With so many changes, Why Not Dual Spec?

I don’t think a CD is necessary. The CD was only invented to try to find some kind of argumentative middle ground to the lunatics that believe we should be running raids in pvp specs.

The only time anyone would respec is if their raid is having difficulty with a fight (or trash). outside of that , it will be to quest or pvp. There are so many advantages to dual spec for all players that, to me, it sounds insane to not have it because someone believes they will have a slight advantage in certain situations.

LIke I have said before, I have never read anyone saying that dual spec ruined the game.

1 Like

Those items from the start were completely worthless pets that most people don’t even notice being out.

Their goal is not authenticity, it’s to make money. They will change anything and everything they deem necessary if it will maximize their profits.

1 Like

i do feel like boosts are worse than dual spec. rather have duel spec then the 58 boost. 58 boost destroys all integrity of the game. might as well have everything retail has if we already going down this path again. sad but true. just a matter of time

1 Like

nevermind that cosmetic items are cosmetic items regardless of what they actually are - the early collectors editions also came with TCG packs which:

1. potentially resulted in more than 1 mount

2. promoted the idea of buying more TCG packs, which meant spending more money for even more cosmetic items

Welcome to American business. FYI: that should be quarterly earnings.

2 Likes

The items available in TBC should be available in Classic. I almost never saw someone with one of the TCG mounts so I imagine they will be quite prestigious and rare in classic. Some digital deluxe version of TBC will have half the server running around on the new mount.

If I could respec anytime out of combat, i would 100% have two raid specs on all my raiding characters. Most serious raiders would as well.

1 Like

There are countless improvements to WoW that were made AFTER the BC expansion. Putting them all in means “creating a new game, a little bit like BC”. There is no market for that game. Putting none of them in EXCEPT your favorite one means creating “TBC plus YOUR favorite feature”. What makes you more special than anyone else? Why should you get YOUR favorite feature added, while I do not get MY favorite feature added?

Bottom line: Blizzard is not trying to create “the best game we can, but sort of like TBC”. Blizzard is trying to create “a game very much like TBC was”.

Just because Blizzard is not perfect is not a reason to add YOUR feature.

“The Boost” is marketing, not a rule change. It is a 2014 Blizzard change, offered as part of every new expansion launch, to attract new players who want to play TBC (but do not want to play Vanilla).

2 Likes

The thing is though, a large amount of players did ask for them. I think blizz listens to the player base too much which is how we ended up with retail

1 Like

TBC is also how we got to retail. You can just keep your old a** in classic and spam 2 hours for a tank.

While I don’t agree with your justification of “The Boost” as you put it, that is still a change to the Classic Era mindset. Vanilla Classic was strictly a #nochanges game, and with the boost, (among other things) TBC Classic will be a #somechanges game. People are fearful of this becoming retail. While that’s possible, the retail people know and dislike, is so far down the road from where we are that it’s not fair to use the argument. Why did Blizzard get to decide on “The Boost” for us? Ultimately they decide what goes into the game, however this is a change that only has upside to it. It’s an amazing QoL change that people would love, as it benefits the average player the most. With #somechanges, this game is already Classic+, we might as well embrace the opportunity to build a better game, rather than squash the beneficial QoL aspects that retail has actually provided.

1 Like

give dual spec, need for pvp, dont wanna reset bars every other day, ty.

The best argument people have is

“It’s in retail therefore bad”

But have no actual justification for why it’s bad other than retail did it, therefore bad.

2 Likes

If you can guarantee that dual spec won’t :

• Affect the gameplay/raid content
  • Create a new meta with 2 PvE/PvE spec to optimize every encounters (indirect nerf)
  • Affect some hybrid classes/specs because some others classes can do better just by switching spec

Then i don’t care. But no one can guarantee this.
Everyone is : “I love this feature so i don’t care if it affect the others or the content as long as it make it easier for me”

3 Likes

I like how you gave no actual examples of how it negatively affects these classes, you just assumed they would.

Invalid point.

I’m not a good theorycrafter nor i have knowledge of every class/spec.

That’s why i was asking you who want dual spec if you could guarantee that it won’t affect theses classes/specs.

Ok, you play retail? Did dual spec do this when it was added then? Cause I don’t remember it doing so. We already know what it does and how it changes things cause we released it once already lol

I did.

I don’t know because as i said i’m not a good theorycrafter.

The only thing i know is that on retail there is a huge classes homogenization and each spec bring less utility to the raid than during TBC.
So yeah, it probably have less impact but it’s not really the same game.

Everyone is saying “dual spec has no downside”. For me this could be a huge one.

Except the homogenization happened in Cata when talent trees went from a multi choice system to clicking which “spec” you wanted to play and being railroaded into what you took. This also happened when each class could do everything.

Dual spec had nothing to do with homogenization and never once did I join a raid where someone got canned because a dual spec class could do it better.

1 Like