Worgen/Goblin Monks for Shadowlands

Please? I’ve never understood why we couldn’t have Worgen or Goblin monks to begin with. It doesn’t seem like it’d be outrageous to say a Pandaren washed ashore or sailed into Gilneas or Kezan and started teaching a sect of people how to use monk abilities. Every other race and allied race can be monks (except…LF for some reason), heck, even Mechagnomes can be monks. Monk just seems like a class that should not be limited, much like Warrior.

But with the new universal starting area, I think there is even less excuse to not allow Worgen and Goblin monks. They’ve been in contact with Pandaren for a few expansions now even outside their own starting zones. It’s about time they caught up to the Vulpera, Highmountain Tauren, and Nightborne who picked up in an expansion or less what Goblin and Worgen have not been able to do for a few expansions now.

44 Likes

If undead, who have no chi, can be monks, then worgen and goblins should certainly be able to be monks. Heck, our class mount even talks about the time he swam to Kezan with Grandmaster Rochu; we KNOW monks and goblins had contact pre-MoP!

18 Likes

Personally, if monks were unlocked for Worgen I would be rerolling to one immediately. I think now would be the best time to allow it considering that the first time a player goes to create a character, they are automatically directed to Exile’s Reach. Since this new tutorial zone is in the present day, it would obviously eliminate any issues with Gilneas and Kezan being stuck in Cataclysm’s time.

I’d also like to point out that most if not all monk animations seem to function fine with the races, and it’s been this way for some time.

13 Likes

Gonna voice my support for Worgen and Goblin Monks! There’s no lore reason to stop them from being playable now, especially with this new starter zone that all new players will have to go through

8 Likes

I’ve already shown my support for this topic.

But more noise can only help as it shows more support from the consumer.

I’d be happy to see new threads on this daily.

14 Likes

I don’t see why not, especially with the new player starting experience in Shadowlands. Your worgen/goblin could have been one who became an adventurer after leaving Gilneas/Kezzan, learned how to be a monk, and was recruited for the expedition that ended up on the island.

8 Likes

Yes please, I wanna be Jon Talbain.

10 Likes

Yep I agree there is no logical reason these two races can’t be monks…
If a Tauren can throw a spinning back kick and do backflips ect then I don’t see why Worgen cant and goblins well who doesn’t wanna play there own version of Yoda

Maybe its that the Worgen are too proud to learn martial arts moves based on a tiger and the whole cats vs dogs thing :joy:

But seriously Blizzard give this to your players it causes no harm to anyone by doing this.

13 Likes

Honestly, they even put a goblin in the monk class hall!

10 Likes

If I could get a Worgen Monk, Shaman, or Paladin I would race change immediately. I think all 3 would make sense but I’d settle for any one of them. Just take my money already Blizzard!!

6 Likes

The original reason they couldn’t be Monks was because they didn’t want to add new class trainers to the starting zones, and the class trainers were interwoven into both the Gilneas/Kezan storylines.

Now that Goblin/Worgen will start on Exile’s Reach like every other race, there is no reason why they cannot be Monks!

9 Likes

Please add worgen/goblin monks. My monk is a tauren but I’d KILL to play a goblin monk, as my monk is going to be what I main in Shadowlands. With Exiles Reach coming I don’t see a reason to gate them any further. It could even bring more people to the monk class if they could play those races.

5 Likes

Please that would be amazing! At this point I don’t believe there are any logical reasons (or lore reasons) that they can’t be?

It used to be said that it was because they couldn’t reach inner harmony…that never made sense because the worgen starting area is ALL about finding that inner balance (getting the scythe, drinking the waters). But even if that were somehow still an arguement…void elves and mechagnome monks make absolutely no sense then.

Others say it was the starting zone restrictions…but with Exile’s Reach freeing up whole new sub-races/clans that had that SAME restriction (wildhammer dwarves/forest trails/sandfury trolls)…there is no reason worgen/goblin monks couldn’t START in Exile’s Reach.

I would love my worgen monk to become a reality. Please Blizzard, think about it!

4 Likes

There was a lot of animation and rigging issues with Worgen monk animations back then that has since been fixed during WoD.

Monk should be available to every race and allied race at this point.

7 Likes

I agree. Lightforged Draenei should have them too.

3 Likes

They def should, those wrestling tourney quests on Argus come to mind.

3 Likes

That their starting zones were time locked before the cataclysm and not many pandas ever made it off the turtle or land itself.

That was why they weren’t able to.

Considering orcs are monks this was never the reason.

I mean we been saying this since they announced that little thing.

3 Likes

Which is ironic that out of all the allied races to not get monk blizzard decided Lightforged Draenei was it.

3 Likes

i swear they need to do this. abosulutely ZERO excuse as to why all current races with the new starting zone why there cant be monks.

and you can bet your sweet fuzzy worgen booty ill be race changing my monk to worgen if this happens. c’mon blizz you stand to make 25$ of this… YOU MAKE MONEY OFF OF THIS if thats not incentive enough i dont know what would honestly get you to do it… just saying…

3 Likes

I mean worgen make the most sense with beating people with their paws.

2 Likes