World First Naxx 25 Shaman Tank (Warden)

Props to this team, looks like the run went alright for the most part.

Shoutout to a throwback in the day too for aspirations to what this other team has accomplished.

5 Likes

I think the praise should more so go to the healers. I dunno how much credit I’d give to the shaman.

But cool to see people trying something challenging to keep it interesting.

10 Likes

More cringe “shaman tanking”.

17 Likes

World’s only**

4 Likes

Without even watching the videos, I can tell you people will roast this thread lol.

Neato though

2 Likes

mad nerds incoming in 3…2…1…

9 Likes

just showcases how freaking easy naxx is

6 Likes

If you have 25 people who want to try Naxx 25m with a shaman tank…go for it.

Although… did they have 2 for Patchwerk?

The only downside is people who want to mimic this, but haven’t put in the work to set it up.

Shaman tanking is almost as cringe as paladins that play ret.

7 Likes

Good job. I did this in Naxx 40 on this very toon.

Naysayers are just mad because they’re bad at this dad game and couldn’t do it themselves

3 Likes

So by your logic, me doing it on my shaman in Naxx 40 just showcases how freaking viable shaman tanking is yeah?

1 Like

I 100% agree with this… Thank your healers as they are the ones who kept you alive and made it 100% possible.

1 Like

I’ll never understand the hostility towards these shaman tank displays.

14 Likes

ITT: Normally functioning human being completely removes brain to make bad take

Preference is for straight forward responses, not some generalized whatever you’re attempting to do.

The shaman tank does all the work of preparation: researching gear, running sims, doing the math; then goes and grinds all the gear, consumes etc; then shows up on the day, stands and hits in the right spot, holds aggro, uses defensives correctly; then someone disengages their brain and gives all the credit to the healers.

This has been the same story since phase 2 classic vanilla. People who normally don’t have a problem with their cognitive function come up with some crazy bad take to try to take away the achievements of better players.

7 Likes

No research needed.

1. This fight has been done in the past (over and over and over again).
  2. Gear comes easily enough
  3. Consumables come easily enough.
  4. Where to stand, threat, aggro, etc (see #1)
  5. This fight is both a DPS race and a healer fight.

Your healer and dps have more to do with this fight than the tank.
Sadly, when someone disengages their brain to believe that 1 person takes all the credit, it is sad. To be fair, it was more of a team effort, but most of the effort was on the healers and dps.

10 Likes

Oh, OK. It’s not your fault that you have bad takes, it’s just your ignorance on display.

2 Likes

I see a lot of DPS throttling and healers propping up a very bad “tank”.

12 Likes

No because Naxx40 is easy too

3 Likes