yet?

Why are you such a dick. I really don’t understand

3 Likes

That’s a silly concern and not a valid reason to trash shaman tanks.

1 Like

I feel the same. Raids witb rogue healers using first aid have priority target management superior to raids with overpowered healers.

God the forums needs a laugh react instead of a heart react.

3 Likes

I can’t imagine going through a raid with a shaman tank, I’d feel like I was walking on egg shells because of threat issues. No taunt, low survivability and just general flow of gameplay will be so jarring that I’d never want a Shaman tank in my raid.

2 hours for only Naxx while slightly longer than I’d prefer is actually faster than I thought it’d be. My real problem with Shaman tanks is that you can’t really parse when you have a Shaman tank as you’d need to be extra mindful of your DPS to make sure it wouldn’t pull the boss.

Being on edge about pulling a boss your tank can’t taunt is enough of a reason for me to never raid with a Shaman tank. If they like to do that good for them but for me and many others Shaman tanks are well… they’re just not tanks.

4 Likes

I mean it’s a meme, not something that’s viable. Warden has been a thing since vanilla. It’s ok for 5 mans if you can’t find a “real tank” and the person is geared/knows what they’re doing, but in raids it’s just a fun meme. But kudo’s to them for doing it, I mean what else are you gonna do with the current content?

Most bosses aren’t tauntable lol… You should always watch your threat…

I mean yeah good for them I just don’t see why 24 other people would agree to have a scuffed raid I just don’t see the fun in it, but if they find i t fun then more power to em.

The only issue with threat I’ve seen this entire phase is when we we’re trying to 3D zerg Sarth down and the Balance Druid gets too much threat. I… can’t remember if it was a 10 man OS3D or a 25 man OS3D. With a Shaman tank I can see that increasing to a worrying degree.

I played the watch your threat game in Classic with ignite stacks, it honestly wasn’t fun. Needing to stop DPS so your main damage source drops off because you’re doing too much isn’t fun. I enjoyed keeping ignite going than I did making it drop.

My thoughts too…not taking anything away from the tank or the collective group will to do this…I suspect the healers in this case were the champs!

2 Likes

No I know. I’m just saying. The lack of taunt isn’t really a weakness, at least on bosses, because most of them aren’t tauntable anyway.

How can we even trash something that is already a meme?

The rest is just pointing out the real champs are the people who helped the shaman.

The shaman isn’t doing anything a normal tank doesn’t…well other than trying not to worry about a health bar that’s vibrating.

5 Likes