Worgen/Goblin Monks for Shadowlands

If Worgen gets monk, i’m having another monk alt.

3 Likes

I’ve been advocating for Goblin/Worgen Monks ever since MoP.

A video I posted online often gets cited for early examples of footage of animations of Goblin/Worgen monks through a model viewer.

And again, with the advent of a universal starting zone, allowing for more race/class combinations makes sense going forward, since the previous arguments of time-locked zones can be completely thrown out now. I’m just gonna copy/paste what I said in another thread I tried to start up

A Goblin Monk, named “Gakkiz Blusterblast” , who initially started off as a Garrison follower back in Warlords of Draenor.
Originally intended to be a Mage, but due to a small error was listed as a Monk. This was later fixed down the line.
But going forward into Legion, it seems something stuck and he decided to become a Monk after all! He now hangs out on the top floor of a Bar within the Monk Order Hall. (Also, according to the Monk Order Hall Class Mount , the previous Monk Grandmaster once visited Kezan)

4 Likes

who knows, maybe it will be at their big reveal coming? i dont see why being able for each race to be all classes couldnt eventually be a thing… but i get why they dont to a point. as someone who mainly plays worgen its disappointing at the end of the day not being able to play monk pally and shaman. i really feel the lore could bend a little bit to allow worgens to be pally and shamans…

1 Like

I 110% support this and would have a new main!!!

Goblin. Drunk. Monk.

That is all.

3 Likes

I have my own post about this, but I couldn’t possibly agree more with the sentiment that Goblins should be monks. Main is a monk, Goblin is my favorite race, but I’m always stuck with one or the other. I post on Twitter about this probably daily.

4 Likes

I believe the lore has it that there was no order of paladins in Gilneas (probably due to Greymane’s idea that foreign influenced thought and practices are not welcome in Gilneas) after the 2nd war which is why Gilnean worgens cannot be paladins. I have no idea where people are getting the idea that worgen shamans could be a thing since Gilneas did not have shamans in their entire history.

1 Like

It’s because of an NPC named “Raul the Tenacious” on the alliance expedition teams for Island Expeditions. It’s a worgen who uses a few shaman spells, like lightning bolt, and Hex.

yes, please. give us light forged, goblin, and worgen monks.

1 Like

Worgen would make sense as it’s a great path for them to try to calm the inner beast. But I think Goblins wouldn’t be interested in something so spiritual and unprofitable while the Lightforged are too zealous to try something so different to their own ways.

1 Like

As an owner of a chain of dojos I can tell you martial arts are very profitable.

2 Likes

Yeah on the lightforged thing… if they were only allowed Paladins and Priests I would agree. However, Hunters and Mages would arguably have less to do with the light as they aren’t spiritual.

Goblins is a tougher sell. I would put it that as profiteers and master negotiators, goblins have shown exemplary strength of will and mind to impress a passing monk master to teach a few the ways of the monastery. It’s a stretch, but then again so are undead holy priests so… yeah.

There is also a Goblin Monk in the Monk Orderhall named Gakkiz Blusterblast
Who hangs out in the top of a bar in the main area.

The Monk Orderhall Mount also has a line of dialogue that says the previous Grand master had visited Kezan at some point in his life.

There’s also a Pandaren Monk in Ashran who is meditating in the Goblin area, saying that the sounds of Goblin Machinery are somewhat Meditative for him.

As for Goblins not being interested in it because of the “They’re too greedy and self-serving”
In the Death Knight starting zone, Goblin Deathknights encounter Gally Lumpstain. He explains that you pretty much helped him kick what was essentially a Drug Habit, and inspired him to join the Argent Dawn

You were the only good goblin I knew. That’s how I ended up in the Argent Dawn, because I knew it was what you woulda done. How could this have happened to you?
Remember the goblin that you once were, <brother/sister>! You were my best friend! Fight this!
Listen to me, . You must fight against the Lich King’s control. He is a monster that wants to see this world - our world - in ruin. Don’t let him use you to accomplish his goals. You were once a hero and you can be again. Fight, damn you! Fight his control!

Rewatching the Burdens of Shaohao, aside from conquering negative emotions in order to become a better person. The message by the end was that with enough time, anyone could learn the teachings of the Celestials of Pandaria.

They never turned Shaohao away from the lessons, and he learned to overcome the worst parts of himself.

Goblins and Worgen are not exempt from this, they could do it as well.
The Nightborne who were secluded from all outside contact begun learning pretty much straight away about Monk teachings.
Exploring the landing area for new Nightborne, you can find Adult Nightborne being taught by a Pandaren on how to become a Monk.
So the time investment required isn’t the longest thing in the world. (Still assumedly a long time though of course in comparison to real world martial arts)/

6 Likes

Draenei have a monk in their starting zone. When you talk to him he says “I was walking by and heard an explosion so here I am!”

That, to me, should set the standard that every race can have a monk. “Oh I was walking by this island and now I’m here.”

8 Likes

I fully agree that all races should have monk available.

If anyone can learn the ways of the sword, then they should equally be capable of learning the ways of the fist and foot.

4 Likes

Lightforged not having them was a weird one for me. We do eredar martial arts for a quest on Argus. That is proof they can learn to punch things.

6 Likes

Goblins and worgen absolutely need monk with the addition of exiles reach. The excuse used prior was the restrictive starting zones for those races. Which is no longer the case. If nightborne can roll out of suramar after 10000 years of being bubble people and then immediately become a monk and astral project themselves to the peak of serenity, then even kezan goblins who have been on the mainland since cata can finally join the order.

7 Likes

Baby Yoda Grogu is why we need Goblin Monks

allied races can be monks and they don’t… gosh…

1 Like

This makes perfect sense. But I actually liked the lore reason that they lacked discipline or whatever. That worgen were too out of control to gainbinner peace.

The animations are already in the game .

Goblin Monk

• ‘https’://youtu.be/PmtwW7Tgb7A*
    Worgen Monk
  • https’://youtu.be/V2EC4bexRak*