With so many changes, Why Not Dual Spec?

If Dual spec is in the game. Being able to freely switch spec is taken for granted

At this point, it’s more about what X class can bring to the raid instead of what X spec can bring to the raid.

Wow, raiding is about class composition, colored me shocked, you mean like it always was? That why raids specifically look for certain classes for roles? Do you raid at all?

1 Like

Huh, so it’s located in the shop (for your shopping convenience!) and you use your credit card to obtain it.
Fail logic, “But it’s not a cash shop item!!”
:joy_cat:

2 Likes

Still butthurt over a cosmetic mount eh?

Imagine people thinking blizzard was gonna do nothing to increase profit from wow classic/tbc. Incredible

correct. glad we finally understand the difference

I wholeheartedly agree with these three concerns, and would like to give my take on them.
By restricting spec swapping to rested areas, or the class trainer, or even a timed CD (say an hour), you can eliminate the possibility of nerfing raid content, as it wouldn’t be possible to swap specs mid raid. I don’t believe this would affect hybrids negatively, as you generally want at least one of each spec in the raid (take Paladins for example). I believe these issues get blown out of proportion when in reality they can be squashed with simple fixes.

1 Like

Can you please show me where raids were balanced with this in mind?

agree

agree

super agree

But i think we should keep the regular TBC respec cost rules each time. So it cant be said its removing a gold sink.

Clearly we should remove the gold cost as that would clearly make new players go buy RMT gold when they see they need to spend 50g each time just to fool with talents. This is clearly and objectively a good idea cause we all hate the botters.

Fallacy. The RMT and botting is an issue for developers to police and crack down. Keeping the gold cost is but a subtle measure that ensures players need to be out and about producing the gold if they want to continue to do respecs often which in turn make for a more active game world.

Not at all! The only argument I saw against boosting was all this about botters and everyone just assumed that “OHHHHH ANYONE USING A BOOST WILL BUY RMT GOLD CAUSE OF PROFS OR MOUNTS WAA” so, why don’t we remove all these burdensome gold sinks so we don’t have this issue! Definitely a positive thing

I’m not sure what you mean here. I was presenting possible fixes to the dual spec concern of swapping specs mid raid to make PvE content easier.

Oh no, we gotta convince people with something they hate even more, RMT and Botting and nothing drives RMT desire more, than gold sinks on arbitrary stuff :smiley:

So, remove the respec fees, add dual spec, clearly less RMT!

As much as i want tbc does anyone want the pre patch not to come out in May?

I strongly feel that the developers still don’t have all their ducks in a row and personally speaking I rather them have their ducks in a row before a pre patch is dropped.

too much sarcasm not enough proposed solutions. How about focus more on proposing alternate solutions instead.

We don’t need an alternate solution, dual spec worked just fine as it was. No issues presented to me are anything that actually exists, just assumptions people are making despite the fact we have seen how dual spec influenced the game during wrath, and none of their fears were present.

but RMT is far worse than anything so, clearly a better choice

An hour cooldown should work.

Because dual spec doesn’t actually make blizzard any money.

Store mount makes them money
Slightly buffed content makes them money
Original nerfed BS weapons makes them money

Dual spec on the other hand actually costs them money because you don’t need to play as much meaning you’re less likely to be part of the community and as a result the server feels less alive making people less interested in the game.

More people online actually makes games more popular and “fun” in turn driving participation and income. Dual spec really doesn’t provide return on investment in the way blizzard wants to see it i the form of big $$$$$$$$$$

Tho someone may make the case that dual spec will amp participation outside of meta role play… blizzard doesn’t see it that way tho. Someone may also point out that if it’s expensive they will be out farming to get it;; maybe true but with the gold hordes that we all have and some people who buy it, will that actually help ? Unlikely.

1 Like

Strongly disagree with how dual spec worked as it was originally.

The upfront cost was minimal. The sheer ease of change removed player agency.

The best QOL Dual spec offers as it saved your template of play. ( this is good)

So what is the best trade off?

Keeping the costs as would be on regular respecs from original game (keeps the gold sink)
Add a cooldown to making the change (limits )
Do it in Capital city with your class trainer and only there. (another limit)

This is the Best way to implement Dual spec unless anyone wants to add to that or contest any concerns.

I think though a properly implemented Dual spec would make for a more fun experience and encourage more player participation. As it gives you another way you can play your toon but retain limitations that would break the norm.

The key factor of coarse is putting a timer on it, changeable only in capital city trainer, and keeping the costs of respecs.

2 Likes