With near universal approval can we get a response about dual spec please

Go ahead and replace “unnecessary” with “illogical” if it helps you comprehend the circumstance better.

You’re trying to argue that because you have a niche situation in a guild that the character you’re speaking on isn’t even in, who doesn’t do logs and has trouble on Maiden of Virtue has a boomkin who has to take over for the Paladin tank because they aren’t good enough to tank it, and thus has to go to town and be the tank for that fight, and then do it again to go back to moonkin…

…that Blizzard should add dual spec to compensate this issue.

No. The solution to this is for you and “your guild” to improve their game.

4 Likes

What are you even talking about now? None of that has anything to do with the fact that your statement acknowledges what people are doing even though beforehand you claimed I was lying when I said that my guild does exactly what you acknowledged.

They don’t. You have no evidence that they do. Inclined to believe this “moonkin tank” story is even made up.

The point is, that you seem to be missing, is that however they’ve managed to already achieve what they are trying to do…they can simply continue to do. Dual spec isn’t needed to facilitate it.

1 Like

LoL well when a liar who’s only issues with dual spec are completely imaginary I guess you would have to resort to calling others a liar.

1 Like

It doesn’t even matter if it’s true. My point still stands. Dual spec is irrelevant.

2 Likes

Then given there’s no actual reason not to add it and that dual spec would improve the experience for some people it should be added :slight_smile:

1 Like

You are going back and forth on these two things. What are you even talking about now? First you said my guild doesn’t do this but your reply to Ziryus acknowledges that people do do this. You can call it illogical or unnecessary or whatever you want, but you acknowledge it. Which means calling me a liar is irrelevant because whether or not my guild does this doesn’t neglect the fact that other guilds do it too.

Someone earlier called you a liar. I’m starting to agree with them.

2 Likes

What? You just went back and forth with me on this and now you’re saying it doesn’t even matter?

What are you even trying to do?

Nevermind, done with this and done with you. You just like insulting strangers for no reason. I can understand if people don’t like something I don’t, but there’s no reason to hate me for it. It’s just rude.

You are acting overly confused in an effort to depict this argument as complicated and it’s not.

I’ll break it down for you.

You want dual spec.

I don’t.

You say it will help because people need it so they don’t have to go back to town so much to respec between fights.

I say you don’t do that, and if you do it’s illogical/unnecessary.

You say I’m arguing opposite points (?).

These aren’t contradictory points. What your guild is doing could be wholly deemed illogical and a very niche scenario in fact, the way you described it.

I’m inclined to think your guild doesn’t do this regularly enough to justify the claim that drastically disfiguring TBC from it’s original intended design is necessary, but you post on a non-70 alt that is not in the same guild as your guild.

Regardless of how I feel about your honesty, it still doesn’t even breach the over-arching point here: dual spec isn’t needed to facilitate to this need either way. Clearly they are managing to do it without.

That’s the whole idea. Dual spec is simply a convenience element, but older WoW design is about being less convenient. I signed up to play this game because it has shed the conveniences of newer WoW. Heck, I have guildees who would have rolled entirely different classes if dual spec existed. You’d be retro-actively harming the faithfulness of the game to it’s source material, and changing the product from what we were promised a step too far.

Continuously calling me rude when I’m not is just dishonest ad hominem.

4 Likes

Ok if so many people are against dual spec because EVERYONE will respec in raids and makes the raids TOO EASY(15 year old content that some guilds are going to power right through in a matter of minutes btw), then can we get a lower respec cost? Max 10 gold? Free? Anything would help people who like to play different specs on a regular basis.

1 Like

Correct, and more importantly, the people who want dual spec can provide actual reasons they want it.

You can not provide any reasons not to add it.

No, you make the 50g and pay it, just like players in 2007-2008 did with way less gold available to them.

We’ve provided plenty. They just aren’t good enough reasons for you, obviously, but that’s irrelevant to us how you feel about those reasons.

All you have provided is #nochanges, which even blizzard doesn’t consider a valid reason in TBC Classic.

He’s just rude to people want it. That’s all. Probably just add that to the reasons I want it, so that rude folks like him don’t get their way.

I have not said “no changes”…

It’s a little late for that, the game right now doesn’t have dual spec…so…I win I guess?

And why was no dual spec at launch?

1 Like

Hey, was this done at launch?

I’m pretty sure the release date for TBC Classic was June 1st. Looks like that post is dated for June 24th.