World First Naxx 25 Shaman Tank (Warden)

So what you’re saying is that raids with shaman tanks have a threat management ability superior to raids with overpowered tanks.

1 Like

uhhhh what lol.

Any class can tank by not having DPS do anything for 20-30 seconds. Thats just how threat works.

There was a mage who tanked a molten core back in classic. You just let them DPS and chain spam heals. Once they get an insane lead everyone can hop in. Theres no “threat management ability”

its just get a massive lead and nobody can overtake it… which giving any DPS class a 30 second head start on a 2 minute boss will likely do.

3 Likes

Except shaman tanks are a tank spec so they only need a couple of seconds, long enough to filter trigger happy warlocks.

A. Not a spec.
B. That run brought one awful ilvl 207 warlock who waited forever and parsed blues.

Any competent and geared lock is pulling off a “shaman tank” if they dont wait at least 20 seconds.

2 Likes

No one cares. I’m sure they wouldn’t want you in their raid anyways.

Props to them for trying to have fun.

1 Like

What shaman hurt you? You do realize you can just simply choose to ignore shaman tanks, right?

Having other groups use shamans as tanks has absolutely no effect on you, does it?

I love playing my shaman tank and out dpsing rets

3 Likes

Ohhh yes, just ignore them… except when they feel the need to spam post their videos and accomplishments for everyone else to see.

Feel like you missed that part…

Shaman tanks are legit 100% the Vegans of WoW. Made me laugh this video came from the EU Fresh server which is hilarious.

Thats what Shaman tanks do. Roll fresh, conquer Scarlet Monestary, then onto the next fresh!

3 Likes

Spam? A bit dramatic are we?

There’s 3 total post in the past 2 weeks that are about shamans, this is the only one about shaman tanks.

So get over it. Or do you have a need to spam?

1 Like

This isn’t really shaman tanking but a random dps getting fed 2 tricks, 2 misdirections and getting overhealed while throttling dps and overstacking healers to compensate for the lack of defensive mitigation. You could probably replace the shaman with many other classes and get the same result, i.e a boomkin could probably replicate this or a 2h fury warrior.

6 Likes

Maybe, just no one has done it yet to my knowledge. Problem is crit cap and getting enough EH for some encounters.

Your opinion doesn’t matter. Why do you continue to post in all of these threads. Not a single person on these forums takes you seriously.

What kinda take is that?

I’d like to see traditional tanks zero heal Naxx. As if healers don’t matter when it comes to even normal tanks getting through fights.

Healers are the reason ANY tanks get through fights.

Congradulations to the shaman tank getting through Naxx. Ignore the dummies that only stick to meta nonsense and then complain things are too easy.

Make and have your own fun I say.

2 Likes

Of course all real tanks need heals. A shaman dps is going to need significantly more heals than a real tank is the point.

This isn’t so much about a shaman tanking as about healers healing a dps who has agro from the boss, because technically as long as they aren’t getting one shot any DPS can do. Which yes props to the healers.

1 Like

Let people have fun. Especally in content people claim is boring.

No reason to rain on someone else’s fun just because you don’t personally enjoy what their doing.

Is it optimized? No.
Does it need to be? No.

It’s a 15 year old game, and people are doing fun things with it to keep things different and new. There’s really no reason to be so down on the guy, it’s not like he’s making YOU join his raid and deal with him being a tank in the 25 man raid.

He and a group of people that are happy to just have fun with it are doing just that. Having fun with it.

2 Likes

It deeply and passionately triggers people for seemingly no reason. Very bizarre phenomenon.

2 Likes

No one is denying anyone their fun. If someone likes holding aggro as a DPS and getting overhealed then more power to them, there’s no rule in-game against it. However, these forums aren’t the shaman tanking fan forums. They’re the WOTLK classic discussion forums. If someone posts something here it is open to criticism. OP isn’t entitled to solely praise just because this is some non-meta content. Not everyone is a fan, and since these forums are open to all rather than being a forum just for shaman tank fans OP should expect the criticism.

8 Likes

This is wrath of the lich king content.

It’s fine to be here.

It’s not off topic, and it’s a small achievement they’ve managed to do. If you hate fun, that’s fine, go stack your warlocks or whatever in your raid with your traditional tanks and then complain the game is boring and has nothing to do.

To each their own. Zero reason to tear this person down for doing something different.

I never claimed otherwise. I’m simply stating that any post made on these forums is open to criticism since it isn’t some secret discord made for a niche community.