World First Naxx 25 Shaman Tank (Warden)

Yes but why the critisism? Couldn’t you simply ignore it?

You’re seeing others have fun and saying “I have to tell them it’s wrong.”

This is a bit redundant. It’s no different than running a raid without tanks - which is essentially what occurred with an enhancement shaman functioning in the role of a tank.

Most of the fights can be single tanked and in the event the shaman was the main tank throughout the entirety of the raid, I might be impressed … but from what I’m seeing in the bits I watched of the 2-hour video, this was most definitely not the case.

I’m willing to bet the healers were extremely geared, as were the main tanks, to carry the shaman.

As a defense capped tank there are fights where my life spikes extremely hard. Shamans just are not equipped to take the massive spikes like that without healers pushing hard with over-healing to make sure they’re topped off.

I’m far more impressed with the healers than I ever will be for the shaman. :person_shrugging:

Shamans get can crit capped as well.

Okay? But did the shaman main tank the whole raid?

I believe so.

That’s not what I saw in the bits I watched. I don’t have 2+ hours to sit through and watch the entire thing. If that’s the case, then I will stand corrected in my statements.

He tanked Saph and Patchwerk. Nothing in there is as deadly for tanks.

Again … I attribute the success to the healers far more than I do the shaman.

1 Like

Which is still more props to the healers than the shaman.

5 Likes

Why should I? It’s a public forum, and I wanted to see what was behind the “shaman tanking”. When I realized what was actually going on I made a comment and posted about it. In the same vein, why even post it here? You’re not guaranteed only positive feedback here. If that’s what you’re looking for I’d recommend making a discord just for shaman tanking and inviting only shaman tanking fans there.

7 Likes

As you need good healers for any good run.

To not be a troll? Listen to yourself. You can’t not tell someone that something that has zero affect on you is wrong and bothers you.

Yes it’s a public forum. Does it mean are obligated to give you negative opinion? No. Are you going to anyways? Yup, because you have to find some validity in putting others down to justify you mediocrity.

The game is 15 years old. Playing it a different way is completely fine. If a shaman is hurting you or making you feel unsafe, contact your local authorities. Otherwise, just go away.

Criticism isn’t trolling.

I can if I like, since it is a public forum. It isn’t trolling. You just don’t like what I have to say.

Never said it wasn’t. Anyone can do whatever they like. That doesn’t immunize you from people interacting with content you willingly put on a public forum. You aren’t entitled to only positive feedback.

Nah.

have enough healing or do enough dps, and a mage can tank.

3 Likes

Exactly.

Shaman Tanking is a fun pet project. It’s really a flex for the whole raid involved, not just the shaman. Props to this guy and his guild for finding ways to keep Naxx interesting.

3 Likes

Shhhh… they’ll be very upset that you said that!

Don’t give away the secrets!

I swear if shamans never had that block talent in classic nobody would have bothered with shaman tanking lol.

2 Likes

Anyone can achieve this with good healers and dps.

What are you on about? Are you just a fanboy?

3 Likes

What are you criticizing though? Ones ability to have fun?

Everyone in that raid was full aware of what was involved. You’re misplaced anger has no value but to let you vent.

So you like to be a troll. You have the ability to ignore it and move on but you’re proving to me that you’re incapable of that. You must let others know how you feel.

Lets see it.

Lets see it.

So many of you are like “oh a priest could do this” but never has it been done. Stop making up stuff in your head to try and diminish others. Whatever you’re trying to validate in your lives won’t come from putting shaman tanks down.

Props to all the:

Healers working overtime and using agro dumps
Rogues using Tricks for threat on the shaman
Hunters using redirect on the shaman
Dps for throttling and using agro dumps

2 Likes

Yup, props to everyone contributing to a team.