With so many changes, Why Not Dual Spec?

Yeah I like the template idea a lot!

But that’s a completely different thing from what the OP is asking for. He wants the wrath dual spec thing

Please read the thread. I’m more than open to changes/modifications with dual spec. The Wrath version of dual spec was great, but I understand changes need to be made to protect the player base from themselves.

The goal blizzard has is community involvement; things that retain players and keep involvement high in addition to making money.

Tick the boxes and I’m sure they will consider it.

I propose

Dual spec rework

1 hour Cooldown timer
Only changeable in capital city class trainer
Retain Regular respec costs rules
upfront cost? im on the fence on that one. As the regular fees apply and do fair job in providing a decision on your gold spending.

GG :pancakes:

1 Like

No, don’t change it then. Works fine as it is. This solves nothing. It’s like you just wanna rework soemthing for the sake of it at this point. Thank god blizzard doesn’t listen to this drivel lol.

I agree with all this except for the lvl 70 unlock. I don’t believe we should punish lower level players for not pushing max level as fast as they can.

point taken edited post. agreed.

1 Like

i am up to my limit with #somechanges now.

there was a small window when i wouldve been like dual spec might not be so bad but im past that now.

we need to be very resistant to changes that do not fall into the timeframe of prepatch tbc up to but not including prepatch wotlk.

its getting a bit messy with everyone wanting a pet change including me which i will walk back now .

what im suggestion is still in line with how you can respec now at the trainer. But adds a cooldown timer and QoL to having your saved template.

So it makes it actively worse. Adds a CD and a useless change that doesn’t improve QoL. No reason to even change it. With the way people want dual spec I am glad it isn’t coming to tbc.

Useless change? You’re flat out wrong if you believe this wouldn’t be a positive change for at least some of the playerbase.

Useless change. How much time do you people spend reclicking a few icons? I can respec my druid in 10s and your change is just flat out crap for trying new specs because if it’s crap, you wait an hr to change back for literally no reason, though I am sure some idiot will say that the hr wait is some kinda pride or accomplishment thing. Just like they feel 50g makes choices important lol

With a cd and needing to go to a city I don’t really see the point of both being needed. The cd probably shouldn’t be a thing in your suggestion. I do however like the idea of going to a class trainer and swapping specs because having to change your key I d’s between let’s say ret and holy would be annoying to have to do if you routinely swapped during the week.

Then why change it, works EXACTLY that way now. Lol

I don’t disagree with you, I actually use my slot to change my bars because I’m lazy but it’s really not a big deal to just move a few keys around. Either way idc really.

1 Like

The CD is a potential answer to the concern of people trivializing raids. The hour CD is supposed to be for the dual spec, not changing your spec. The idea is that you can’t hearth to a major city, change spec for a particular boss or encounter, and portal back to swap specs again. Within one of your dual specs you’d still be able to pay to change specs like we currently do.

That’s not game breaking though. What’s stopping you from porting to town and just paying gold to swap your spec. I don’t think porting out to a city to change your spec would be desired because what time you might save on trash would be lost being forced to summon multiple people back.

Let’s also not forget you can’t summon to t5. If I wanted to change specs and had an hour cd that wouldn’t stop me from just changing it the old way then. The point imo of the dual spec at the trainer is the convenience of my bars changing for me.

Ahh yes, the non issue of trivlizing raids I don’t remember dual spec trivializing wrath, there was many other things that did that, but the ability for my druid to swap to a crappy set of feral gear and offtank (Which never actually happened) was definitely the game breaker.

Remove the CD or keep it the same cause your changes worthless in every aspect. I’d rather just have it as it is now than this pathetic iteration. Doesn’t matter though, no ones getting it thank god.

Not sure where the condescending attitude is coming from. I personally don’t want the hour CD, but it’s a potential fix to the concern people have. If, miraculously, we find out doing something like porting to swap specs and going back to an instance would make it faster than trudging on, people will do it as we’ve seen with world buffs. I honestly don’t believe it would, and would be content with having it tied to a class trainer. This is just a proposal to quench people’s fears of dual spec consequences.

Not sure what’s so ‘worthless’ in a healthy discussion.

Because the simple fact is dual spec never trivialized a raid. That’s why there is no reason to change it lol. It’s a flat out unfounded fear that never happened or I somehow, despite playing during it, never once experienced it.

Still waiting to hear how it did. I think I asked this either here, or another thread, and received zero answers as usual