World Buff Dispel trolls

You assume that you fly around to get world buffs. The idea is to have as much of it’s duration as possible. You get summoned, boz.

Did you read the part where i said its unlikely everyone of your raid members will have an instant summon available to every spot? And lets say for arguments sake you buy em (because you ppl offer these services of course)… it costs about 10g ish per summon to either DMT or felwood. So lets say 5g for the DMT buffs itself, 7g for the summon to DMT, another 8g to get the summon to felwood.

Thats 20g you have to farm (which costs time) so you can have instant summons (which you also have to “organize” ofc, which also costs time. Its unlikely its available the minute you decide to get buffs). If your guild mate has to summon you he has to waste time, either by flying to the respective spots or logging into their summon alts to get you there.

At the end of the day, nobody is saving time. Not really. The raid will be faster (if you do not wipe that is) but managing all world buffs each week across the world is time consuming. People who have summoners and mages at the ready exist but i doubt everyone of the 40 members in your raid does have that. I know I do not have a personal summoner or mage porter ready each week. I have to find people every week, log out for hours on end because im world buffed and can not access my character without losing said buffs.

Its foolish to argue “it saves time”. It really only does when you do not count the preparation time as well as the “wait logged off” time. But once you start counting that, you will realize you are losing way more time than you save.

Edit: Flying around and hsing smartly is the only way to get the world buffs if you do not have any access to any summoner/mage for whatever reason. 30 min SF is better than no SF at all.

1 Like

Stop porting to org and hearthing to Kargath, boomer methods get boomer results

1 Like

Only unlikely if you’re not prepared.

We do :slight_smile:

and 55 mins is better than 30. Our last clear of AQ40 was 54 minutes. Every minute of a world buff’s duration is golden.

I do my buffs day of raid and organise my play for other days of the week. I’m not losing any time and the ordeal is not longer than 20 minutes in total.

Well not everyone is able to play the game in the same amount of time or have multiple acc. to make sure everyone is getting the deluxe wbuff program

Ah glad you are the benchmark for all raiders then. Inconceivable that some other guilds might not have the resources you do.

Again, good for you. You are def. not the majority though.

Either they are being forced to stay logged out or they have the time to do so. Less time mind you than the scenario you proposed it takes to obtain buffs.

Wasting half your duration of buffs while flying is missing the point of obtaining them in the first place.

10g for a summon to obtain a buff that is more valuable than regular consumables is not a bad cost.

A few more points to counter your own scenario; flying afk is not equal time spent than being active in a raid. The longer you spend in a raid, the more consumes you may have to burn, costing more gold than needed to pay for assistance by summons.

Just maker sure whoever you dispel/purge isn’t a super cool elite streamer on a pvp server because you might get banned for pvping. . . on a pvp server.

1 Like

I do not think you understand the point. Individually everyone is consuming their own time by getting these buffs. 40 ppl spending time to save time in a raid. This can be quick (as with your guild, where everyone gets summoned) but you are also not the norm. Most people do not have the infastructure to get summoned everywhere. So the option is to either pay for a summon (about 10g each), which nets to 20g… 30g if you have to get a sw/org summon. 30g need to be farmed, which translates to time spent to get the wbuffs. While you do not spend time getting em (since you get summoned to everywhere) you still need to get the 30g to afford the instant transportation. That costs time.

Or if you do not pay for it you have to get it per foot. People who can not afford the summons or do not want to and do not have a summoner have to get em by flying. I know its not ideal, but it is time spent that you will never make up in raid, even if you afk during flights.

Wbuffs are nice and all but for the average guild you are not cutting the clear times in half. In BWL wbuffs save you about 10-20 min per clear unless you are some speed runner guild. But most guilds are not. There is no way you will ever justify the time saved in the raid when you compare it to the time it takes the average raid to get the wbuffs. Not to mention that you lose all the time invested if you die early in the raid.

I get that you want to keep as much time on the wbuffs as possible but thats not really my point at all. My point is that you do not save yourself any time by getting em, so the argument “you clear the raid faster” is not worth a lot for the average guild if you have invest the minutes you save during raid by spending em way before to get raid ready. That is not even counting the time you actively cant play your character because you are waiting for the raid to start.

1 Like

If you are spending gold on consumes, it’s silly to not spend gold on buffs. They are more valuable.

Again, flying afk is not equal active time than inside a raid.

If you are saving your raid 20 mins in BWL, that’s 20 minutes less you can spend inside MC. If you can have your buffs last through BWL into MC, even better.

For those guilds that are losing their buffs horribly fast. Save your gold, don’t buy consumes and/or summons. Work on your team work. No amount of buffs will save you from playing dumb.

as said the average guild does not half their clear time due to wbuffs. You save yourself 10-20 min. Consume wise that isnt even worth mentioning, since they all last 30 min to an hour.

And afk flying is equivalent to time spent in raid. Afk flying time is time you can not play your character the way you really want to. same as logging out and waiting for raid time is also time you are unable to play the game how you want to.

And all you do is save the raid about 20 min in clear time, if you do not wipe and if you are an average guild. Im just saying there is no way the members of said raid will ever get ahead in terms of “time saved” by trying to cut their clear time marginally (with the risk of it being fruitless too due to an early wipe) when you also factor in the time it takes for most people to get all the world buffs.

1 Like

You are repeating yourself. Might as well just reread each post than continue discussion.

i have to if you are unable to understand my point and trying to argue that people should get 100% duration of wbuffs instead of a lower percentage… when nobody ever even questioned said point.

I replied to your other scenario too. As I did comparing time outside of raid with that saved within.

WB dispellers are doing God’s work.

4 Likes

Non dispellable should become dispellable as well.

2 Likes

I will give the opposite response. It isn’t that I save time, it is that I like seeing the big crit numbers. Shamelessly, I find the MSBT scroll with the BAM crit pretty fun lol.
That said, I rolled carebear on purpose so I don’t have to deal with things like dispelling buffs. Had I rolled pvp, I would fully expect to have to be far more prudent with getting myself to raids.

2 Likes

I agree they should make it so you cant press one button to remove peoples world buffs. It takes 0 skill and is pathetic. Bunch of wusses they dont even pvp you they dispel and run. Theres 0 defense to stop it. Would greatly enhance the player experience to do away with world buff purgers.

I mean, some of them spend hours sitting in ghost form in some situation to dispel you so that you have to spend 10-15 extra minutes getting these buffs again. Who is really winning here?

But what else would I dispel?

1 Like

It makes just as much sense. Both are a waste of time. One is a pve waste of time the other is a pvp waste of time.

1 Like