Worgen Customization Mega Thread

Rest in peace to my worgen brothers and sisters. And nightborne…
Today is a sad day.

4 Likes

To be honestly fair, no wolf sits around with a Perma snarl or looking “Vicious” when at rest. This is what the Worgen are showing when docile and at rest, they don’t look vicious at all.

Now making them look gruff, ragged, or like they have seen the odd scrap or two would make more sense to give them an overall tougher appearance. I am just glad they got rid of the absolutely atrocious female model from before.

As for the OP I 1000% support everything stated there. The argument that Worgen never had tails no longer holds water if the devs themselves cannot make up their minds when drawing them if they do or do not.

Personally, I say give them the option and ignore the haters. This furry hate is just a boring trend that people jump on to look cool. Most people who like “Anthropomorphic” animals probably grew up in the 70 to the 90s or had/have parents or relatives that did. Disney, Warner Brothers, Hanna Barbara, etc. All had walking talking, clothes-wearing, humanoid-looking animals to some degree.

3 Likes

Thank you.

In all honesty, a part of me wants to make a raw, spill my heart video directed at Blizzard to express my disappointment. Not to hate bash them, just to demonstrate and give my final words. I’ll always have a love for Blizzard. Hell, my first online game ever was Diablo 2 and I grew up with the company. There have been times that them as a company has failed to protect me and still I remained loyal to them. I won’t get into the specifics on that one but I will say I have suffered because of their neglect to handle certain situations that came up.

Just hearing “oh keep on submitting your feedback” and not even acknowledging the ample feedback that’s been given over the years really show the disconnection with the player base. For worgen customization in particular, the things I mentioned in the original posts were things suggested back during the Cataclysm alpha. It’s just so tiresome now…

2 Likes

youve been in the same situation as me im assuming, Transgender and they refuse to change your bnet name without a name change certificate thus meaning you are faced with your deadname every time you open your account or a ticket…

2 Likes

Nah not quite that situation though I am very sad to hear you’re going through that.

1 Like

No more increased customisation in shadowlands. [Requesting a refund] - Community / General Discussion - World of Warcraft Forums (blizzard.com)

This is my response to this whole mess…

2 Likes

I’m so sorry you have to deal with that. Super frustrating.

Nah screw it.

Blizzard is making a mistake.

Not going to stop requesting till they get it through their heads that more customization should be a priority.

#giveworgentails
#giveworgenuprightposture
#giveworgenlorecorrecteightfootsize
#giveworgenasolidtrueblack
#giveworgentopofheadears
#giveworgenmoreworgencustomization
:wolf:

3 Likes

Nice, Polygon put up a link towards this thread. Thanks Polygon!

Blizzcon was definitely a huge disappointment for a lot of us. While they do say they want “more feedback”, whatever that means at this point, we will continue to do just that. Keep this thread alive and continue to bring in your ideas for worgen customizations!

5 Likes

As always worgen get the short end of the stick :frowning: oh but taliesen call us winners! (¬¬)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-B3f52z2ES0&t=550s&ab_channel=KajiSagara

1 Like

I get audio from the T&E clip but after that there is nothing. Is that intentional?

for the freaking titans, the wrong audio played, dammit, ah well time to re upload!

1 Like

Haha all good! Figured I’d make you aware :slight_smile:

What pisses me off the most is that I’ve been giving this feedback MANY TIMES before the 8.2.5 rework, the 8.2.5 PTR, and of course this post which was just after the Shadowlands announcement. Not only that, I wore a t-shirt (and wolf tail) to BlizzCon in 2019, shouting at the top of my lungs about worgen tails during the Q&A because that is how passionate I am about this race. I was genuinely excited for worgen to “finally have their due” but it seems my fears came into fruition. We were flat out taxed for the 8.2.5 rework and the human form. At least, that is how I feel.

I have used multiple mediums on giving feedback. These Forums, the beta/ptr/alpha dev forums, Twitter, reddit, etc etc. I very much so recall my threads blowing up, especially during the 8.2.5 PTR forums with people very much in agreement with my suggestions as they do here. But yet… we haven’t provided ample feedback over the years for Blizzard to at least acknowledge us… :roll_eyes:

As I said, Blizzcon was the final nail in the coffin for me and I’ve moved on to other games. Maybe I’ll come back when Blizzard gets more in touch with its player base and actually listen. Some people say that those being mad about the no new customization are nothing but “spoiled brats.” Guess what, we pay to play this game too and are just as entitled to expect a company to deliver on their word. Character customization was a HUGE selling point for Shadowlands and pre-covid they adamantly spoke of this feature being a thing throughout the expansion. Now to receive NOTHING for at least 2-3 years? Yeah, nope, I’m out. I’m a 16 year old vet to the game and this is the first time I have officially unsubbed.

They don’t understand how disheartening it is to be a fan of a race that’s been in constant turmoil since the alpha phase of Cataclysm, give ample feedback with a huge amount of support, and be completely given the cold shoulder. Again, human customization is not worgen customization so take that into account when you look at worgen form customization only compared to Tauren, Night Elves, Orcs, etc etc.

5 Likes

We recognize the importance of customization options that allow players to better express themselves, and saying we have no plans to add additional options (like hair styles, etc.) in Shadowlands content updates doesn’t undermine our commitment. Visual fidelity of all aspects of our game, and especially player characters, whether it’s the appearance of player models, animations or visual effects is an ongoing project and we’re constantly working to raise that bar. We have a ton of unique outfits and other cosmetic rewards coming in Chains of Domination and beyond, but do not plan to add additional baseline customization options during Shadowlands.

sigh Is Hazzikostas serious?
He treats it as a side project, not a top priority one and that’s the problem.

He doesn’t understand that many - if not a majority - would have preferred to not have “a ton of unique outfits and other cosmetic reward” and having a ton of new choices in character customization.

Given the choice, i would have accepted to sacrifice a 3 boss raid if it allowed the artists to work on more customization options.

WoW was seriously lacking in this area to begin with and what was given feel like that 1/4 of the job was done from what anyone can expect for an overhaul.

Sad to see one of the biggest supporter of the worgens to move on elsewhere.
The thing is that you are not the only one to go because of this brutal “No”.
Why?
Because it doesn’t means that they are working on this project to have some release later, it means that they are not working at all.

Maybe they will reconsider if a ton of players quit for this reason but given the fact that they are very stubborn on certain subject, i wouldn’t count on it.

4 Likes

This dev team has been the worst stewards for Azeroth, ever.

Worgens need tails.

Worgens, and other races, need more customizations.

They did a “good enough” job and called it quits, even though they promised they would be adding more throughout Shadowlands. Big ol’ bait-n-switch with these jokers. So tired of it.

9 Likes

Let’s be honest humans and orcs got customization everyone else got scraps just to hint at what could be.

2 Likes

Mistakes happen, even in official artwork.

Most official artworks are actually commissioned from freelance artists who might not be intimately familiar with the material they’re drawing for – things like worgen tails are small details that can easily slip through the cracks.

2 Likes

Yet in the Darkmoon Faire video which was purely made by Blizzard as well as the teaser still image two different looks of Worgen were both given tails. That was not freelance work for the cinematic. Just stop trying to say no to optional things players would like to see when they have 0 impact on the game. Now if Worgen players were asking for an instant kill animation that they pounced on a target and ripped out there throat… ya that would be OP and something that would impact game play but when players are requesting an optional tail just for looks… Ya its not going to hurt to ask for it and the small minority that comes in here telling us no is just helping bump the thread keeping it at the top page.

4 Likes

Where did you get this idea? Blizzard has in house concept artists…

I don’t honestly know of any large gaming company that uses freelance artists to do their concept art…

1 Like

Because im stupid and i didnt check the older video heres the fixed version with the whole rant, and the light of recent blizzard statements, are we even screwed isnt?

https://youtu.be/vxr_DNWntw8

1 Like