Worgen Heritage Armor Story could have been Better

Some Gilneans at the very least be moving into Darkshire since

1. It feels just like home
  2. There’s wild worgen in need of treatment
  3. It’s vacant since half the population turned into demon cultists and murdered the other half
1 Like

but it isnt our home and can never replace our home. gilneas is our place

1 Like

But there’s no harm in some settling down there while home remains disputed/blighted/whatever excuse they’re giving now

I’d just take the district, man. I’d be thrilled if the Forsaken get even that and it’d fit perfectly in the Cleft of Shadows.

If Gilneas is any precedence I think Lordaeron and North Nelf Kalimdor are just going to remain bombed out wastelands we try not to think about as the expansions drag us into new and exciting things to get annoyed at.

then gilneans and forsaken are doomed

2 Likes

I mean fel the Exodar and Quel’Thalas have been floating in Outland, awkwardly stapled onto Azeroth for what 12 years now?

It’ll never not be jarring to see Lor’Themar’s decked to the nines, lovingly crafted 2019 model standing by 2006 art assets.

2 Likes

at least they have their city instead of having to live in another’s capital

1 Like

I guess. But they’ve both remained half destroyed ruins you can’t even fly in since they’re in Outland.

Just makes the Draenei and Belves look incredibly lazy. The Orcs and Humans have revamped their respective capitols several times now and the Forsaken rebuilt a chunk of Lordaeron in their image.

Cut to Silvermoon and half the city is an overgrown mess overrun with magic crackheads. Is it going to take like Nightborne moving in and gentrifying the place? Seriously pull up some of those magic brooms and get to sweeping.

i would be happy with a low poly gilneas city, as my capital, because then my race can have its own identity at least. i mean gilneas is just sitting there waiting to be used by worgen. but blizzard never does anything with it

1 Like

I don’t think that’s inherently necessary. The Gnomes and Darkspear certainly have distinct identities despite lacking much outside a starting zone.

I think the problem is nobody knows enough about Gilneas to identify much with it and the savage beastman angle has been so downplayed as to be a non-issue. So what are you left with? Overcoats and top hats.

2 Likes

but we have seen the gnomes at least attempting to retake their city piece by piece, which is more than what the worgen players have, in which we never see any efforts to go home

1 Like

We don’t even get overcoats! They gave those to Kul’tirans. It seems all the identity Gilneas had was given to the Kul’tirans and now they just want Gilneans to disappear and become a part of the Stormwind Humans.

3 Likes

Isn’t the Battleground exactly that though?

Maybe that’s why nobody can keep their story straight on it. Who’s in control changes with every 15 minute match.

From what I’ve read that was originally the plan for the BG. A big battle around seizing districts in the big city area. But the play testing went disastrously and Blizz scrapped it. Replacing it with the AB alike we’ve now.

i dont think bgs are canon

I think they’re supposed to represent flash points of larger conflicts. From what I can gather at least Alterac Valley is, and the Defilers and League of Arathor turn up in Arathi so clearly they’re around doing something.

Damn not even overcoats? Well you got top hats at least. They may take your lands, they may invalidate your racial fantasy, but they’ll never take your fashion.

1 Like

worgen get a coat in their heritage armor but it isnt as long, and it has 3d textures like a pocket watch attached to your belt

The top hat looks stupid for the Worgen set and clips through the ears so it wasn’t even designed well.

Also the Alliance controls Gilneas, Varian at the end of MoP says he wants to move Druids there to clean out blight or something like that.

We just don’t see anything represented in game, so the military has control of Gilneas, but no citizens are currently living there.

In fairness I imagine they’d cut holes for the ears. There’s some things you’ve to just accept. Like my undead having every piece of armor look like I just tore it out of a rusty wood chipper in an abandoned quarry.

Though SL may at last grant us the power of pants.

2 Likes