World Buff Dispel trolls

I hate world buffs for this exact reason, but I’ll also make time to get them the same day as raid so that I’m not skipping off days to raid log on our main raid day. My ideal vanilla server would wipe buffs when you entered a dungeon, raid, or battleground, because it’s almost less overall fun to only have them sometimes; a full stack is like multiplying your character by 2, and after that, normal play feels flaccid.

3 Likes

Hmmm yeah I agree and it would make me happy.
But I also understand the people who wanna raid with World Buff… be my guest… do it.
But what I dont really understand : when people are doing raids buffed to the teeth and they are proud about it like “how hard it was but we made it”.
Do you wanna do BWL Buffed to the teeth ? Ok … Do it 20 men… Now that will be something I will clap and appreciate.

2 Likes

World buff meta is only strong if you run a guild that enforces it. There are plenty of guilds out there not demanding it and still clearing content. The worst thing is the weekly 30 min to an hour you lose getting em all and then having to wait till you can play your character again.

That said they should be dispellable. Its part of what gives this game spice. There is a certain “thrill” in going to Felwood after getting DMT and hoping you wont get jumped by some kid with too much time. Anyone crying about them being dispellable, either stop using em or go back to retail. Stop trying to enforce changes to a game that would just make it more stale

3 Likes

All the arguments about world buffs are sound. That is why they were done away with in future expansions. This is Classic however, not TBC. The point of Classic is to recreate the original client as closely as possible. Warts and all.

#nochanges

4 Likes

This. But as a tank, specifically the ZG buff and the DMT health buff is like adding another flask and a half. It’s so hard to feel ok not getting them.

You can also bring the zanza for another 50 stam.

1 Like

Clearing a raid faster so you can do something else has nothing to do with self esteem.

So… point invalid. Smaller people confirmed - window licking dispellers who get jollies wasting other people’s time.

It’s the same in this regard. Can’t change everything because you’re unwilling to work through your problems.

Every time you get dispel’d it’s a lesson to learn. Don’t repeat careless mistakes.

was there a time when ony buff was purgable? as far as i know, onyxia and zandalar are untyped buffs leaving them unable to be purged

1 Like

you are not saving time though. Getting wbuffs takes about 30 min to an hour unless you have a summoner to every location at the ready (which your average player does not have).

Lets say your HS is in silithius, for AQ 40 raid location. So from sili you fly to feralas which takes about 3-5 min already. If you are alliance and have to fly to the stronghold you have to wait for the boat to come, then go up to DMT, so you are prolly already around the 7-10 min mark. Then you go in (assuming you do not have to find a hunter first) and get the buffs. Btw if you have to clear dmt thats a flat out 25-30 min right there for you. So lets stick with the hunter DMT example. You get the hunter instantly, you go in. Getting all buffs takes 3-5 min with the running. Now if you have a summoner who is instantly getting you to felwood for that sweet SF buff you dont really lose a lot of time. But the flower might not be up. it has a 25 min respawn timer. Since you already got your buffs and unless the flower is up instantly and you do have a summoner you get summoned to Felwood and the first thing you do is log out. So you are unable to play your character for 1-25 min depending on the respawn. Then you get flower buff. You need a mage or a summoner to get you to OG/SW so you can get ony buff. Which also means, unless they drop it instantly with your arrival you will have to wait till someone does, being unable to play your character for that timeframe. After you get ony xyz minutes to hours later you need to get a port to ZG island for the heart buff. Another summoner needed, unless you wing it and waste 5-10 min taking the zep to stv and getting there by yourself. Or if you alliance you fly westfall and run down to the island. Which is another 5 min as well overall.

There is no way, since not everyone has a summoner or mage at the ready operating at your whim, you are saving any time by coming wbuffed to a raid if you factor in the time it takes to get buffs, the time you are unable to play your character and in light of the fickleness of said buffs (you die, its gone) that anyone is actually saving any time by getting them

3 Likes

I wonder how much time do you really save. The time you “earn” by clearing MC or BWL faster is the time you lose during getting your bufs and logging in and out in and out to save time on your buffs before raid.

3 Likes

You don’t have to bother getting them now, none of the world buffs are required to kill bosses.

1 Like

Zero, if you’re lucky, most people lose time getting them. Anyone who’s saying they save time is ignoring the time actually spent organizing and getting the buffs. They are time sinks, not savers.

4 Likes

Anyone who claims they get world buffs to save time is lying. It’s all about e peen swinging on Warcraft Logs.

7 Likes

Zanza is a potion you get from turning in a zandalar honor token on the island in stv where you drop the heart buff. Rend is a horde only buff called warchiefs blessing. Super tryhards have 2 accounts so they can lvl a horde pries and mc guildies so they can get warchiefs blessing on their ally toons. and hook up on the realm discord to coordinate buffs. give free resets on ony and such to be left alone.

1 Like

For sure dude! esp being a druid tank that stam starts to add up to alot.

It takes less than an hour to collect world buffs even if you clear the DMT yourself. The time lost is the log out time to preserve buffs. That’s the real down side of world buffs. At the shortest, this warrior is logged out and not allowed to played up to 4 hours prior to raid start; that’s if I get the buffs last minute. I really hate world buffs.

1 Like

I spend more time during the week helb/alch/fishing to make my tank consumes than I do getting world buffs. There is a hunter on my server that makes bank selling DMT buffs. Dude just says pay what you can and summons you and everything. boss frozen, bugs always gone, and non hostile eyes. he’s legit. Then we have guild summons for everything else. My 20 summoner is at AQ to help summon the raid.

Those dispellers are doing God’s Work :pray::muscle::raised_hands::raised_hands::+1::raised_hands::heart::pray::pray::muscle::raised_hands::+1::raised_hands::heart::pray::raised_hands::raised_hands::+1::raised_hands::heart:

17 Likes

This is a stupid comment.

And why do you look undead?