With all the scrutiny about multi boxing

Oh yeah I was going to RAF myself but it never came to fruition. Please don’t tell me why he was actioned… because it looked like this IP address was creating fake accounts for advertising or something.

And I linked his guild: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/guild/us/moon-guard/radar-systems All his characters except Banael, which is mine.

I would rather not post his email address but it has the same last name as mine.

2 Likes

I was under the impression that you were on a shared network or VPN since there are dozens of accounts associated with this IP. If you are claiming that you created them in order to do a Recruit a Friend, Tovi, I’d say that it is important to use your name and contact information, but my guess is that those other accounts are just associated with the same IP and not specifically you or your husband. :slight_smile:

Just character information works, I wouldn’t want you to post an email either. I missed the link from the previous post.

Unfortunately, I don’t think there is much that I can tell you. It does appear to be for botting/exploitation. It was changed from a ban to 6 months because they verified the account wasn’t purely exploitative but that is as much as I can tell you.

4 Likes

This doesn’t sound right. I don’t think I made accounts with fake names. What you’re claiming does not make sense. I use my cell phone because I live in the middle of BFE and any internet I can get out this way would be crap.

Edit: Wait you said dozens, not a dozen. I didn’t make dozens and like I said, I didn’t use a fake name.

2 Likes

Sorry for the confusion, Tovi, but you’ll want to read my entire paragraph there. Specifically:

4 Likes

I’m beginning to think we need to open another ticket and talk about our internet situation.

2 Likes

I’m not entirely certain why, Tovi, it isn’t really relevant to anything nor anything a Game Master would be able to help you with. I simply mentioned it because it made finding your husband’s account difficult, which was unexpected, that’s it.

3 Likes

I get it but we’re grasping at straws. Maybe it doesn’t matter because this entire thing angered him so much that he swore he’s never playing another Blizzard game again. But on the other hand, it’s frustrating to be accused of something you know you didn’t do and we want his name cleared.

We’re going to try anyways because I guess we’re under this delusion that eventually someone is going to see the truth.

Anyways, I appreciate your replies and looking into this. Whether it was true or not, we felt ignored.

3 Likes

Baicly they go by the logs and the logs dont lie your welcome to keep apealing till they tell you no more apeals will be looked at but they wont talk to you ingame to discuss it or via ticket.

Oh trust me, I know, and that’s what screwed up about this whole situation.

Sucker: Oh snap I’ve been banned. What did I do?
Blizzard: Can’t tell you. Don’t want to tip off the bots.
Sucker: Who cares about the bots? I want to know what I did so I can defend myself and/or figure out what I did wrong so I won’t do it again.
Blizzard: Too bad.
Sucker: Well, can I talk about it with other WoW players on the forums to compare notes?
Blizzard: Nope, not allowed, plus you’re not allowed to post on the forums. When you come back, don’t do it again.
Sucker: Do what again…?

Anyways, I’m done.

6 Likes

See, this is why I asked the original question to begin with. Like I said, I have 4 accounts I use (well, mainly 3 but there is a fourth) but I have an additional caveat.

I have a disabled adult son. He’s 25. He’s autistic, bi-polar and epileptic. Fully disabled. Can’t work, can’t even drive. But he has played WoW since BC. As he got older, one of his problem is SPECIFICALLY OCD in WOW. If something happens on an account (like an achievement) and he decides he doesn’t like a character, he has to completely abandon the account. I have bought SL a bunch of times for accounts he has thrown away - a couple the extra accounts with boosts, pets and mounts. I paid for several months on an account simply because he forgot to turn it off. If you look at my IP, I bet there are probably dozens of accounts over the last few years. Most not active at the same time but I bet it sure look suspicious. Too bad it’s just a person who has serious mental illness and his only way to connect to the world is through WoW.

This could very easily be seen as some kind of multi boxing if someone doesn’t know all the facts. And I will probably get told I am lying because people with limited life experiences have had to deal with problems like this. If Blizzard ever needed it, I could document it all.

inb4 anyone says this is stupid for allowing him to do this. It’s the only thing the kid has in this world (other than me) that he cares about. If he didn’t have this he would probably be locked back up in a place where he was treated very horribly. The few thousand I have spent on WoW to keep him ok is worthwhile.

It doesn’t really, and it isn’t at all a factor to any action that may or may not be taken.

It couldn’t. Multiboxing would be playing multiple WoW licenses at the exact same time, not accessing one, then stop playing it and starting a new one, rinse repeat. Playing more than one WoW license at the same time also isn’t against policy.

9 Likes

As has been said multiple times already, it doesn’t matter what another player thinks. They report a suspicion to Blizzard, and Blizzard investigates.

Beyond that, another player cannot see how many Battle.net accounts a person might have. Blizzard can see, but this is no kind of multiboxing suspicion.

In the end, multiboxing is allowed. Using hardware or software to mirror commands to multiple clients is not allowed.

9 Likes

If it was your husband posting here instead of you, they might do that. But they aren’t in the habit of discussing or disclosing that level of detail with someone who isn’t the account holder, namely, you.

To be blunt, it’s none of your business. I get you’re sticking up for your husband, but frankly, this is between him and Blizzard.

I would be able to provide more specifics for social violations, like naming or chat violations. Botting/exploitation I generally cannot outside of maybe providing a general category on the violation.

I’m afraid the longer this thread goes on the more confused this may become so I’m going to lock this one up. Thanks all.

9 Likes